STAR M249

umbra

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since it uses a plastic gearbox will it be possible to buy a metal one if its plastic one breaks or can it ONLY use that special star plastic gearbox?

No way to tell until it comes out, but there are 7 metal gearboxes out there i'm sure one would fit with a bit of cutting

If it comes out the day after there are the following options:

1.import illegally and run the risk of customs etc (Neither i nor would i imagine arniesairsoft support this)

2. possibly we could import via isle of man airsoft will still be legal there (i know, i know, its still legal here too but you know what i mean) so its not illegal to import to there, then as its moving stock around within the uk we're not importing so from the ilse of man it might be legal, sounds too obvious to me so i'm sure the government have something written about it.

3. accept we're not going to have one and move on but grouse about it for years

4. well i don't have one right now but where theres a will theres always a plan 4

Cheers

Mig

The original TOP gearbox fails because of the lousy bellows-system, and the fact that the gears are really bad, both design and materials used sucks.

The PGC gearbox requires alot of fine tuning before it works, especially the hop-up. If the BB doesn't feed 100% right, the piston is stripped. Hopefully CA has managed to fix this problem, because the PGC gearbox shell is MUCH stronger than V2 and V3 gearbox shells. The design of the minimi doesn't accomodate normal V2/V3/V6 gearboxes, simply because of the way the real steel minimi is designed. The internals of the PGC box is exactly the same as the V2/V3, it just doesn't have the parts that provide a semi-auto function, so in most ways one could say that the CA uses a normal gearbox.

Come'on STAR! Let's see a PKM! Or an M240B >_<!!

I really want one of those 249's, especially to see a plastic gearbox that works. The video made this gun look really promising. Cheap price $400< and I'll definately get one, I wonder when they'll be released?

Archived