V3 gearbox mystery.

jonny2400

Hi guys, digging threw my old airsoft gear and I had an issue.

My one remaining MP5K, which uses a the V3 gearbox, with a mini cage, can’t recall the make, was maybe CYMA or Jing Gong.

Now It worked perfectly last time it was fired about 11 years ago, when it was put back in its box and now 11 years later it doesn’t lol.

Motor turns, I could hear gears spinning and the nozzle was moving back and forward, but it did not fire, piston isn’t moving.

So straight away,  I assumed “stripped piston” so opened gear box to check, no wear on the piston, all teeth look good.

Must be the gears, again no wear on the any of the teeth..  

In fact everything inside the gear box looks like new, it was hardly ever used, only single Mod I did was swap to a TM EG1000 motor, which I just done to every China gun I purchased on delivery, along with popping systema Motors in the better makes, ie KWA, TM, G&P etc.

Anyone have any ideas, what it could have been ?

Its simply curiosity at this point, as it can’t be repaired, as a few of the bushings came out when I removed the gears to check them and when I tapped them back in, the whole gear box just shattered into pieces, seems 13 plus years old pot metal is like glass lol.

I know, I could maybe be lucky and find a new gearbox somewhere, but the money it would cost to repair, I would be much better spending adding a better tightbore etc to one of my other working high end primary AEGs that I would actually use at a game.

I have V3 problems too:

Full auto: all OK

Semi: no semi, random 2-5 round bursts...

As I know it would jam in semi if cut off shabby but this??? Cut off moves, spring OK, what the hell??? Gearbox does this outside the gun...

Thanx!

On 7/31/2021 at 10:41 PM, Murdoc said:

I have V3 problems...

I think I solved it (have to test it):

Soo... full auto:

KPUYCSl.jpg

Semi:

9ZP7cn9.jpg

But also full auto, if overswitched:

bV570V8.jpg

It's a custom RPK, soo tight place, I think I will make a bigger place there, soo this cannot happen.

AK selectors, with their several gears, are notorious for being tricky when there's some slack in them.

In the case of that spring, you could try with a stronger one to try to keep the cut off lever in place even when the rest of the selector assembly wants to go past the semi point.

Archived