i need halp

Dabs710

so i just got a new EMG F-1 Firearms PDW and it comes with a bell on the end of the barrel and i cannot for the life of me get it off to put my tracer unit on. i know its negative thread, but i cant even get my barrel guard off with out removing the bell on the end. so any tips or tricks would be wonderful can post pics if im able too im new here just desperatly looking for help i dont want this nice tracer to go to waste or to just sit in a box.

Tricky to apply heat at the threading considering you'd have to go through the holes in the handguard.

Can you see where it's catching?  Maybe that orange tip is stopping the handguard from sliding off?

Guys, I can clearly see that grub screw through the hole in the handguard...

On 3/27/2021 at 4:26 PM, Dabs710 said:

I'm pretty sure it tapers inside the guard and the bell is stopping it 

0327210823a_HDR.jpg

On 3/28/2021 at 4:11 PM, hitmanNo2 said:

Tricky to apply heat at the threading considering you'd have to go through the holes in the handguard.

Can you see where it's catching?  Maybe that orange tip is stopping the handguard from sliding off?

I'd use a heat gun and strip the orange cap off, if that doesn't let the handguard past then heat the end of the barrel where the spacer washer is that will release any threadlock/glue. 

ive removed and lost both grub screws im now learning that it is glued on why i really dont know what there mental process was on gluing a threaded attachment and the entire bell is blocking the handguard thats what all the scratches on it are from
edit i heated it up and got maybe 1/4 of a turn i can see the threadlock tape bunched up through the grub hole. i  regret buying this POS

Archived