wanna try makin a minigun

Meathead316

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PICS!!! looks pretty good so far i think, has a nice hefty weight to it to :D the attached pic has the barrels from different views and one of the minis cut down. the barrels are not 100% yet, still need a bit of filing and thern painting.

post-919-1121445321_thumb.jpg

tell me what you think

Copper barrels would be better as paint adheres to it far better - most other paints will chip just from being looked at.

I admire the idea of using mini electric guns but in all honesty you would be better to use a P90 or Famas gearbox. They are one piece inc motor & those mini AEGs ARE going to burn out & probably right as you complete the project.

It is very VERY easy to slap one of those gearboxes into anything including a pasty & turn it into a working AEG.

Plus I used to have a ToyTec Vulcan & they suck (well mine did anyway....).

Armourpiercing.

hhhmmm, i see what you are saying abouyt the mini's, even with the spacer the bbs start to dip after about 40ft! and there is a slight feed problem.

Only probl;em with the famas is its size, it is huge. the body of the minigun where the aeg has to be is 12 inches, thats it. i can reloactae the aeg battery easy enough, but do you think 12 inches is enough space for all the workin parts of the famas? (i aint that bothered about the mag poking out of the bottom.

i really need to know more abvout the famas, looked at a few technical drawings and it looks good to me, and for £160 it aint too pricey.

right update again, the minigun body is now taking shape, i have one side almost done. gonna make the handel on friday and when i have i will take another pic.

have decided to make it with the minis for now, and then save up for a famas and then take the minis out and use that instead.

all in all its goin really well, besides cuttin my fingers numerous times on the saw, and my brother keep snappin saw blades.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally update time. have done almost the whole top part of the gun, need to add the joystick and alter a few things. i think its coming along nicely, and its mean lookin just hopw a minigun shud look :)

tell me what ya think

post-919-1123265059_thumb.jpg

(sorry for poor pics, better than nothin tho)

• 2 weeks later...

right, i have now completed both of the side parts of the gun, all thats left now is to add the little bits and bobs onto the main body as well as other little details and the carry handle, also the mech to make it spin then paint it! will have to wait to get it shooting as i havnt come across a second hand famas yet :( so far it looks like a beast! will have pics 2morro. :D

More pics. the last two are of my bro Craig holding the gun just so u can see how big it is. its feels great in your hands and i cant wait until its finished. there are a few things that need to be altered, like securing the handel and finishing the main body of the gun. then it will be painting time! Gotta get it spinning first tho, thats 2morros job :D any ways, here are the pics, comments plz

post-919-1125009522_thumb.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! right heres what happened, had the minigun set up to spin with the drill all mounted etc. then i got it spinning, and it looked sooo cool! then the barrels started to wobble then all six of them just flew off! (baring in mind that are 15 inches long and made of steel) almost took my head off! turns out that there was too much friction and the axel melted and snapped off and the barrels just flew apart. so, looks liek me and craig have to remake the barrels, and im thinking plastic with a metal axel :D

• 9 months later...

Hello!!!

Well its been almost a year since i started this project and had to put it on hold due to moving and my car blowing up etc etc. any ways, these last few weeks I have picked up where i left off, and if you have been reading from the beginning, that was just after my plastic axel melted and my metal barrels flew off and nearly killed me (well sorta :P)

so, i have remade the barrels with lighter plastic ones, ive added some cosmetic ###### and most importantly i have made all of the internal motor crapo to make this bad boy spin! but it dont spin... yet, just waiting til 2morro to get a thicker pipe from bandq to connect the end of the motor (which is a tad wider than i thought) to the barrels.

how do i post a vid? i will wnat to once they spin!!!

as for it firing thats a long way off yet. ive got it all planned out but i cant really do any proper work until i have the gearbox and stuff (any one have a spare p90/famas gearbox they dont want?)

there isnt enough room in the main body for the gar box, and ive had to mount the motor in the middle so it wouldnt work anyway. so my plan is to have it fire not from the barrels, but from the left hand side from within that big cylindrical thing, its cheating i know but my skills are pretty limited and im happy i have got this far.

if it all goes tits up and never fire a single bb it wont be all bad, it will be an awesome display piece... when its painted that is!

i have a few bits and bobs to do to it, neaten it up, add a few more little cosmetic details, wire it up then paint it.

any way enough talk more pictures! let me know what you think!!!

post-919-1149222921_thumb.jpg

i had this idea. i think it would be cheaper then a gear box but the vortex block looks hard to make. i am not sure though if the design would work though. what do you guys think? is it worth following? please excuse the horrible drawing.

post-5339-1149229021_thumb.jpg

Archived