KJW G23 slide and barrel

I think I know the answer, but I thought I'd check with experts! I want to upgrade the slide and barrel on my KJW G23 from plastic to metal. I've sourced a suitable barrel but finding a slide that doesn't cost more than a full G19 seems to be a challenge. I have considered running the metal barrel with the existing slide, but am I right that the barrel will wear out the slide?

A properly fitted metal outer barrel will not damage or wear the slide any more than a plastic one.

For as long as I remember all the metal slides, or any metal external downgrade part will cost a lot of money, generally speaking they are short production runs using more expensive manufacturing techniques (machining instead of injection moulding)
 You might get lucky and find one second hand for a reasonable price, otherwise it's a limited market unfortunately.