This Trauma Roll 1 Pouch is my latest asset, made by Toptacpro a new CN gear brand.
Topctacpro doesn't make straight copy’s (as far as i can find) i would call it based ons. 
Their Trauma Roll 1 Pouch, for example, is based on a Ferro Concepts design.

pouch cut.png (10.72MiB)

1.0 Ferro Concepts 

Ferro Concepts is a US gear maker with a remarkable origin story, whereas a lot of today gearmakers are ex military, and started their business from a persuasion to improve the current issued gear, Ferro Concepts founder Riley Boland, in contrary, is a professional skater! who used to be a member of Devtsix (milsim reenactment forum)  Ferro was is forum name, reportedly he started with making LBT repro stuff, and later started making his own designs. Nowadays Ferro Concepts is a respected brand used by professional military, and LE. it's quite ironic how a (former) reenactor/airsofter (regularly hated by the pro community)
Became a pro gearmaker for that same pro community.

1.1 Forward Observations Group
The Roll 1 Trauma Pouch is a simple though yet effective practical design from Ferro Concepts, its designed with the help of Forward Observations Group, according to Ferro “Good Friends” accordingly they made the prototype for fellow SOF in Syria, later on the prototype was re-designed by Ferro,

It's a bit mysterious what FOG are, or doing? reportedly they are founded by 82e guys? on their site there posting videos, and reportedly nowadays they should be active in ukraine? So if anyone reading this knows more about them, feel free to tell me. 

The alleged first Roll 1 prototype photo. 
175537487_3208361949266148_4415031156367535021_n.jpg (312.82KiB)

1.2 Ferro Concepts Roll 1 Trauma Pouch

The Trauma Roll, is nothing else but a cylindrical shaped dangler pouch, witch contains a blow out pocket containing the IFAK kit, it's designed to be worn just under the plate carrier, Velcroed in the ballistic plate flap, that way it occupies a (mostly) free, unused space, and provides lumbar support for geared up - vehicle rides. Although in the 1e place designed to be worn below the plate carrier the Roll can also be hooked below a belt.

A possible dilemma is how the Ferro Trauma Roll relates to the 3-line principle?
since the IFAK is supposed to be carried on the 1e line (belt, bdu) essential kit
If the Ferro Trauma Roll is carried on the plate carrier it becomes 2e line?

I suppose it should be seen as an out the box option, for peculiar circumstances, and of course one can always run a 2e (small) belt kit? (feel free to tell me more)

Bellow some photos captured from the Ferro Concepts FB page, not sure whats in the wild, or promotion pics

ferro roll collage.png (4MiB)

1.3 IFAK and TCCC

For the contents of the Trauma Roll1 we need to take a closer look to IFAK and TCCC
Roll1 refers to the tactical, medical term, for the 1e responder, providing life saving care, IFAK (Infantry First Aid Kit) introduced in 2001, was a game changer in combat medical care, equipping every individual soldier with a personal kit, instead of 1 team medic.
TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care) Was the new approach from 2001 for the caretaking of combat casualties, if you wanna read more about this, take a look at my earlier TCCC intro in my LBT 9022 ifak review/project

2.0 TOPTACPRO

Over to my Toptacpro Trauma Roll 1now, with i got from Toptacpro Official Store 
there available in the most common flavors MC, MCB, BLK, CB, and Ranger Green
price €24.76 shipping included, pouch comes empty!  
Toptacpro also offers  following discount code: 3K8O8XF3T21G

2.1 Toptacpro Roll 1 Trauma Pouch

2.1.2 The Multicam
Toptacpro claims its made in genuine MC, i don't possess genuine MC for reference, but allegedly TMC MC should be quite close to genuine MC? 
So if i compare the toptacpro MC with the TMC MC, quite some difference can be seen?

ttp mc collage.png (2.4MiB)

2.1.2 The Medical Cross Insignia
Most significant detail on the Toptacpro is the presence of a medical cross insignia, like we see on the Blue Force Gear trauma kits, only thing, the original Ferro Trauma Roll doesn't have it. Now that isn't a big issue, since its stitched on, it can be easily cut of, or if you attach the pouch inverted it isn't visible at all (like i did)

cross collage.png (14.11MiB)

Further i can only say the Toptacpro pouch is decently made, with most features and detail of the original, take a look at my photos and judge for yourself.
Check here my complete Trauma Roll photo gallery

IMG_20220710_130841.jpg (2.09MiB)

2.1.3 My DIY First Aid Kit
For the kit i composed my own domestic first aid kit, i printed a TCCC pdf card myself, thought it was a nice detail, the large marker is a substitute for a Chest decompression needle

IMG_20220710_132455.jpg (1.44MiB)

2.1.4 The inner Pocket
 A close up on the inner pocket, made in watertight fabric, with retainer straps, when fold down, the velcro closures keep the kit packed, when stored, but allow fast opening in stress situations

IMG_20220710_130926.jpg (1.1MiB)

My FA kit packed and stacked 

fa kit collage.png (15.93MiB)

And attached to my  AVS plate carrier
Check here my complete Trauma Roll photo gallery

SWqbzy1.jpg

• Like 2