Help with milling (real steel) Heinie sights

Gunnman

I feel like I am not going to get much. But I am looking for someone who could help with a mill. I have an enigma S70 slide and I wanted to mill Heinie Classic sights on them. I have blueprints and the dovetail is .300"×65° which I would buy a cutter for. Blueprints attached.

I hate to do all this by hand.

heinie_1.jpg

Well, you're in the US, just take it to a gunsmith?  This sort of thing is their bread and butter surely?  I'm sure it would be a nice and easy job on what I'm assuming is an aluminium slide when they're used to working on steel.

On 11/8/2020 at 3:12 AM, Gunnman said:

Sadly, most gunsmith would turn me away because it's airsoft. Machine shops too because it's a one-off. 

Used to have a guy at a local shop help me with this stuff but it closed a few years back and he moved to Arizona.

Seriously? 

In my country we have community accessible/shared machinery and tools.  And then there are friends who work in workshops and would help out with odd jobs, and likewise we would all reciprocate if they need help.

Its alu, which is far easier to work with than steel, so that would take hardly any time to do.  But all the best though.

3 hours ago, 3vi1-D4n said:

Seriously? 

In my country we have community accessible/shared machinery and tools.  And then there are friends who work in workshops and would help out with odd jobs, and likewise we would all reciprocate if they need help.

Its alu, which is far easier to work with than steel, so that would take hardly any time to do.  But all the best though.

In my country, you need money to breathe, and friends reciprocate by ghosting you. In all fairness, I reached out to an old timer, my friend (who is in Arizona) recommended. It's a dead simple job, I just want it done right.

20 hours ago, renegadecow said:

You'll need someone who's taking machining as a hobby. Ask Brigg maybe?

I love his work, but I think he is concerned about cutting up expensive or rare guns without insurance. If something goes wrong, $150 goes out the window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived