Sun Project Cap-firing grenade(M26 "lemon Grenade)

I recently purchased this from airsoft Scotland. It cost £6. It arrived in a clear plastic bag. In the bag was the grenade, the pin, an alom key and asome chinese instructions. The grenade fires caps but none are included.

RobHG4.jpg

Looks.

The hand grenade looks quite realistic. The primer is made of metal but the body of the grenade is made of hollow plastic. This means it is not very heavy and can be thrown around without particualy hurting people. These look quite cool and can be attached to your kit quite easily. Written on the grenade is RFX55 and N5. The pin is just a keyring it a straight piece of metal attached to it.

robHG1.jpg

Priming the grenade.

The grenade is a bit trick to prime. Firstly lift up the spoon/handle so you can see inside the primer. There is a springloaded firing pin inside the grenade. This must be pulled all the way back and held in place by sliding an alom key through the primer wall and securing it over the pin. Then a cap mut be placed on the little knob. Finaly lower the spoon/handle and use the pin to secure it in place. Remove the alom key and you are ready to go.

RobHG2.jpg

Detonating the grenade.

Detonating the grenade is exactly the same as the real one. Pull out the pin and throw. When the pin is pulled out however, the spoon/handle will stay in place. It takes an impact to triger the spoon/handle and detonate the grenade. So if you pull out the pin and throw it it will not detonate untill it hits the floor. This means that it can be a safe alternative to pyrotechnics. And it can be used over and over again. Depending on which caps you use you can get quite a loud bang.

robHG3.jpg

Summary.

Overall, these are easy to use, cheap to maintain and can be a good laugh. As a bonus thay are safe to use aroung the house in springer wars also they look good hanging from your kit. Obviously you will have to create some rules for them as they don't actualy spray shrapnel everywhere like pyros.

Anyway, I encourage everybody to get one as they are jolly good fun.

Feel free to sak any questions. :)

Edited by Desolation mkII
  • 2 weeks later...
I recently purchased this from airsoft Scotland. It cost £6. It arrived in a clear plastic bag. In the bag was the grenade, the pin, an alom key and asome chinese instructions. The grenade fires caps but none are included.

RobHG4.jpg

Looks.

The hand grenade looks quite realistic. The primer is made of metal but the body of the grenade is made of hollow plastic. This means it is not very heavy and can be thrown around without particualy hurting people. These look quite cool and can be attached to your kit quite easily. Written on the grenade is RFX55 and N5. The pin is just a keyring it a straight piece of metal attached to it.

robHG1.jpg

Priming the grenade.

The grenade is a bit trick to prime. Firstly lift up the spoon/handle so you can see inside the primer. There is a springloaded firing pin inside the grenade. This must be pulled all the way back and held in place by sliding an alom key through the primer wall and securing it over the pin. Then a cap mut be placed on the little knob. Finaly lower the spoon/handle and use the pin to secure it in place. Remove the alom key and you are ready to go.

RobHG2.jpg

Detonating the grenade.

Detonating the grenade is exactly the same as the real one. Pull out the pin and throw. When the pin is pulled out however, the spoon/handle will stay in place. It takes an impact to triger the spoon/handle and detonate the grenade. So if you pull out the pin and throw it it will not detonate untill it hits the floor. This means that it can be a safe alternative to pyrotechnics. And it can be used over and over again. Depending on which caps you use you can get quite a loud bang.

robHG3.jpg

Summary.

Overall, these are easy to use, cheap to maintain and can be a good laugh. As a bonus thay are safe to use aroung the house in springer wars also they look good hanging from your kit. Obviously you will have to create some rules for them as they don't actualy spray shrapnel everywhere like pyros.

Anyway, I encourage everybody to get one as they are jolly good fun.

Feel free to sak any questions. :)

Could you use the same caps as what the blank firing re-usable flash bangs use? from airsoft scotland?

Night_raven

Could you use the same caps as what the blank firing re-usable flash bangs use? from airsoft scotland?

Erm I assume that those use blanks. These use the kind of caps that you put in a cap gun (the little red ones) exept only one shot at a time rather than 8.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No, like the red plastic ones that you use in cap revolvers. You can buy them in strips of about 100 for £1.50 here in Britain.

doesn't it use the kanako 5mm model gun caps :unsure: thats what AD say anyway ;) i plan to get a few of these, could be fun for garden wars :)

Dunno, they might use those as well, whatever they are (google didn't bring up anything). But I find it works fine with the red ones (as long as they arent cr*p market ones).

Edited by Desolation mkII
Dunno, they might use those as well, whatever they are (google didn't bring up anything). But I find it works fine with the red ones (as long as they arent cr*p market ones).

cool, i think i still have some lying around :) will have to order 2 sometime ^_^

i plan to get a few of these, could be fun for garden wars

They are immense fun. you can pull of some good practical jokes with them as well. We took a couple on an explorer-scout camp and snuck through some bushes in full camo gear (at about 1 am) and lobbed them at the leaders. We tied them to string so we could pull them back and reload them and kept doing this for about 10 minutes without being caught.