wanna try makin a minigun

Meathead316

@ Mr Sane: The idea of only using one barrel to fire with sounds good at first. But then you get wild inaccuracy as having a fast bb with a moving barrel will throw it in the same direction as the barrel spin (Sorry for the rubbish explanation, but I'm not good with words).

On top of that, by only having one barrel, you cannot make up for it with high ROF. I'll just be a cool looking, inaccurate AEG.

Unless I've go the wrong end of the bush? Some bits of your writing I couldn't read <_<

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

help! it wont spin now :( i ahve the motor hooked up and everything but it wont spin. wen the barrels arent connected the motor spins fine, but when i attach the barrels all i get is a couple of sparks and the smell of burning whjere i connect the wires. do you think my motor isnt strong enough, or maybe i need to loosen the axel thingy or maybe grease it up.

• 2 weeks later...

thanx dannyboy, i'll do that.

the body is made from plasic guttering pipe i got from b&q. its proper strong stuff and has a "fat end" which a minigun has so it worked perfectly.

im preparing it for painting at the moment. probs gonna need to get more paint tho as i dont think one 500ml can will be enough.

i cant wait to get it finished, and all of the positive feedback i have been receiving from you guys has been helping em along the way, so thank you all!

also it wasnt all done on my own, some of the credit must go to my borther who i got to do any tedious work, like cutting out about 10 circles from mdf with a coping saw for a few hours straight only for me to tell him they aint round enough while handing him a file. he has also made this project fun for me, we have been having a great laugh making this.

You could go into producing these and selling them if it works. For an automatic like this it would be nice if it was a full AEG.

sounds like a plan to me! i will finish this one first and then when it is 100% done. use the same method (minus the trial and error parts :P) to make another one exactly the same and see how long it takes. then see how much people would be willing to pay for it! even if it diodnt fire, im sure there would be some people who would want it just for display purposes.

i will not post any more pictures/videos now until it is fully painted, which should be in a week or so. but i will still be here answering any questions you may have etc.

thanx again!

Archived