Commonly seen with US SOF last decade and nowadays; the Ops Core FAST

Naamloos.png (2.29MiB)

fast ref..png (1.13MiB)

1.0 US Combat Helmet Evolution

About how the Ops Core FAST was developed, and its place in the Combat Helmet Evolution is a lot to tell about, and I thought it would be interesting to share.

For the general overview I poured that into the diagram below

Helmet Evolution 2.1.png (5.2MiB)

1.1 PASGT Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops

In the mid-seventies the US DoD infantry equipment, was mostly outdated and still from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam!

with the PASGT program they wanted to update it.   

1.1.2 Kevlar
Game changer for the military industry in the 60's, the invention of the Aramid Fiber by DuPont better known under the brand name Kevlar, which made it possible to develop the first lightweight helmet.

1.1.3 FRITZ 
was the nickname,of the PASGT Helmet, after its resemblance to the German Stahlhelm from WWII .
It was introduced around 1983 , and it was the first lightweight helmet made entirely from Aramid 
fiber aka Kevlar, hence the 2e nickname  "K -Pot” (Kevlar).

hCfTdtR0jalslJ1AErpngdVZd7xWIb0QX8EBsRkSr5BWXGTzu4fSfn4XwTXetHi4TyCRLeVYL1tGaCOH087v72x8_NOVSHug9qzqypWe73CrIJNmlW_cgYHXCIl_dIXPw7Q_XKxZ

1.2 The Battle Of Mogadishu
In the 90s SOF operators started to make more use of plastic sports helmets because they were lighter than the PASGT,  NOD's, and headsets could be more easily mounted , these Plastic helmets offered no ballistic protection, a sobering confrontation with this was the “Battle Of Mogadishu”, where one of the legendary DELTA operators SFC Shughart or MSGT Gordon wss was killed by a headshot. This led to the development of a new generation of SOF Combat helmets

MQJ3xvlgUD_xtAvjNV2Aj7_ahpUkOqq8ePGISAnObVuyfzrPzhRrWfVW0a-4w5337zErGJTztSVbujzRnFeZ_PzSCK7m6tpGwOMASAGD8kY30DxOE7YKQFjhf-Ak5pjatO193jr8

1.3 RBR MACH I, II, III
Was a lightweight version based on the MICH design in the late  90s, reportedly the RBR did not meet the ballistic requirements and was therefore quickly abolishedagain.

1.4 IBH (Ballistic Integrated Helmet)
Was an Iconic model only made between 1995 and 1996 by ILC Dover,  only 741 units were made for USSOCOM and the FBI.
ILC Dover is  best known for making space suits for NASA!
The IBH was an extremely light and compact design for CQB, it's not clear to me why the IBH is not longer used?  

1.5 MICH Modular Integrated Communications Helmet 
Most  known model from that time period is most likely the MICH witch was also widely adopted, it was a fully ballistic helmet, made from Kevlar, and fitted with integrated rails for mounting accessories, and in the front a shroud for NODs, the so-called VAS Shroud (Visual Augmentation System). It was made in 3 versions

DIuxDiAlOaTnjlFB4roThGbfX7JQuNfi_kBcAo_boh1SvK9Bvc2Here_bN6qO4SQxQThJTtxvjOvXDCX0iJQGKq7veM2fUh2xIcdAlwIPUFm8HuVEehNXQeWoK3hwBvMsp1lffcO

The MICH program also lead to improvements for the helmets of the regular units such as:

1.6 LWH Light Weight Helmet 
Made from Kevlar, and uses the improved liner and chinstraps of the MICH 
I was the successorof the PASGT /Fritz for the USMC in 2003 .

1.7 ACH Advanced Combat Helmet
Is made of Kevlar, and almost identical to the MICH TC-2000, most striking feature compared to the PASGT is the disappearance of the "Brow" which increases the upward field of view, it will be  the successor of the PASGT in 2003  for the US Army

1.8 UHMWPE (Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene) 
UHMWPE Was the next game changer in the military industry, also known as Dyneema or Spectra
A kind of Super-Plastic in normal language, the weight/strength ratio is about 40% higher than Kevlar, and about 8x higher compared to steel! 

