so I went with a few friends... I was VERY dissapointed with the selection... VERY dissapointed... I was so wanting to buy a decent sidearm, and they really didn't have anything at all in stock... just about all the GUNS I did want were either customers or their own personal weapons... :( what I didn't understand is why have them on diplay to get my hopes up???:( if anything have them in a separate section with display only on them or something... that's VERY misleading...I have to admit the two guys I talked to were VERY COOL... they answered a TON of my questions, let me hold display guns, and even invited me to play at the field they were playing at on Sunday... offered to order me anything I needed, but unfortunatley I can do that myself... I have dreamed of finding a store in Houston, and I was so excited to go there, hoping to spend some cash, but ended up buying a few bags of airsoft elite bbs, which were priced very competitively... overall I am happy I went out there, but I hope they will have a LOT MORE things I want next time... I would of maybe evenm plunged for a TM P-90 TR, (if they actually had one in stock) I even had one of my friend's about to buy a TM MP5a4 on special, and at the last minute realized they were selling a floor model, which was quite best up for the price I can get a BRAND NEW one from Precision... :wide-eyed:

overall store layout was sweet, but with no real items or accessories for sale, that must hurt them quite a bit... what also confuses me is how is almost everything in stock on their website but not in store even though it says so...:( IMHO they really need to get on the ball in order to stay open... I am still trying to persuade myself the benefits of actually buying ALL my airsoft needs from them and not online like I have been with tremendous success... well enough for this review, I don't want to bash them at all, as I said those guys sure were helpful, just the dismal stock selection really has left a bad taste in my mouth...

Edited by sillyrabbit

It bothers me a little bit how in alot of their airsoft ebay auctions they're standing outside in front of their store brandishing their AEG's.

Thats just pure stupidity as far as im concerned. I dont know the layout of their shop, for all i know they could be doing this in a back alley but jeeze, as retailers these people should know that AEG's should be treated like real weapons.

wow... 31 views and 2 replies... strange... good ones mind you but strange... anyone else care to contribute???

I can't imagine why the majority of people in a UK-based forum would show so little interest in a review of a Texas shop.

Oh, wait. I can.

• 3 months later...

I actually had a fine experience when I visited their store twice. On both occasions they allowed me to hold and test fire weapons: the m249, m15CQB, g36c, g36k, and some gbbs. First time i ventured out to their location I came back with a KWA M9, which is running quite well on propane. Second time, I came back with: CA G36C, extra hicap, vertical grip, propane adaptor, battery, and a charger. All in all, its nice to have a walk in store here in houston, too bad Jugletoy is going to ruin it for Sugarland. :X

• 2 weeks later...

I also had a decent trip to the Kapowwe store. Yes the display was far from large, but these guys will pricematch for you. I got a quote from DenTrinityShop.com and they matched the price, and gave me a better magazine. Also, they give a warranty on what they sell (as long as they aren't the gargage spring guns). I don't remember how long the warranty is, but its rather reassuring when you consider the risks taken with some CA's. From south Houston, it's a trip well worth, even if you are going there to simply shoot the breeze. And to support their brandishing of the guns outside, Tomball is a rather redneck community, to begin with, but these guys treat the firing and handling of the guns as they were real.

Also, I don't know why airsoft doesn't pick up here, we love our guns and the death penalty. But I bet it'll pick up, this is still gaining interest in the States.

If W (the president) were to make replica firearms illegal, I'd punch him in the face. But he loves guns too, so that won't happen.

Aslo, if anyone is in Waco and surrounding areas and would like to start up a group for fun on the weekends, leave me a message. I'm not a hardcore SOB about rules and gear, but I do enjoy going out with a decent group and playing around. But I'm up for anything.

Edited by coreyheidt

I live in Conroe an dhave not had a chance to get up there. But, I did stop at Jungletoy for some green gas and I can only recommend them for pistols and gas. If youy want high quality from a local retailer check out Ramrodairsoft.com. Also, houstonairsoft.com is a large local team.