STAR M249

umbra

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Krisstoffer,

Go to the website and have a look at the Jpeg of the Gearbox, long story short it's see-through so my moneys on it being plastic unless they can do summit to metal i don't know about ;)

Cheers

Mig

Yes. And if you read what I said, the BODY is probably METAL. I wasn't talking about the gearbox.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the gun is probobaly the same kind of awesome plastic used on the star UMP kit, if it runs nice I might get the star simply because it is lighter than the CA.

yeh, the CA version must be a bit too heavy to carry around :showoff:

Any more new on the release date?

is it even going to be out befor the VCR bill comes in :unsure: i really want one of these :)

Light and SAW don't belong in the same sentence... Soon everyone will have one... the CA is making it bad enough and even still a little too cheap.

Alex "Col Sanders"

im not botherd how many people have them, if i wanted a different LMG from everyone else i would go for a classic gas BV system LMG :)

anyway, im sure you could add some weights into it :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
They look very small and if they work will be revolutionary think of the custom guns that could be built with this different design of gearbox

indeed, looks good :) i like the idea of gearboxes with different springs in ^_^

just a matter of waiting for it to come out yet <_<

I really like the quick-swap gearboxes. Being able to swap in a matter of minutes between woodland and cqb setup is indeed nice.

One thing though: Will the plastic shell be able to hold the 190% spring..?

Archived