dense jungle loadouts

xXLucidXx

well i live in the hills of kentucky where it sometimes hits the 100* degree mark with 100% hummidity when sometimes its hard to breath but me and my brother (getting ready to be shipped out overseas)) and we bear it out in our hills playing

its really kinda cool when it rains and gets hot because all the steam makes it look vietnam like the forest is so thick its about 15 degrees cooler under the canopy

but what do you guys take with you in the thick jungle, keep in mind the thick jungles you see in the war movies have nothing on us here its actually hard to see 20-30 yards unless you have a good vantage point over our trails

so post what you guys pack

lucid.

also everyone in the airsoft community plz say a little somethin for my brother b4 you go to bed hopefully he will make it back home safe

thanks guys

well i live in the hills of kentucky where it sometimes hits the 100* degree mark with 100% hummidity when sometimes its hard to breath but me and my brother (getting ready to be shipped out overseas)) and we bear it out in our hills playing

its really kinda cool when it rains and gets hot because all the steam makes it look vietnam like the forest is so thick its about 15 degrees cooler under the canopy

but what do you guys take with you in the thick jungle, keep in mind the thick jungles you see in the war movies have nothing on us here its actually hard to see 20-30 yards unless you have a good vantage point over our trails

so post what you guys pack

lucid.

also everyone in the airsoft community plz say a little somethin for my brother b4 you go to bed hopefully he will make it back home safe

thanks guys

LOL sounds like here in Japan... well my load it is normally the following:

M3 Shorty (1st shot double loaded)

Side Arm.

Rubber Dagger (For when we are playing sneaky)

or

Also use M4-S with M203 short barrel jungle type carrying a BB shower grenade.

How is the digital camo going? Compared to the older camo? I play in a pretty dense wooded area and i try to keep my loadout as simple as possible in order not to have to many snags. Usually whatever gun I'm using, an oldschool amo belt, my super sexy satchel and of course my classic bdu set. Next up for me will be some sort of gille,upper body only, that will help me stalk a little more effectively.

Well, there's a small world: finding another Kentuckian (well, I'm a Californian still, but I'm living in Kentucky. Guess that makes me a quasi-expat) on a forum on the other side of the world.

My jungle rig consists of a chest rig and a hell of a lot of water. I'm running a customized SOTech Hellcat, but the Tactical Tailor MAV (Modular Assault Vest) is similar and somewhat less expensive. The less gear you wrap your body in (such as an assault vest) the cooler you're gonna be. Now, don't misunderstand that statement. I did not mean "buy less gear". That's heresy.:)

119_1959-vi.jpg

edited to add pic of me in Hellcat

The ACU really work better in urban and desert, and they're not too great at night. They blend in well enough with woods, but MARPAT and CADPAT are much better.

The US woodland works better in the jungle/dense woodland because of most foliage having broad leaves.

Just make sure your replica gun is water proof maybe some tape... and thinking abour loadout... as less as possible, in my case it means just the bdu, bandana and H belt with some clips attached and lots of water, of course, the famous poncho is useless, noisy and always trying to take some "vegetables" with it, not to talk about that XXXXX plastic doesn't allow your "bodywater" to go out, it is just melting or "soldier's sausage".

the playing range is very short and less things menas less noise and sufocation ;)

i really wish i had a way to take some pics ofour hills its unlike any other it really looks spooky after a summer rain and then it heats up

we both pack 110 oz camelbaks that he scored for us for free and my bro also got me a few full uniforms and combat boots (not the ###### kind, but the real issue stuff)

ill post some specs later on

also if your located in KY or virginia where you guys play at or where u at and we'll meet up sometime, im in the far east tip of the state in floyd/pike county

Heh, I grew up and served in a tropical country. Jungles are not fun.

Ditch the inner shirts. Forget rolling up your sleeves it's not going to help and it keeps the bugs off you. Speaking of which get a repellant stick and treat your collar and cuffs.

Forget water proofs and anything leather. Canvas boots and lightweight cottons are your friends. You will get soaked, so plan to get things that will dry as you go instead of trying to stay dry.

Get fatigues that fit, no larger no smaller. Every square inch of extra fabric is going to be dead weight once it gets wet.

Webbing is your friend. Vests are evil balls of stifling heat. Make sure all your pockets have drain holes.

Cotton socks. Stick 2 pairs in your first line in sealable plastic bags. In fact get a carton or two of those sealable plastic bags and stick everything in em if you don't already.

All the best to your brother! :) An friend of a friend took a round in the shoulder a couple weeks back in Fallujah. As long as he keeps eyes up he ought to be fine.

no offense but ive grown up in these hills for 19 years lol and i hunt so i know about what i really need in the hills

i also definately keep snake leggins on under my bdu's copperheads are plentifull here

i was curious what you guys pack when you go out to play airsoft pics of gear and stuff

revsd5, thats an open meadow compared to what we have lol :P

Although this isn't me in the jungle, this loadout based on the MFR jungle loadout. Just need a real camelback form my older bro and I'll be set.

M1911A2guy9.jpg

M1911A2guy8.jpg

M1911A2guy6.jpg

I'm in the process of getting everything swapped over to OD instead of black, and all of the black gear will either be sold or used in a desert loadout.

Hehe, I've heard about the monster mosquitoes yall have up there. In July and August its almost unbarable for me to play airsoft here in GA. Much more comfortable at the lake or camping.

Webbing definatly helps.

Archived