WE AK PMC Compatibility Questions

johnser

Hi.

I have a WE AK PMC GBB and was looking for some advise with updating its appearance.

I have installed the Zenithco handrails and I have a question about compatibility with the 5KU B-33 dustcover.

My handguard is a no name version, and I know go with 5Ku to ensure compatibility, but I was hoping to see about fit and finish also on the cover.

I also want to shorten the barrel and change the front gas block.  I was looking to use a AK-105 type block, with the integrated sights.  Which is the best one and what options do I have re: shorter barrel and compatibility with the WE.  I'm new to AK's so I'm only figuring all this out.

Thanks

John

Not sure about the B-33 dust cover but I recall there being a difference in length between ones for AEGs and GBBs. With the 105 gas block, there's only really LCT that sells it separately and is worth the $60 because it's steel and comes with the muzzle device. However WE does not make carbine length barrels. You have to start from an AKS74U barrel and graft an extension on like I did, or cut down your full length barrel and file a new cross pin groove.

WE dust covers are longer than the AK dust covers.

WE does not make carbine length barrels and an AKS74U is far too short.  However you can cut and thread with a lathe if you so desire, which is what I usually do.

I was going to do the same thing:

- shorten the barrel

- use a AK104 front sight

- cut back the rear sight block to allow handguard to sit in line with the grip.

- use a krebs custom dust cover with rear mounted rear sight

- mount an ultimak rail

- use a Zhukov lengthened handguard which the front sight wraps around

- shorten the barrel  and use a noveske linear comp, which is mostly encased by the zhukov handguard

- mount a Zhukov side folder stock

This is all on a WELL Type 56 (i.e. WE AK PMC clone with marui AEG bits) which has a Type 56 stock trunnion and requires modification.

Will call it, the Cyberpunk AK

Thanks guys for the responses. Defo giving me ideas on where to go. I have the Zhukov stock and pistol grip on order. 

The B31 rail I got from Aliexpress is actually quite good and only required a small but of filling to make it fit. Not bad for 50 dollars.

I did think about cutting the barrel to size and turning it on a lathe so I think that is the way forward.

I'll post pictures once the parts arrive.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive ordered all the parts now and they are starting to arrive.

The b-33 dust cover is shorter than the existing cover, but lines up perfectly.  Its very sturdy and should not have an issue holding zero.

I ordered the LCT 104 gas block, and would have been perfect for what I was looking for, but the front threads are 28mm for the flashhider, and doesnt have the 14mm to 28mm adaptor the other versions have.  I'll remove the front threads and mount to the barrel. SoI'll have to cut the barrel to length, and figure out how to thread the outer barrel for 14mm. Normally its not really an issue to get access to a lathe but with Covid its probably going to be difficult finding somewhere, but not impossible.  Want the flash hider to be as close to the hand guard as possible.  Pictures to follow. 

The PMC currently is fully internally upgraded with RA-Tech everything and tightbore barrel and NPAS.

Im torn between the folding stock and static stock.  Ive changed the stock to a Magpul CTR stock and have the Zhukov on order so will see hope that looks when installed.

Yep totally know it's a waste, but i did look and didn't see any adaptors. Wouldn't happen to have a linky to one? 

I was going to just turn it down on a lathe but it's not possible. The outer barrel actually sits under the threads so I cant turn them down as there is no material under them. 

Actually I was being lazy and searched and remeasured.  So its actually a 23mm cw thread,  so I think an Amoeba silencer adaptor will work.  If it doesnt I just noticed that my PBS suppressor has a 23mm thread and I can use that.  Ive actually got a new gas tube from a standard AK ordered and am waiting on that.  The PMC gas block wont fit with the top section of the rail cover.  Once that arrives I'll cut the barrel and fit the new gas block then just in case there are any differences between gas blocks (there shouldnt be).

If the Ares Amoeba adaptor doesnt suit I'll stick with the current flash hider.

More to follow.........

Archived