Omega Glock 17 Review Part 1

Well i recently managed to source on of these for only £46 recently with the intent purpose of using it as a display piece.

The Box:

The box is black with the logo of Omega Industries taking up it's front cover, on the sides of the box the different models the Omega used to manufacture are listed, however there is no indication as to which is contained in the box.

Opening the box, i found the original green instruction manual and exploded parts diagram, along with some new targets, and one original Omega test target.

I did not get the loading rod with the gun, but i do not mind as it is easily loaded by hand.

First Impressions

Very impressive i thought as i looked the gun over, i have got the metal slide police edition of the 17, and as such, it weighs in at 610g unloaded, very close to the 653g weight of the real thing.

The gun feels impressively solid in the hand, the ABS lower Frame fells very comfortable to hold and replicates the real guns lower polymer frame very well.

The metal slide is made of strong aluminium, which is quite lightweight, this means that the slide is strong, but doesn't loose any speed in the recoil action. This is lucky as the primitive blowback of this gun relies on using metal bar powered by the gas that fires the BB to smash into the inside of the slide, sending it flying back. In use however felt recoil is the same as any modern Glock fitted with a metal slide using HFC 134A.

The grips of the gun are made from hard rubber, these don't give under pressure, but make the gun very comfortable to hold and easy to use in adverse conditions.

Looks

Well, it's a glock, not much more to say about it's styling as it will be familiar to anyone.

The markings are where this Pistol starts to look really good, they are accurate to the real thing and are professionally engraved into the slide and frame.

The left side of the slide bears the Glock logo, 17, AUSTRIA,9x19

The right side of the slide bears HA5486 (not sure if it is unique) and a small glock logo under the ejection port

The Glock logo can be found on the left hand side rubber grip and Pat. Pending on the right hand side's grip.

On top of the ejection port cover is the only manufacturer mark a tiny Omega Symbol along with another Glock logo and a armoury mark

Overall a very realistic looking replica and certainly one of the best Glocks you will find for the purpose of Display.

Unfortuantly this review ends here, as this Pistol starts to begin showing it's age once loaded up and ready to roll, it constantly jams, double feeds and vents gas, however i think that i will be able to fix these problems, and will continue this review once i do. Pictures will follow in the next installment.

• 1 month later...

Cool to see someone reviewing an Omega gbb gun. I bought an Omega Beretta 93r a few years ago and never found any proper details of it or Omega. X239's issues with feed problems and gas venting are not just with his Glock though, the same things happen with my 93. I can't fire a full magazine without either problem.

It's still a great gun, more plastic than the Glock sounds, but a handgun that fires three round bursts is a lot of fun. Are the gbb's that Wolf Armouries and Airsoft Armoury sell for around £70 - £100 (KWA and KSC Glocks, Berettas and Ingrams) better quality and more rugged than the Omegas? Considering buying one, but the Omega isn't the best advert.