Oh, no!! Another newbie!

Brian Stoner

Greetings.  I'm an American, (Pittsburgher) and have been living in Thailand for over 20 years,  teaching Science, English and Health in international schools in Bangkok, then Khon Kaen, then Bangkok again. Now I'm semi-retired, and living in Khon Kaen. I started shooting REAL firearms as a kid in the Boy Scouts, then in the Army, (where I was lucky enough to qualify as 'Expert') and then did a lot of collecting and shooting when I lived, for a few years, in Phoenix.  I was almost finished with my AZ State Firearms Safety Instructor's license classes when I decided to move over here, right after 9/11. 

I currently have a Snow Wolf M24, that I use strictly for target shooting (and the occasional rat near my garbage cans). I would, of course, prefer a real pellet rifle, but due to govt. regs. and paperwork, and COST, they are incredibly difficult to get here. I have a Hatsan 125 that is currently hung-up in Bangkok Customs (since JUNE!!) which I am paying on but will never see, and am working on getting it returned to Krale's so that I can get a refund on my credit card.  Rifles which cost (e.g.) $200 (6000 baht)  at home, cost 20k - 24k baht "under the table" here, assuming one can find someone who will actually SELL the rifle and not just scam you and take your money. (LOTS of that here).

I have NO interest in airsoft games, especially here, (for multiple reasons).  So first, if being interested ONLY in target shooting with an airsoft rifle is unwelcome here, I understand, but please let me know so I may cancel my membership and not waste any of the members' time with rifle, equipment, modifications, ammo or other questions. Thank you. 

BTW, this looks like a nice, well-organized site. 

Cheers!! 

• 3 months later...

Archived