1.8.1 ManTech 
UHMWPE was introduced to the US DoD in 2007 by ManTech, a department of the US Navy that conducts research into new materials and production methods, as the name suggests, the development of the ECH and FAST helmets is made possible  by ManTech.    

1.9 ECH Enhanced Combat Helmet
Is almost identical in shape to the ACH, but is made from UHMWPE instead of Kevlar, which improves the ballistic properties by 35% compared to the ACH, from 2012 all 
helmets of US Army, Navy, Air Force, and USMC would be replaced.with it

1.10 IHPS Integrated Head Protection System
The newest successor of the ECH in 2019, the development started from 2013, it is about 5% lighter than the previous helmets, and expandable with Visors and Mandibles. 

jMQKywiAAoIYlCTM6lFwOQrc3AyTMEjrMgPb-oTfwBhpaqDrg7UNUO512d4KqY1kpTi6_NieBXoiLjrWOE0XomVy0fOjIza4xcsNBaBV0srWIw1InoNJ3lURcal93fZHUM2DAzoN

2.0  FAST Future Assault Shell Technology

2.1 OFW/FFW
The FAST helmet originated from the OFW (Objective Force Warrior) later FFW (Future Force Warrior) program once started with SIPE (Soldier Integrated Protective Ensemble)  early 90's, which had to develop new lightweight, integrated systems for armor, weapons, helmets, communications, electronics, and sensors. 

2.2 Crye Associates & Artisent
Artisent teamed up with Crye Associates, together they would become very influential in the SOF community because they talk to themselves, to hear what the needs were. Crye Associates, however, became the face of FFW, with their revolutionary designs made tangible through physical prototypes, and later becoming known as Crye Precision.  
The 1st OFW assignment For Artistent, and Crye Associates was to design a revolutionary helmet with integrated Com's, camera, eye, and NBC protection, the project would be stopped by 9/11, and later lead to the Crye Airframe helmet.

_T33MFmLVyMfQvRJdNRoByDViouufoplhQVg5uDpmwMTb3ae7OQIC81MA1SvO2IOh4_GI1UFTXU5OSdy45IF33vLTND56TdnTuOcxHJQn3uCHedin82FS8bAEG57JeB_UuuD-Wv6

2.2.1 Airframe Helmet
Special about the Airframe, is that it is composed of 2 separate Ballistic shells, creating an air gap that cools the head better, the Airframe was in 2010 shown to the public at the Shot Show, and was released from 2011
Check out the review of the Airframe Military Morons 

The Airframe was partially commissioned by US SOF, but reportedly did not meet USSOCOM requirements, and as  result, not been further introduced.

J-mckz-VxSNo_hA2khqBzOhdGZUcTlaV-9BUCC3E8wHqEZRELWbdriPU6L9ArNPhiccG05iACkl3KdeD4TSAEpmLxJBOVSnzfviSpph6pIxVDwD7LJUUm2hLydFMyxa0livn_rH6

2.3 Ops Core & Gentex
Artistent was initially a manufacturer of high-end sports helmets and would later be known as Ops-Core, in 2012 being taken over by Gentex, a well known helmet manufacturer that has been active for many years. for the US DoD.

2.4 FAST (Future Assault Shell Technology)
The name FAST was chosen by Ops Core in 2005, in 2008 the 1st prototype was shown at Shot Show and from 2009 the FAST was introduced to SOF in Afghanistan.

The development of the Airframe paralleled that of the FAST for a while, until Artistent became Ops Core 
and the FAST took the lead, and was finally introduced in 2009.

The Shell of the FAST is, as it were, a further evolution of the MICH TC-2001, which in turn had the “Legacy” PASGT as its starting model. Ops Core is partnering with Ceradyne for making the Ballistic helmet shell. Ceradyne is a US manufacturer of Ballistic armor, and known for the SAPI, and ESAPI plates 
Unlike the Kevlar of the MICH, the FAST is made of the stronger UHMWPE.  
At the front of the FAST Shell the so-called  VAS Shroud (Visual Augmentation System),of the MICH   
Finally, on the sides, the ARC rails (Accessory Rail Connector) just like on the MICH

r_eYTXxCnSv3cOgmPiiNYc26OiK-I1NUY7d3RcIETQdzRB8zq6sNMdU-uDVT7npC8utgMVMGCP36hLH2UzojNHTTHjJ0O_jBIVLs45-w6cWpeSFSnZJ8_iKi158NMIcMDnbgZSnH

2.4.1 Wilcox
Maker of high-end machined parts,is the actual pioneer of the NVG shroud, in the 90s it was believed that drilling holes in the helmet shell would significantly weaken the Ballistic properties, Wilcox invented the so 3-Hole Pattern maintaining ballistic integrity, with its G01 Mount.

