Latest promo video shows it, reddit already in arms, figured it needs to be posted everywhere.  Interesting mag design (though I imagine RC could "improve" it somehow).  So far it seems like it is semi only, which I guess makes sense for their design philosophy.  Too bad it is going to be above my credit limit/not really usable where I live.

• Like 3

Few things of note, some of which may not be obvious without translation.

• The gas magazine is basically a small lowcap/midcap bolted to the front of a gas reservoir. The magazine internals are easily pulled from the mag shell to warm them up as needed or check temperature, which is shown via temperature-sensitive stickers. This separated mag design should make it relatively easy to DIY a drum if that's your thing.
  • Each mag holds 54 BBs. It's a tri-shot, so that's 18 shots.
  • It has a fixed hop-up and vertical hop pattern (not like the AA-12/SGR-12 where the outer two barrels hop at 45 degrees). This seems to imply three barrels, not one barrel like the older Maruzen tri-shot Defender.
  • Body is die-cast zinc alloy. Dust cover is steel.

Given that the TM AKM is going for $450 USD on HK sites, I expect this to be quite expensive. I'm getting one anyways come hell or high water.

• Like 3
On 7/11/2021 at 7:04 AM, ardrummer292 said:

One step closer to a GBB Benelli M1014. My body is ready, my wallet is not.

It will be a serious missed opportunity if Marui doesn't combine this gas engine with the feed system of the shell-fed shotguns to produce something like that.

A GBB SPAS-12 or M1014 would be a hot item for sure.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 2:48 PM, CatgutViolin said:

It will be a serious missed opportunity if Marui doesn't combine this gas engine with the feed system of the shell-fed shotguns to produce something like that.

A GBB SPAS-12 or M1014 would be a hot item for sure.

My thoughts exactly. The delineation in the Saiga magazine between bb feed and gas supply gives me hope that this is TM's intent.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...