Moving the fuse to the negative wire. Will it work in conjunction with a basic Mosfet?

Tommygunn

Even though I use a car blade fuse in the stock tube I still want to make more room for my Lipo and plugs. Can I move the fuse to the negative side of the battery and in my case have it attached to the 'source', or maybe the 'drain' depending on fitment, and still have the fuse do its job as if it were connected to the positive?

Cheers,

Tom.

The fuse needs to be in the circuit before the "drain" element. Thats why its always on the positive wire and the first element in the circuit. If you need to relocate it you could use a longer wire and put the fuse wherever you want it to be. Not ideal but better than a fuse on the return part of the circuit.

That beeing said I remove all the fuses in my RIFs and have yet to actually destroy anything. Just don't force things when something is clearly wrong with the RIF and you won't be causing fires. Or alternatively use a mosfet that has a built in fuse.

I been messing about and bought a new grip and I might be able to sandwich a Micro2 fuse down between the motor can and the grip wall. If not then i might just ditch it and watch my trigger discipline if something acts up.

Cheers,

Tom.

Archived