Anyone used a Polyfuse/Resettable fuse in their AEGs?

Tommygunn

Yes I have.

I was using 2 16V / 7A poly fuses in parallel or they "blow" quite quickly (once cooled its working fine again) in a 18:1 ratio gearbox with a 'standard' motor. They work well, just don't make sure you don't go too low or too high, depending on build you may need to use something a bit higher amperage than I used.

That's cool. Yes, I'm only running an 18:1, 1Joule set up.

Where did you get your parts from? I'm having trouble finding large Amperage components and so far have only found a 10A rated part. Do they do 15 or 20Amp as a single component?

Tom.

10 hours ago, Tommygunn said:

That's cool. Yes, I'm only running an 18:1, 1Joule set up.

Where did you get your parts from? I'm having trouble finding large Amperage components and so far have only found a 10A rated part. Do they do 15 or 20Amp as a single component?

Tom.

I would of thought with a pair of 10A fuses you should be okay, thinking about it, it was orginally recommended to run a pair - the ones I have weren't that big. I have seen larger sizes for sale buy I think they were much bigger.

I use to order them from the big electronic suppliers in the UK, such as farnell: https://uk.farnell.com/w/c/circuit-protection/thermistors/resettable-fuses/radial-leaded-pptcs

Rich

• 1 month later...

Archived