wanna try makin a minigun

Meathead316

I'm still saying 3 version 6 gearboxes, with a hop unit on each and a central hopper that feeds down into the 3rd Position.

Position 1 Firing

Position 2 Empty

Position 3 Loading

Basically it would be a switched system, you pull the trigger the assembly spins. When a barrel assembly A is at the top a switch on it is depressed firing it, then it gets moved to positon two, barrel assembly fires B it moves to position two and A moves to P3 where a bb from the hopper slides into the hop-up, C fires and moves A to P1 again and B gets loaded while C Idles.

Does that make sense?

Almost seems do able.

Parts needed:

3x Version 6 Gear Boxes w hop up and barrel

1x Large powerful Motor

1x Hopper

1x Main Housing

1x Barrel Shroud

3x 9.6V Batteries

1x 12v Battery

Lots of free time.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope you make this, if you get it done sucessfully, post pictures!

i will make it, i have figured out if i make one using a min aeg it will cost a total of about £80. wen its done i will post pics etc.

Even if i could use a real aeg, i would have to come up with some way of loading it as the gun would be inside the mini gun body.

Why not scrap AEG and go with gas? it seems alot simpler to me also you'd get 6barrels actually working, with that ROF accuracy wouldn't be esstenial so you could maybe make do with some cheap piping for the barrel, jsut take some bb's when you choose it a. see if they fit in, b. check they haven't got too much room in the barrel

have a knob or something at the rear of the barrel, as it comes inline with the centre of rotation and gas nozzle the knob activates the gas release button (on a pistol mag that metal circle at the back) firing the BB as the barrel turns past it it disengages it.

With a fast enough motor you could get a decent fire rate with it, the barrels and fire mech will always be in time because the fire mech is controled by the barrels

Just a thought

Cheers

Mig

im going with the gas option but still going with a central barrel, to me it jus seems like the easiest option, and as ill be using a mac11 it'll be fairly easy to reload. i dont have a problem with the mag sticking out as im not going for all out realism. if i do it right its gunna cost me about £150 to make at the most.

i was thinking of a mac11, ive looked at all aeg's and they are all just too big. only problem with using a gas gun it how will u fire it? u cant just get into the electrics and bypass the trigger like u can an aeg/mini aeg. im gonna get a mini aeg first, see what i can do with it, if i aint happy i'll try summat else.

The 'trigger' for the gas would be the notch on the rear of barrel depressing the gas button. and the barrels would move by a simple electonic circuit with a big motor, but if your going with a singlebarrel then a gas system probably isn't for you.

but with the single central barrel and a mini aeg the ROF is going to be very low (i'd estimate maybe 500 tops?), with the low fire rate and high weight if someone gets the drop on you your as good as hit before you start

Gas systems aren't very bulky really if you consider paintball guns they need more gas per a shot (around 10x as much I believe) and they have enough to keep blatting happily all day. ammo wouldn't be much of a problem you could either go with the hopper idea or theres an article on making c mags in the articles section

Cheers

Mig

i was thinking about how ###### a mini is, but im basing my design on the m134 mini gun (the one used in T2 and predator) it has a fairly small body and i mini aeg is pretty much all i can fit in there.

how hard do ya reckon it would be to make ur own aeg? like get a motor, some gears, some piping etc fpor the berrel and throw it all together.

Im gonna try the mini idea, u can get em for £6, so i will get two (so i have a spare if i kill one) i will make the main parts of the gun first, then my minis shoudl arrive through the post.

shuid have pics up about this time next week, hoping to have the main body of the gun done with the barrels spinning by friday.

nah, i udnno nothin about gas and compression. i think i'll stick to me original plans. and that gun sound slike it could be very very powerful, but having abig can of gas coming off takes away some of the realism... unless ur makin an airsoft flame thrower :D

I would stay away from every way of building my own minigun as if it screwed up in a skirmish or infront of friends you would look like an idiot cuse you spent time making something pointless

Umm did anyone ask you for your opinion? No i dont think they did. The reason we want to make these things is because its something different to do than mounting a flashlight to an mp5 for example. (not dissing mp5's) so please think before you post. <_<

meh they can laugh, but who'll be laughing when it all goes just dandy and the thing works, a big fruitcage sized mini gun with barrels spinning shooting out BBs like theres no 2morro, yeh it may be a minigun that will fire at only 180-200 fps, but its better than no minigun that fires at 0fps eh :D

and besides, i like making things, aint done anything like this since i was about 16 and was using cardboard and sticky tape :P but now i can afford real materials and power tools :D

meh they can laugh, but who'll be laughing when it all goes just dandy and the thing works, a big fruitcage sized mini gun with barrels spinning shooting out BBs like theres no 2morro, yeh it may be a minigun that will fire at only 180-200 fps, but its better than no minigun that fires at 0fps eh :D

and besides, i like making things, aint done anything like this since i was about 16 and was using cardboard and sticky tape :P but now i can afford real materials and power tools :D

too true, gotta love power tools. :D

hello there, update time. right i have the barrels made, although i have split one of the three ring thingies that hold the barrels in place so i gotta make another one of them. the barrels are pretty heavy and i seriously doubt my £20 8v cordless drill will have enough power to spin em, so we'll have to wait and see.

The two mini's i bought have been stripped down and i can only just fit both of them inside the body of the gun, so it will have double the rof now, which will make up for the lack of power. The power has been increased by adding a 5mm spacer behind the main spring, may try a bigger one tho as they are running on 9v and only cost £6 :D

The rest of the guns body work is coming along nicely now, although i couldnt cut a pice of pipe straight if my life depended on it!

Another problem ive had is the cut the holes for the barrels etc ive bought a hole saw (wonderful invention) easier than a coping saw and file thats for sure! problem is my cheap drill keesp running out of charger, and the bigger hole saw i bought dont fit into my bloody drill!!! >:(

I think im gonna invest in a corded drill pr maybe a bench drill to do all the work.

Ive also gone way over my £80 bidget already, im at about £105 now and still a lot to do. oh well, its only money right :D

will hopefully have some pics of the barrels up thursday.

Archived