Here my latest Ali Express gadget, in my collection “Tacticool Gear Accesories” a Replica of the Leatherman Raptor Rescue, a Trauma Shear / Rescue Multi-Tool.

1.0 Leatherman Raptor Rescue

Is designed specifically for rescuers, it is a foldable Trauma Shear with some additional tools such as a: Belt Cutter, Glass Breaker, Ring Cutter, O2 Tank Wrench, and Ruler. The original Leatherman Raptor also comes with a hard Molle Case with allows the Raptor worn in several ways.

The original Leatherman Raptor costs € 80 a € 100, depending on your wallet, and what you need the Raptor for, its a quit pricey item. The Raptor Rescue is a quite handy, heavy duty, scissors anyway, and a nice gadget, which you want to pass by your hands.

raptor.png

1.1 Leatherman

Timothy S. Leatherman, after his engineering training, in 1975, and together with his wife, makes a budget road trip through Europe, after having been requested several times with repairs to his car, and budget hotel plumbing with his classic pocket knife, he experiences the lack of pliers.

Leatherman decides to design pliers, combined with other handy tools, the Multi-tool, in 1980 he applies for his first patent, and in 1983 the first Leatherman Multi-tool is launched. Leatherman now has nearly 80 different tools, and is nowadays synonymous with Multi-tool 

Naamloos.thumb.png.c01d591df8df3800692fbd985b389121.png

2.0 IFAK Trauma Scissors

Is a pair of scissors specially designed for the quick removal of clothing and equipment from victims, characteristic is the angle of 15 °, and the blunt tips, so as not to injure victims when removing clothing, the reinforced design makes it possible to cut thick cutting heavy materials (such as military equipment)

The Trauma Shear is also part of the IFAK kit, but in case of heavily bleeding injuries, no need to be lost with the removal of clothing and equipment, you see these now often worn everywhere on the equipment.

2.1 MILSIM

Concerning Milsim re-enactment / impression I have not  been able yet to spot the Raptor Rescue, but it doesn't seem ilogical that individual soldiers/medics have already purchased it personally, whether or not they  at unit level (hypothic)

(Leatherman, however, suggests military use on his promo photos)

LM831741m.thumb.jpg.5f35342f8a5cdd47edf45a5825bb5fb3.jpg

3.0 Ali Raptor Repro

Nowadays there is also a Raptor replica on Ali Express, for € 17.95 (and less during promos) and for that you also get a fully functioning multi-tool. Which I will review and demonstrate 

Naamloos.thumb.jpg.8cea0632290c145cdacb504edb4de543.jpg

163985940_raptorfold-kopie.thumb.jpg.4e9d67974b698d6f48706071d4f56235.jpg

3.1 Opening and closing

The handles of the Shears are collapsible, this is done by pressing the central triangular buttons

IMG_20210409_153129.jpg

3.2 Pouch

This Ali Express Repro does not come with a hard case -like the original Leatherman- but with a kind of elastic lamp pouch in which the Raptor can be carried in open, or closed position. At the back is a rotational belt clip (not Molle).

raptor pouch - kopie.png

pouchclip.png

When closed, the Raptor can also be worn with the integrated belt clip.

IMG_20210409_153123.jpg

3.3 Shears

Once opened, the Raptor is first of all an (heavy duty) scissors, that can cut Paper, Bandages, (thick) Fabrics, and thin metal sheet. A small ruler is also engraved on top of the Shears.

IMG_20210409_153054.jpg

3.4 Ring Cutter

At the bottom of the Shears a so-called Ring Cutter, a tool with which can safely cut jewelry when it cannot be removed in the normal way.

IMG_20210409_153942.jpg

3.5 Strap Cutter

When the Raptor is closed, the Strap Cutter can be folded out, its a hook-shaped knife to cut (safety) belts, and straps.

3.6 Oxy Tank Wrench

The Oxy Tank Wrench is integrated in the same Strap Cutter, which I cannot demonstrate to you due to lack of 🙂

IMG_20210409_153221.jpg

3.7 Glass Breaker

At the back of the lower large handle is a carbide pin integrated, for smashing (car) windows, I have not tested this effectively for safety reasons, I do have tested whether the glass breaker is actually made of carbide, by trying to scratch glass with it, and it does 😊

IMG_20210409_154049.jpg

3.8 Lanyard

The same handle also has an eyelet for attaching a lanyard, especially in the case of the (expensive) genuine Leatherman, a handy feature to prevent loss. This Ali Replica comes with a short sling btw.

IMG_20210411_094231.jpg

4.0 Conclusion

This Raptor replica is quite a nice gadget, and offers you the opportunity to experience the real Leatherman Raptor design without spending too much money, this Replica is very accurately replicated except for some details such as the Leatherman markings, and security (Torx ) screws. all the functions really work,

Of course this Ali Repro will not be as durable as the real Leatherman, after my first test session the central screw had to be tightened again for example.

For frequent professional use, I would not recommend it, however for occasional use its definitly a nice, useful tacticool) item!

Check out my full Ali Express Raptor Photo Gallery here

Check out my Leatherman Raptor VS Ali Express Raptor Photo Gallery here

Watch my Demo Video here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1