SAS

cpaxton

The guy in blue is not SAS. Lots of companies that are selling assault gear will dress up a model, and pose him for their catalogues. This looks like such a photo, a lot of the kit is wrong, and would not be used by CRW troop.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy in blue is not SAS. Lots of companies that are selling assault gear will dress up a model, and pose him for their catalogues. This looks like such a photo, a lot of the kit is wrong, and would not be used by CRW troop.

erm :rolleyes: maybe you should read the thread from the begining...that way you won't look silly.

The suit is a fire retardent assaulters suit, the best ones usually made of NOMEX. Try BLACKHAWK Tactical gear on the net. For the US you could make enquiries of a firearms traing group called www.GUNSIT.co in Arizona, I know they are staffed by ex SF guys.

For a look at the proper gear, www.Sterlingservices.com, again a civi group in UK, but their founder, John McAleese is ex 22, and uses all the current kit.

Hope this helps.

PS The guys with the van are trainee UK cops. The guy in red is one of the instruction staff, denoted by red coat.

RITEAM.jpg

Razer, that is not the SAS! They dont look anything like soldiers, and are to chubby !

Sorry just to re address this issue.

I was using this photo to demonstrate that the POLICE wear black. If you'd followed the topic you'd see that.

I'm also glad to see that you know how fat you can be in the SAS.

Has John Mac only got one leg, cos in one of the programmes he has his leg blown off n it looks pretty realistic stump to me

Well he looked to have both the last time I saw him! :)

I believe they just buried his leg up to the knee for the filming of the series.

Cheers

F

I heard an amazing story about 'Mac' today at First&Only Airsoft skirmish. Gucci was saying that his team had gone down to this event, which was supposed to be between the best 12 airsoft teams in the UK. Well that Mac guy was there, and he was armed with just a knife (I'm assuming a rubber one) and Gucci said he took out 2 teams by himself, armed only with a knife!

:yikes:

Great guy, more like legend, I am thinking of doing a Embassy loadout with full black kit, I saw a pic of the assault vest that they used and it just looked like a BHI omega but with a more rounded collar and instead of leather on the right shoulder it had a green knife sheath

Mac's a great bloke but usually doesn't get involved in Airsoft games "Everyone wants to shoot me," as he said once :)

There's a very good display of some assaulter kit from the 1980 Iranian Embassy siege in the National Army Museum in Chelsea if you want a close look Diemaco.

Cheers

F

I heard an amazing story about 'Mac' today at First&Only Airsoft skirmish. Gucci was saying that his team had gone down to this event, which was supposed to be between the best 12 airsoft teams in the UK. Well that Mac guy was there, and he was armed with just a knife (I'm assuming a rubber one) and Gucci said he took out 2 teams by himself, armed only with a knife!

:yikes:

That guy is the man. Im looking forward to the release of the game 'the regiment', an SAS game obviously, all your briefings come from Mac, if all of the claims about it are true, its gunna be one helluva game!

Tell your mate to keep his arms closer to his side, having your arm out at 90 degrees makes it less stable, also it makes you much more likely to knock into things which makes more noise, and could concievably result in a N/D

Cheers

Mig

Cool gear that guy is wearing though

FERG

John Mac must get rather POd when he sees loadsa people in SAS loadouts that are incorrect

Still i wouldn't argue if i went up against him - i would call HIT before he drew his weapon (you know your gonna lose so why bother letting him waste a BB)

Oh and i wouldn't mind if i was on the same team as him for a game - who wouldn't

Archived