Airsoft Gun Drawings

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIELDSTRIPPABLE.png

Oh, and did I mention they can all be field-stripped? :P

This is where the awesome train comes to it's final stop for the day. I've got more drawings in the making, but I'll certainly share them when I'm tone.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Edited by TheKurodaVagrant

@ TheKurodaVagrant:

Tell me, do you draw those from reference? Or by tracing them or what?

I could produce images like that (I have, but not airsoft related) but damn they must take days to do to that level of detail.

Also, what program do you use?

Edited by Thorbard

EvilMonkey- Not too shabby. Lord knows it's hard to get the curve right on an AK mag at any angle. I also like the screws on the bottom of the receiver. :D

Thorbard- Yes, I trace the guns from the most straight-on photos I can find, which are often pretty poor quality. I use reference photos for small details that the main photograph doesn't provide. All weapons in the original .fla file are based on the same scale for ease of accessory interchangeability. I use Macromedia Flash MX for drawing.

Normally, they take me 8-10 hours of hand-cramping concentration to get the base model down, but since I spread the work out in my freetime, it ends up taking me days to do one gun. Modified ones are easier to do, though, since I have the basis down.

Dude those drawings are effing Amazing

hands down AWESOME

Not only the best pictures but probably the best post I've seen in a long time.  I guess posts.  Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that my series of posts was enjoyable and apparently didn't come off as show-offy. ^_^

After looking at Kuroda's field stripped HK416, I'm wondering something.

The charging handle goes in front of the bolt carrier, so when you pull the handle, it pulls the bolt carrier and thus the bolt. But if the charging handle is attached to the front of the bolt carrier, how does the piston not hit it, and thus make the charging handle reciprocate when fired?

There's a hole in the front of the charging handle that's large enough for the piston to go through and hit the "key" of the bolt carrier. Or at least that's the best I could figure out from photos and assuming H&K used a similar charging handle to the standard M16s. It wouldn't make a lot of sense otherwise.

• 1 month later...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21879844/ - pair of USP Tacticals. Take note of watch and the pistol's serial number: watch points to the hour and serial number to the date of image's creation.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21738641/ - pair of Ingram M11s, redrawn from the one I owned at the time.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59511405/ - G36C with K foregrip, drawn for the WMASG 6th anniversary logo contest.