CYMA Bizon Hicap Frontload Method?

Gunmane

As the title says, I am looking for info on how some folks have in the years past been able to load the cyma/s&t/insert other brand here bizon hicap magazine via taking the front end plate off or something to that effect in order to basically remove the spring and platform plunger inside.  I just tested mine out last weekend and it fed wonderfully for my old cyma bizon, but the little feeding latch door is indeed cumbersome and I have heard the disassembly method is not only faster but better on the internals.  It is a neat system that I wish some other mags could do somehow.  There was an old reddit post on it awhile back but sadly the commentator that had a imgur guide on the process never got back with me.

I owned a Silverback Bizon and I now own a PPS/SHS Bizon 3.

The Silverback used midcaps (which I miss) and they were not designed to be open from the front. I did a disassembly video on them years ago.

The PPS/SHS mags are hicaps, and they can be opened pretty easy. You just have to turn the front cap 45º CCW and it unlocks. Then you can pull out the cap, spring and plunger.
Now, these are designed to be filled like that. I don't know how the Cyma/S&T work, because I had the OTHER TWO brands :D

So you were the one that did that vid!  I watched it before thinking about trying to see if I could fix the midcaps, but in the end figured I would just mess up.  I just tried doing what you said was for the pps/shs hicap to my cyma one, and sure enough it worked.  Weird because iirc the pps/shs ones were sold as apex here in the USA and often came with only a hicap flashmag that was more akin to the real bizon mag in length and thus would not work with the cyma/s&t/silverback.

After a *suitcasey* day at work, this has made up for it, thank you!

About the length, yeah, the SHS flash mags are real steel length, thus shorter than Cyma ones, but I think they work pretty much the same way. If the cap opens like that as well, the internals will be pretty much the same.
SHS mags don't have the trap at the top nor the wheel at the bottom, or the slot where you can see the spring. They can only be loaded from the front.

It's a pity that they are of different size. I'd love to find midcaps for my Bizon 3.

Glad I could help you!

Archived