2.5 Head-Loc™ H-Nape Retention System
A known problem with helmets and use of NVGs was that they could tip back and forth due to the weight.devised  Ops Core developed the Head-Lock H-Nape Retention System, whereby the helmet is fixed on a number of contact points on the head, by means of strategically placed straps.
H-Nape refers to the H-shape that is formed with the straps, at the back of the neck.

Ops Core further speaks of a Right Eye, or Left Eye Dominant Chin Strap, where the closure itself is placed on the opposite side of the dominant eye respectively so as not to interfere with shouldering and aiming the rifle.

A further evolution of this system, and applied to the FAST, is the OCC dial which make the Head-Lock can be made even better, by means of the adjustable “H-Nape”
uqB45tV4mdK92CamEkzErG_mj2ymJne_IOulnd1Du2GiI7hukkLrHJDdXDuSdYMhZfJCOYf3AAKTAkqmBFgqgRiBzaFM3IB08fRcyOTkMOLRLhRPR6JiQEidNSi_E51nGQZcySFg

2.6 FAST models 

BALLISTIC (resistant to 9mm impact and/or fragmentation)

• FAST SENTRY is very similar to the MICH TC-2000 rarely seen in military (SOF) use.
  • FAST XP or the High Cut, offers protection against 9mm, and has cutouts for headsets.  
  • FAST MT Maritime(XP)lighter version of the high cut, 16mm higher offers only frag protection.

NON-BALLISTIC (does not offer Ballistic protection, only against impact trauma)
  • FAST CARBON Lightweight version made of carbon fiber reinforced Plastic 
  • FAST BUMP Budget-friendly version of the FAST CARBON manufactured out of Plastic only. 
LE Series (Law Enforcement) offers the same ballistic protection but is made of cheaper, heavier material, especially for LE agencies who often have to make do with less budgets, and for which the duration of helmet wear is usually much shorter.

h9uXFXx6t3oUzMCykLitDXX5GEO8fcyiBEaVTURwxlYURLTO0hGzUO7_1NNwenff6C6OUUlQ6rG1QF4EPKXpE3t2dNlXUUg-jNkUGtmRLcm0tnOKyA3Bt2yqnASlq8qs4RWoFORX

2.7 FAST MT (Maritime)
was a lighter version of the initial FAST XP, whereas the XP offered up to 9mm ballistic protection, the MT was “only” frag resistant, the MT also had 16mm higher side cutouts to make wearing COMM headsets easier. The MT became extremely popular, and from 2013 standard USSOCOM issue. on photos we mainly see the MT in use, only in situations where maximum protection is required, the XP is still used. 

4O2S-QDeDVtkH2inGGdQhr6ZjvJmYDZgmnaTcbkiHuVVP7ziNPFWvn1tPn0N33KVDy4rhIM_HupWgv1MAwsTKYgsTRRGLxh_XkqT7DjHuOAKktP8YdwP4WJVmBsxMDlT1-WgBzJs

2.8 Ops Core LBH 
A less well-known variant is the FAST LBH (Lightweight Ballistic Helmet) which has a High Cut Shell, light Tan ARC rails, a Worm-Dial, and the characteristic Swiss Chees Velcro loops  the LBH has only been tested by NSW personnel around 2012 -2013    

2.9 Team Wendy EXFIL
From 2014 we also see the emergence of the Team Wendy EXFIL , which has a sad origin story, Team Wendy was founded as a tribute to Wendy the daughter of founder Dan.T.Moore who died in a Snowboard accident. Team Wendy makes Pads for the ACH, Ops Core and Gentex, The Exfill occasionally pops up, but has never won DoD contracts

