Initiate Airsoft Sniper ~ Getting Started

Hello there, mates!

I am a fifteen-year-old of California who has always had a love of precision marskmanship. Me and my dad, as well as my older brother on a few occasions, have often gone to shooting ranges and honed our skills and generally had fun with our respectable arsenal (if you could call it that) of .22 target rifles and, as of late, our new 30-06 hunting rifle. Anyways, A few months ago I purchased a decent AirSoft shotgun (well, technically the only thing 'shotgun' about it is that it is pump-action... it only fires one bb, and is pretty darned accurate). I have played several military-simulation matches with my buddies and many other guys from around california, including several off-duty and ex marines. My 'shotsniper' has served me well, but I have been finding myself lying prone on top of that ridge, watching as my enemy marches by not ten yards out of range. It is high time that I sell this trusty, yet underpowered pea-shooter and grab myself a nice longgun. Anyways, there's my life story.

I joined this forum, even though it appears to be for, as we call in the airsoft business, 'real steel' rifles, because I believe that it would be a great place to learn from the 'experts.' Well, as far as tactics and such go; I have my dad to teach me how to shoot. Though I might be just a young'n, I possess the ability to act quickly and plan out attack and defense (both for myself and my entire team; I fight best alone or with a spotter as opposed to a squad, but my buddies often look to me to be the tactician before the match starts.)

So anyways, this is Pirate, signing in! Hope I can help out and give my two cent's worth where I can, and learn a thing or two from the pro's.

~Pirate

P.S. Quick question to help me decide which airsoft gun to get: Which sniper rifle is currently in use by the German army (besides those massive high-tech guns like the Barret - I mean just a basic rifle)? If your curious as to why I want to know, I have a lot of german heritage and I feel a deep connection with Germany (I'm also learning the language), so I'd like to get a replica of a german gun.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:57 AM, JenniferWarms said:

Hello there, mates!

I am a fifteen-year-old of California who has always had a love of precision marskmanship. Me and my dad, as well as my older brother on a few occasions, have often gone to shooting ranges and honed our skills and generally had fun with our respectable arsenal (if you could call it that) of .22 target rifles and, as of late, our new 30-06 hunting rifle. Anyways, A few months ago I purchased a decent AirSoft shotgun (well, technically the only thing 'shotgun' about it is that it is pump-action... it only fires one bb, and is pretty darned accurate). I have played several military-simulation matches with my buddies and many other guys from around california, including several off-duty and ex marines. My 'shotsniper' has served me well, but I have been finding myself lying prone on top of that ridge, watching as my enemy marches by not ten yards out of range. It is high time that I sell this trusty, yet underpowered pea-shooter and grab myself a nice longgun. Anyways, there's my life story.

I joined this forum, even though it appears to be for, as we call in the airsoft business, 'real steel' rifles, because I believe that it would be a great place to learn from the 'experts.' Well, as far as tactics and such go; I have my dad to teach me how to shoot. Though I might be just a young'n, I possess the ability to act quickly and plan out attack and defense https://sniperpedia.com(both for myself and my entire team; I fight best alone or with a spotter as opposed to a squad, but my buddies often look to me to be the tactician before the match starts.)

So anyways, this is Pirate, signing in! Hope I can help out and give my two cent's worth where I can, and learn a thing or two from the pro's.

~Pirate

P.S. Quick question to help me decide which airsoft gun to get: Which sniper rifle is currently in use by the German army (besides those massive high-tech guns like the Barret - I mean just a basic rifle)? If your curious as to why I want to know, I have a lot of german heritage and I feel a deep connection with Germany (I'm also learning the language), so I'd like to get a replica of a german gun.

no response

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, and welcome to the sport. To answer your question, the German military uses various accuracy international AWM derivatives for real 'sniping'. There are a fair few airsoft replicas so it shouldn't be an issue to find something that suits your budget. Just remember to carry a pistol if you're using a sniping replica that requires a minimum engagement distance at your field of play so you don't get caught out, or shoot someone at overly close range. The German military still uses the P8, which is basically a full sized H&K USP in 9mm, again, fairly easy to find different replicas at various budgets. Flecktarn camouflage is easy-ish to find, though harder to get these days as the Bundeswehr is a bit stricter about selling it on than they used to be, that said, finding some trousers, a parka, and a boonie shouldn't be too hard, and the webbing is reasonably plentiful. Hope that all helps. 

Archived