SAS

cpaxton

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually its a common misconception that the SAS wear black, infact they don't. Back when they Iranian Embassy was taken the soliders 1st went to get thier kit only to be told that they didn't have any of th gear thy wear asking for, so they were issued Black Jump suits. Of course the Iranian Embassy situation was the 1st time these guys had been caught in the media spot light and straight away were given th name of the men in black (Due to what stores had issued them). After this Black was adopted by the worlds Specail forces as the colour of choice, only to be ditched later.

In actual fact the above picture is correct, the reason being is that black is not a very good colour for concealment as there is no such natural colour as black in nature, so if you hide in th shadows your outline is clearly visible while blue will not be darker than your surroundings thus giving you better concealment in dark, shadowed areas.

Yep, pretty much what he said mate. I've only ever seen the SAS wear blue in pictures apart from the embassy, but i assumed it was just the colour in an old photo.

The blue is the nomex suit, they retail for about £200 when i've seen the, on the internet. I didn't realise untill your pic cpaxton that the suit had inbuilt knee pads. Nice find mate :D

Yeah, it is from a user from a different forum I use www.sas22.com is is not actually an SAS soldier, but a guy who collects the kit! Thanks for the help guys.

I have never seen pics in blue before, its probably because most of their operations are not in the public eye like the embassy siege was. Where did they get the black kit Fareast?

The SAS do use black suits FACT! especially on ops when they want to blend in with armed police/so19. Although most pictures portray them wearing blue as in the impression above, however most pictures of the SAS CRW teams were taken a long time ago (late 80's/early 90's) and info on the most recent kit issued is sketchy at best and usually based on guesswork and speculation.

The SAS do use black suits FACT! especially on ops when they want to blend in with armed police/so19. Although most pictures portray them wearing blue as in the impression above, however most pictures of the SAS CRW teams were taken a long time ago (late 80's/early 90's) and info on the most recent kit issued is sketchy at best and usually based on guesswork and speculation.

Yeah that is why it has been difficult finding info for al oadout because the most recent pictures are as you said , in the late 80s and early 90s. My Uncle knows someone who used to be in the Regiment so I will beg for some info!

Try looking for pictures of the Aussie SAS, there are a fair few more recent piccies of them to give you some ideas and as they are heavily based on our own SAS you would expect the kit to be very similar too

Will do, but I am looking for the CQB look and pic of that is even less easy to find. I have always wondered the about need for the Aussi SAS , they dent seem to have a huge terrorist threat or have a need to do high risk covert operations over seas. I could see an SBS being useful for stopping smuggling an immigrants but not sure about SAS .I know that they help our SAS out from time to time though. Can you give me a link to some info on them?

gtg now but will be back tomorrow.

Fact the SAS DO NOT use Black kit. When they want to blend in with SO19 they wear SO19 clothing, and SO19 wear BLUE. like all Specail armed forces when they are working with police they wear police uniforms. They tend not to advertise when they are doing joint ops.

The reason I know this is because I spent some time at the Royal Military Police Barracks in Chichester (UK) where there happens to be an SAS Unit, also SO19 are based over in Hastings which is about 1 hour away by car and often the RMP's, SAS and SO19 would do joint training...after a while you get chatting to these guys and you here the facts from the myth.

Sorry dude, but you're not going to find a definitive answer to this question. I am closer to the SAS than most users on this forum (I am in regular touch with them and spoke to them personally reagrding getting clearance for an Arnie-Geddon 2005 related matter within the last 24 hours), and I don't know the answer.

All you're going to get here is guess-work and subjection. :o

Sorry dude, but you're not going to find a definitive answer to this question.  I am closer to the SAS than most users on this forum (I am in regular touch with them and spoke to them personally reagrding getting clearance for an Arnie-Geddon 2005 related matter within the last 24 hours), and I don't know the answer.

All you're going to get here is guess-work and subjection. :o

Really? Why not just the police who can alert other people?

So, wear black or blue, carry an MP5, Sig Sauer 226 or Hi Power, and call yourself Regiment. Anyone arguing with you is most likely talking out of their... bottom.

Can you get a browning hi power airsoft model?

Because this matter has nothing to do with the Police. The Police have of course already been informed about the event, the MOD Police have also been told and are likely to be monitoring the stations and surrounding areas on the day, but I had to have a natter directly with the SAS regarding a specific activity on the day which would be illegal without their full clearance to go ahead. We now have that clearance, and confirmation of that clearance has been sent to the MOD Police for their information. ;)

Anyway, this has gone a smidge off topic. To the original poster, have you thought about getting in touch with the guys at Stirling Services? There are a few ex-SAS guys running the show down there - one of them was the demolitions guy on the team that went in to the Iranian Embassy, so they may well know.

Because this matter has nothing to do with the Police.  The Police have of course already been informed about the event, the MOD Police have also been told and are likely to be monitoring the stations and surrounding areas on the day, but I had to have a natter directly with the SAS regarding a specific activity on the day which would be illegal without their full clearance to go ahead.  We now have that clearance, and confirmation of that clearance has been sent to the MOD Police for their information. ;)

Anyway, this has gone a smidge off topic.  To the original poster, have you thought about getting in touch with the guys at Stirling Services?  There are a few ex-SAS guys running the show down there - one of them was the demolitions guy on the team that went in to the Iranian Embassy, so they may well know.

ohhh I see, but why do the SAS have power over legal/illegal events I would have though that would have been the police or council.

Archived