Naamloos.png (893.91KiB)

3.0 USSOCOM SPEAR FTHS  

The next major evolution of the Ops Core FAST was its participation in the FTHS program, in 2017

• SPEAR (Special Operations Forces Personal Equipment Advanced Requirements) 
  • FTHS (Family of Tactical Headborne Systems) 

This consisted of evaluating the current risks and needs, weight turned out to be a very important issue, since in fact more neck injuries due to (too) heavy helmets appeared to occur than head injuries due to bullets and projectiles. additional the used Maritime, offered still just Frag protection!
Consequently, USSOCOM wanted a new "helmet family" tailored to each task, both ballistic - up to 9mm protection - and non-ballistic.
In the end only 2 candidates were selected for this program Ops Core, and Revision/Galvion with the Caiman helmet, Ops Core won in 2019 the competition

eqR9uKtX7QWCFIt4sFgDRYYE8Zw6jK0lAM3WbnY3eKfIDI9Q8UjT64nTVX5H67mIMrvW_ZeAS43XBiQn6u4mPL13bdTBE47CcWfPGM_5DlI4IXK1w-8WYUMwjHkG_OR9HSjsjdca

Check here the detailed OpsCore FTHS presentation

Ops core would also be part of the NGTC (Next Generation Tactical Communications) program they also won the CASL (Communication Accessory Suite Land) competition with their AMP (Adaptive Mission Platform) headset, for de NGHH (Next Generation Handheld) radio.
(other winner in this program INVISIO with the V60 PTT and X5 headset)

Rmcaf4EVXxvQ-hiQj-QGTrC16MTsw03NUDWDhlZmQbUy8Cm_8tH3wwjC97O6oBscbjJ9vS0dz2rQUSOFkfdiVH-xVFg-XLA4RF_bGUKBnpAouvrcdNupPBoScpB_owS-QQDmWbng

The final USSOCOM Ops Core FTHS models

anZ2GXSlCteVmkAyCGQyFJ8XV3i43yaP-mruCLdTf5JyARsVLP4_Jmy6x6SmHqpHq2AQCoTyrMOiVkXZdilAZbUoLKHNEr1-NigMZWEXL-umx02G98rhyOqVbD7MQJxXNvNBqzUx

3.1 FTHS Ground Ballistic 
Is an updated version of the Maritime, but on the same Ballistic level like the original FAST XP. up to 9mm impact, instead of frag-resistant like the MT, and about 12% lighter! Furthermore, the FAST FTHS features a Modular NVG Shroud that can accommodate multiple NOD adapters, Velcro zones are now irregularly shaped to reduce the IR signature, and the liner has been renewed
Be sure to check out the review of the real Ops Core FAST SF on Milspecmonkey !

RF1 Is a recent version which offers exceptional protection against 7.62x39mm ammunition!  

JmT0W6M9K7sIQebj613Ji5UJZS3HvbgZ5hObDBUk1t-t_WXB77TNi2UrNyeRUvTxLWcTrAvySPJZymovsaoL6TTjvLgsBO_7VW3bqPm_h8RjBBtmqXAyS0iLoFgQz0Xr3Y-9wMEA

Skeleton ARC rails (Accessory Rail Connector) are equipped with openings in which cables can be zip-tied, for (nvg) cable management, below al the ARC rails compared, the Bungee has been moved to the Shroud to prevent from snag behind other helmet accessories.

jwpVFixCNqPX7kXC1DQHDZ2GWBh6h88nZyyQpVcSuz6lNfZLV7Ffex1C_Al_j99YJpnOodyGChjiEWTsPqS6JfEsWJ_QUt5nTjgf1DnmRJg6sz0WR7gfLV7k1zxfYLTneddG3s1t

The VENTED LUX liner is said to be one of the biggest improvements of the FAST SF, consisting of an EPP shell with ventilation holes, it offers better impact protection, and is equipped with a raised cutout the so-called Headband Channel, to make it easier to wear separate headsets under the helmet. below compared to the regular EPP pads of the Legacy Maritime

z7VlFluKU3fPQXl7O563eTT5pUCkCD58NJW2tZLVpRrYoKN6ZEfxDE694iYR-yHerUan6vPEfHfjCDOMFy1TkIBw2P_NPf7VoInuqp9J-691-loMbOEEvG5yXzuHuiw7iimbGmJx

3.2 FTHS Ground Non-Ballistic
The Non Ballistic version of the FTHS Ballistic, for training purposes, or “low threat” tasks, weighs about 300 grams less.

