• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good photo Eddie, were they out on training exercise?

Thanks, got loads of 'em.

No they were just flying past the tower coming in to land. I'm based at Coningsby and my room window overlooks the airfield :D.

See the things every single day. Then I go to work and play around with all the black boxes that make up the avionics.

Thanks, got loads of 'em.

No they were just flying past the tower coming in to land.  I'm based at Coningsby and my room window overlooks the airfield :D.

See the things every single day.  Then I go to work and play around with all the black boxes that make up the avionics.

Ah you lucky sod. :D

A lil bird told me that the HUD units were made in Northern Ireland, am i right?

5.-Eurofighter-HUD.jpg

The clear part of it.  :)

Well that bit isn't a part on it's own. It's part of the HUD PDU, which includes the glass reflector as well as the control panel, projector and some of the proccessor units. It's a pretty big bit of kit.

We (the RAF) don't deal with parts that small, we just change out the larger system components. The broken bits go off to BAE for repair, getting them there and back again is my job.

Edited by Eddie182