STAR M249

umbra

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed.

I tend to like big, realistic, metal guns purely so that they don't break when I run into trees or go *albatross* over tit during a skirmish.

I'd be up for one of these if it was fairly rigid.

And if I hadn't got impatient and blown my "M249" funds on a TOP M60.

That reminds me of another point. A SAW gunner shouldnt be running that much anyway, so maybe the ABS construction wont be that bad for the role. If you recall, the reality of Tokyo Marui plastic bodies breaking comes from specific weak points (unless you "go *albatross* over tit during a skirmish"), in which case, that aluminum body *might* protect your gearbox... but I've still seen stocks, rails, sights, front ends, etc come off just as easy. Once someone actually grabs one of these, perhaps he/she will enlighten us, but until then we can at least hope that the ABS body on this doesnt have thin plastic weakpoints like the top front end of the G3 recievers, the tabs and rear end of the M4 recievers, etc.

At this point it's all assumptions and speculations, and I dont know about speculation, but we all know about asses and umptions.

Edit ~ Oh, and I play airsoft to have fun, not for realism. Sure it's nice to have realistic looking guns, but you're not gonna get realism from something throwing plastic balls.

Quoted for truth

ah yes, but the m60's very pretty :) , and IIRC yours was a bit of a bargain

Yup, i would have had that for £200 :unsure:

hmm.... around £300 for it from GI...... + free shipping..... *starts looking around room trying to think what he can sell*

heh, i've sold most of my things now <_< need more money

Just need a UK site to get these in now <_<

thats even more girly than getting a plastic M249  :lol:

Coming from a guy with a ultrafeminine MP5 in his sig... HAH :) A fetish for Desert Eagles does NOT make you the "most macho manly man" :)

Any G3 is a MANS gun. Especially when compared to M16's and such :)

But back to the STAR M249.

Has it actually been confirmed that the receiver is plastic? Star describes the construction as "metal constructive", making me belive that they will use an aluminium receiver, but I haven't seen one so I don't know.

Is the claim of a plastic receiver verified? Has anyone seen it and confirmed that it is plastic? An alu receiver would also give a lighter minimi.

Coming from a guy with a ultrafeminine MP5 in his sig... HAH :) A fetish for Desert Eagles does NOT make you the "most macho manly man" :)

Any G3 is a MANS gun. Especially when compared to M16's and such :)

But back to the STAR M249.

Has it actually been confirmed that the receiver is plastic? Star describes the construction as "metal constructive", making me belive that they will use an aluminium receiver, but I haven't seen one so I don't know.

Is the claim of a plastic receiver verified? Has anyone seen it and confirmed that it is plastic? An alu receiver would also give a lighter minimi.

It is probably that hybrid mix of plastic and metal thats cold the the touch making it heavier than plastic and lighter than metal.

:Dr_Evil:

perhaps not, but a Desert Eagle AND the impending order/delivery of my CA249 does  :D

I have had my TOP m249/PGC for a while now, and I must admit that my manlyhood hasn't increased significantly yet. But maybe my startingpoint was better than yours. :flamed:

I wouldn't buy the CA 249 quite yet if I was you. Wait until CA work out the piston-stripping problem, or you will end up with an expencive paperweight (not quite as expencive as my TOP, but still...)

My TOP/PGC combo has been doing a great job as a paperweight/dust-collector, but as an airsoft-BB-hose-of-ultimate-hicap-destruction its performance has been rather lousy. And I have seen a few CA249's with the same problem as mine, and heard of many more.

nah im gonna go for it.

if it *fruitcage*s up, it *fruitcage*s up.

im not gonna wait around for the VCR to come in and ban me from buying one, so im getting one now. i get a very cheap deal from a website my team are linked to, so even if it breaks, i can spend about 300 quid on it before it is as expensive as buying one from the UK.

I wouldn't buy the CA 249 quite yet if I was you. Wait until CA work out the piston-stripping problem, or you will end up with an expencive paperweight

its simple

you shoot the gun out of the box without adjusting the hopup all the way up, the piston strips.

you read the instructions before you shoot the gun, it doesnt.

• 1 month later...

I've done some research and the Star M249 will come out on October 31, 2005 on a website called heizou bros.

http://www.hzbros.jp/product_info.php?products_id=4897

Translation: Commodity number: Selling price: 72,240 Yen (including tax) Point: 722P presently there is no stock. Or, you obtain. Reservation you receive

* It became 10 end sale schedules. In reservation acceptance * * you obtain. Being not to be able to cancel after the ordering, note * it is the new product M249 of STAR Mk-II. We adopt the mechanic BOX of cassette type, the mechanic BOX installs in 30 seconds, possibility. The new axis is quantity, e.g., the plastic make mechanic BOX is adopted, ill-smelling it is. *: The photograph is the actual gun. The real thing there are times when it differs.

In red: This commodity is sale schedule on 2005 October 31st.

Maybe that means that it would come out pretty soon before the VCR.

I wouldn't buy the CA 249 quite yet if I was you. Wait until CA work out the piston-stripping problem, or you will end up with an expencive paperweight (not quite as expencive as my TOP, but still...)

Stripping problem? What stripping problem?

90% of them I've seen and heard about have been with people misusing the gun i.e.:

Bad BB's.

Over tightening the hop up

Over 100,000+ rounds through my CA M249 MK.II right now, no problems at all. It's upgraded to well above the forum limits too. Replaced the hop up about 30k rounds as well. Only two things I've changed on my entire gun: Spring, Hop up bucking.

BB's I've used through it:

Excel .20's

Excel .20 BIO BB's. (Mandatory, for Irene III - about 30,000 of them.)

KSC .20's

KSC .25's

Thats all I'll ever put through the gun either. Don't want to risk a jam, and thusly a piston problem.

Archived