3.3 FTHS Coxswain Helmet System
Or helmsman's helmet, was a requirement for the US Navy SWCC crews , it is a Non-Ballistic Modular Helmet System, existing Ballistic Mandibles , Ballistic Visors, and a 2-Piece Ballistic Applique.
The Helmet itself is the FTHS Ground Non-Ballistic with standard the shim, behind the ARC rail to secure the mandibles 

O-52K-nvjW6I_cRSyTjBdl57Nse-Vm5V-J0IR4DEV2CjTU2b3YO39eWJ2-YEkV1amzOeMbs4M4jVEORAiRmxslDOdR0tAzKGJzCCZXb_BlfEfaGlxoQAsGsVk3SvvrAwCqjKu96b

Be sure to check out the detailed OpsCore FTHS presentation

Below a SWCC crew, note the rare LBH helmets in the 2nd photo!

SWCC.png (3.64MiB)

Below a photo of possibly a SWCC crew, clearly showing the Coxswain helmet, with the ballistic Applique, the front man is wearing a Super High Cut SF 

fast CW.png (1.45MiB)

3.4 Ops Core SF or FTHS
We also distinguish an SF, and FTHS designation when looking at the Ops Core website .
This came about as follows.

1. FTHS was the program for which Ops Core developed its updated helmets, and made prototypes available. 
  2. Before they won the USSOCOM contract, Ops Core already offer these new helmets as the further developed FAST SF, some units such as MARSOC bought these already.   
  3. Ops core wins the USSOCOM contract with the initial FAST FTHS and must deliver the in that version.
  4. FAST FTHS = Military Version,  FAST SF = Commercial Version
The commercial version of the FAST Ground Ballistic is called  FAST Super High Cut SF 
The differences are minimal and can only be seen externally by the different Velcro Loop Patterns. 
This irregularity is designed to reduce the IR signature.

ChoVvp8mw_C2kROhPFIvh3eDmw5PdI3yfditXbRB7Fku2dSyf6fLu0-HTcik4C4-Bckhz8n0Eiu2ubQY31drcZm2snYUP-5SV5XbBmxwHPVeg1FKkXP5C3dbZQ4uljYHcZ2XV-uD

fast SF.png (9.52MiB)

4.0 IDOGEAR Super High Cut Replica

Armed with the necessary knowledge I could now decide which FAST helmet I wanted, and see what is available in terms of replicas, since a real Ops Core FAST is a bit out of  my budget.
 I wanted an FTHS Ballistic, which I couldn't really find, with the correct Velcro loops the SF Super High Cut, from IDOGEAR, was the most close i could find.

4.1 IDOGEAR Official Store
I got my Super High Cut SF from IDOGEAR Official Store on Aliexpress, which I think is a correct store. Fast communication, and fast shipping, my order arrived after 7 days !   

IDOGEAR Official Store also makes the following 10% discount code available 2E8C4LFHV8XR 

4.1.2  IDOGEAR FAST helmet line consisting of the following models:

The Super High Cut SF was the one I wanted and it is available in the colors below.

eHVlpMs7D8ZB8vkfxRhsEk9Vq4Psx4U1de278s5K_i_4DYIMqHf_2AJdxXch6WaqzteR5wQi3wPt2xWELe-tskOVoFriSLUxQ-Fa0WttU-ilNkeWac7UTJ8RtKWGA5toF8DyabwE

Unfortunately, these IDO helmets only exist in 1 size ! and which is also not clearly stated!
It was therefore quite a hassle to find out the measurements, after some sending photos with measurements back and forth, I could finally conclude that it was almost the same size as my old N-Helmet FAST , and should therefore fit .  

Below are the measurements measured on my IDOGEAR FAST, (which may correspond to the Ops Core Size L?)

