Experienced with a Rifle but Know nowt about Airsoft

Moggy

Hi 

Many years experience with firearms and engineering but not a clue on Airsoft.  

I shall be lurking in the background. 👀  :rifle: until L1A1 SLR appears or a decent Airsoft sniper rifle that I can keep out of everyone else's range with.  

The sniper rifles so far found dont have the advantage of range.  The SLR is purely nostalgia.

On 6/18/2022 at 7:19 PM, Pistol_Dude said:

Welcome! Sorry it took so long for anyone to reply, but this group isn't as active as it once was unfortunately. There is an L1A1 available from ARES, and King Arms may be re-releasing theirs sometime this year. 

Hi

Thanks for responding

Quality wise witch of the two manufacturers make a better rifle?   If this forum is not very active where is?

What sniper rifle outdistances all other semi autos/ full auto rifles.   From what Ive read most bolt action sniper rifles only have the same range and rate of fire against a semi automatic leaves them vulnerable.

I've no experience with either of them, so can't really comment on their relative merits. From what I've read, the ARES is quite realistic looking, but may be a bit fragile. Try a search a see what you can find of reviews (both here and Google).

I haven't  read much about the King Arms one, but own two other King Arms guns which I've been happy with. 

Sniper rifles can be a bit of a project, and you can easily end up spending fortunes on upgrades. At the end of the day, they're still BB guns though, so don't expect rile like accuracy. 

With sniper replicas, it's really more of a case of putting time and effort into modifying a base replica into something that shoots well. It's an expensive, time consuming business, certainly not for everyone. It probably is worth your while asking people who are experienced with airsoft sniping what to do (not me, I don't snipe), but you can out range regular AEGs by quite some way. Expecting amazing performance out of the box perhaps isn't too realistic. Something to keep in mind with sniping, you won't be out of people's range all the time, game play wise it's basically impossible. Other players will try to find you, and realistically you will have to move closer to other players at points. Two games ago I shot the same sniper twice, once with my AEG at about 40 meters (I happened to see him first), second time with a pistol because I got a lucky flank on him. My point is, you're not going to just sit 60-70 meters back dropping rounds on people all game without challenge, people don't like that 😉 

Archived