7UtFzlIWq-Tok53JtY6D9y1DRsKh0fNZcGBNB6aMlwalq7HNUFL2ZAT7Eeh8FO3barhcneBfUTSU1cv8FFyx5qH3Hl2jTUzahDTr1Jg45abw_wbeMgnmDx8k5k_-yL3jjzk4_t2w

4.2 Externals

4.2.1 Super High Cut Shell
Consists of a very sturdy 7.5mm thick plastic Super High Cut Shell, without vents, just as a Ballistic model, made with an eye for details such as the thickened front and rear edges, just like on the original Ops Core SF  It must be said, the color seems not realy Ops Core Koosjer and the finish is to shiny!  while it should be matte! (Possibly fixable with a paint job.)

View my full IDOGEAR Fast Externals photo album here

8S9M9RAL6dzhcPS3wvSux83o5LE2o7Qn12p8aRwfI1v9LOVhVL_WI_kRJU4v8ezEbwMLro6EepMlRZUyr5DG5_EvmHg8WnPdLRGt-Q6cG2czH3s0XsFdaszPnmFF5Ig_IOqcox82

4.2.2 ARC Rails
On the sides we find the ARC rails, in the Skeleton version, with the Zip Tie openings, without NVG Bungees, and all details of the Ops Core original, a minor point are the visible molding seams.
below a demo of the (nvg) cable management ability with the zip ties  

UQn0CNHlC3j-TsrEIrr13nh9SfspJ6K8me77jbK_D90i-E-b9oNRb0QMNvt7l7HbI_qt5CDIx3g88CDg6xthX4M--zgWx8Ubhr2xeiklLQPtZjIY2wxpnNbUo95o0A4pVO80TDWS

4.2.3 NVG Shroud
In front the Modular Bungee Shroud with removable adapter, for compatibility with multiple NVG mounts, and equipped with NVG Bungee, the fixed part of the shroud is made of plastic, and the adapter plate is made of metal like the Ops Core original,   
Unfortunately I can't test this shroud further as I do not (yet) have a (Dummy) NVG

bcZ8iPvWRmsc7U78ToceRxSxMSkLfDrhwsf0rgL8Jmf93X0OLjiV0f0Ma8UwUD_cGQCsJIhrUqVff2IAjdWd1Gq0dvyyZWMRA7RI0-Kh0JvvP9J23HW91bYpeSEZjXOKlslqyU6h

4.2.4 Universal External Loop Kit
On top of the Shell we find the Velcro pads for attaching the helmet accessories, the so-called Universal External Loop Kit, in the new SF pattern, unfortunately this is not the typical irregular FTHS pattern. (FTHS loop kits can already be found separately from TMC)

E0KBxyXhtXx-08N39zrAXr_Y6Fvs7BI_Yb7m0t8Ha5uGDffc2-QuP2Hspg5U4Y_ZpoS3NOLulClhi8hTWqo1f7ss9UVxTzRzpslqcogas3K0vUdzliE3wG05mBHgQHPqMVVR0URu

For comparison, check out the review of the real Ops Core FAST SF on Milspecmonkey!

View the full IDOGEAR Fast Externals photo album here

4.3 Internals 

4.3.1 Lux Liner
To the inside of the helmet now, and there is the foam Lux Liner with ventilation holes, and recess for the bracket of a headset, the so-called Headband Channel  a detail that is also characteristic for the original Ops Core SF/FTHS. I also want to emphasize that the entire interior of this IDOGEAR FAST SF is completely made according to the Ops Core Original! 

View the full IDOGEAR Fast Internals photo album here.

A4Opnl04XVp22YHGPgWPmaN2c5M1ZnItnp1AIgYI2ebQ07f-GovKo8YjVeXha5110HigS8Ns72D0RfqEq3j5Cl2kQrxHzjL09dEwRUJ-qGJhKk1VWB5IOIVzGzPSofil0jHQAto2

4.3.2 Pads
In the liner, the Pads already are pre-assembled on the provided Velcro strips, these Pads are made like the ventilated, Ops Core Comfort Pads, there are no pads included with different thicknesses to adjust the right Ride Height! extra included in the kit: a Universal Nape Pad, this is a kind of plate to attach in the Nape, and which has a larger contact surface, the Nape pad can be annoying for normal use, and comes into its own especially with heavier setups. 

HuV0-HcqZ5J4yDyl2-pgZT11mdVjSAaYeYrSSR04E3la9hYUELNLQdVLnygKxf6u59KQK8ig0iLX1b_iwa5UwnsoiJtC_-0wBg81Renkez55hqXKhix-bkFXsLy21sNyZCKqWCZN

4.3.3 Head Lock
Attached to the inside of the Shell: the OCC dial H-nape Head-Lock, just like on the original, the Head-Lock can be made to fit the head, by means of the rotary dial at the back, unfortunately this IDO replica does not have the characteristic Ops Core logo, the Head Lock prevents the Fast from tilting forwards and backwards

QxTppV1o4KmxhPjePEME18C0Gsl-9NAbuV8sy9rU5fw8u1Wsl5r9-HTVx6yBwjsiytD_O-9xurnXcNv1ZXAPK_racDeJqZbZYdP7LUeKcTAltCKwljuTpRWZ3_VoFCVg2oA5u_xg

The IDO Head-Lock is equipped with a so-called Right Eye Dominant Chin Strap, where the closure is located on the left side of the chin, and not to interfere with shouldering and aiming the gun. The Chinstrap is solidly made and equipped with a leather liner like on the real Ops Core. 
View the full IDOGEAR Fast Internals photo album here.

IY-WfwKeGRzuKdvoBOErEeMyWbsWqIp22F0rcRxLBg3ZXk07pLGIvs45RZTMWee8QngtlTENWKa_9TQZQ8N1BJlOehJSP4M6aIUwFtxH9QXS5V7SjimD9_g5uHJxS0WxeoTu4Wzz

4.3.4 Accessories
Included with the IDOGEAR Fast SF, 2 sets of accessories

Set1: Consists of Pads
  1. Universal Nape Pad
  2. 2 extra Comfort Pads
  3. 2 Spare Velcro stickers
  4. 1 Cable management Velcro sticker
Set2: Consists of Rail Accessories
  1. Shoe Rail Adapter Clips (for the Goggle clips)
  2. 19mm Goggle Swivel clips (Eye Pro)
  3. 36mm Goggle Swivel Clips (Eye Pro)
  4. “Snap Dragon Bayonet Buckle” (O² Single Strap Kit)
  5. Picatinny Rail Adapter
  6. Universal Wing Lock Adapter(universal QR mount)
  7. Universal NVG Adapter Plate  
  jREVm6fTJuPneJ_UWAbzuCcL-FE9ns0mQW5WEipwr-dTyPZjbETCQ1UAFzsRfuKnrYvEyhu50GVLsLAwJvt3l8TneNs1BT_-93eF79FP954y4rdTwG1LcNQu1SBKTfv6jvYMbgpO 
          View the full IDOGEAR Fast Internals photo album here

4.3.5 Wearing comfort / fit / feel 
This Idogear FAST SF weighs with its 985 grams about 370 grams heavier than the real Ops Core FAST SF! 
Much attention has been paid to the, Headlock and Pads ,which improves the wearing comfort (compared to my old Element) I haven't really been able to test it in action yet, but I've been wearing it for a long time without it really starting to annoy, or getting uncomfortable, due to the Vented Liner, and Comfort Pads it feels relatively "ventilated" due to the Super High Cut it doesn't interfere with my COMTAC

Check out the review of the real Ops Core FAST SF on Milspecmonkey for comparison!

4.4 Pro's & Con's
+ Very sturdy Shell.
+ Very good Internals.
+ Good wearing comfort and feel. 
+ Correct replica of the Ops Core SF.

FDE Shell is finished too shiny instead of matte. 
- With its 985 grams a heavy helmet.
- No Ops Core Markings.
- No FTHS Velcro Loops.  
- Only 1 size available

4.5 AAC's Brain Bucket Project
Following on from this review my new helmet project will follow, which will mainly consist of selecting and mounting the right helmet accessories such as   
Thx for watching please leave a comment
Edited by aac
  • Like 5