• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't those just F15's and F16's?

Child's play compared to the new F22. :P

Of course. Children's toys don't need to spend long periods of time in maintanence.

The F/A-22 does.

Pfft. I bet some SU37s (If they entered production. ;_;) and some MFIs could rip off an F22s head and defecate down their metaphorical throats. But thats just my experience beating all the Ace Combats on Ace with the planes you start off with.

Su-37s aren't advanced enough to challenge the F/A-22. Possibly a threat to the Typhoon, but not to the F/A-22 or F/A-35. The Su-47 and MiG 1.44 are entirely different stories, however... but it would help if they flew the prototypes more than once a year.

Does it?

I'm desperatly wanting to see who would win a scrap between the Eurofighter and the F22.

I'm placing my money on the Eurofighter.  ;)

Got anything behind that wager besides patriotism? ;)

I heartily endorse this service and/or product.

:zorro:

Impossible. As we all know, Sledge has no heart and cannot, therefore, heartily endorse anything.

:pirate:®

Got anything behind that wager besides patriotism? ;)

;) Plenty,.. I can list several things that the Eurofighter has an advantage over the F22.

1) Size, it's miles smaller, yet has 2 engines, and a bucket load of maneuverability.

2) It's weapon systems don't need to be hidden, again saving on space size.

3) Avionics were derived from the prototype Grumman X29, with the alierons at the front.

4) Yes we have a dead weight gun mounted inside the Eurofighter, but with a quick install of the correct software that gun can become active there and then, again saving space and weight without the extra ammunition)

5) Deploy ability, yes we can send our new fighters anywhere in Europe, just so happens that Germany, Italy and (i think) Spain, have put orders in for them, cop that for the F22.

6) Cost is half of the F22, yet performance is on par, however the F22 has thrust vectoring, and so does the Eurofighter (i think), but with the addition of forward ailerons, and coupled with the thrust vectoring, our pilots can "throw" our aircraft around the sky.

;)

Eh....the question is, how will the EFA2000 shoot down an F/A22, when the F/A22's radar and IR signature have been reduced, meaning radar-guided and IR-guided missiles won't work against it?

On the flip side though,.. how likely is it that the F22 and the EF2000 will go head to head in actual combat?

Besides,.. get close enough and the gun shall be victorious. ;)

Eh....the question is, how will the EFA2000 shoot down an F/A22, when the F/A22's radar and IR signature have been reduced, meaning radar-guided and IR-guided missiles won't work against it?

So very very wrong.

Reduced? You mean as in less than previous gen a/c. Well in that at least you are correct. However reduced does NOT mean gone. Both IR and RF signatures are very much still there. And I hate to break it to you but the Raptor is very shootdownable (it is a word, ok :P).

The same applies for Typhoon, both IR and Radar signatures are drastically reduced compared to other a/c flying today. In fact the only a/c that have a smaller radar cross section than Typhoon are F-117, B-2 and Raptor.

As for ARH and IIR missiles not working against raptor, simply 100% untrue. Can't be bothered going to why, this post is already off topic enough anyway.

Edited by Eddie182
;)  Plenty,.. I can list several things that the Eurofighter has an advantage over the F22.

1) Size, it's miles smaller, yet has 2 engines, and a bucket load of maneuverability.

Two EJ200 engines which each 60-90 kN of thrust to propell 34,280 lbs (loaded) of Typhoon compared to the 155.7 kN thrust produced by each Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 to propell 55,352 lbs (loaded) of F-22A.

2) It's weapon systems don't need to be hidden, again saving on space size.

Nor do those of the F-22A, which has mounting points for external stores for external fuel tanks and additional ordinance.

4) Yes we have a dead weight gun mounted inside the Eurofighter, but with a quick install of the correct software that gun can become active there and then, again saving space and weight without the extra ammunition)

A gun isn't dead weight. If it were (as we thought when the F-4 Phantom was first brought on line), we wouldn't have them on aircraft today.

5) Deploy ability, yes we can send our new fighters anywhere in Europe, just so happens that Germany, Italy and (i think) Spain, have put orders in for them, cop that for the F22.

We can send our new fighters anywhere on Earth: Just like we can with our older aircraft still in service. And the F-22A is illegal to sell to foreign powers, although Japan, Australia, and Israel have all considered placing orders for dumbed-down versions lacking the sensitive electonics that bar the F-22A from export.

6) Cost is half of the F22, yet performance is on par, however the F22 has thrust vectoring, and so does the Eurofighter (i think), but with the addition of forward ailerons, and coupled with the thrust vectoring, our pilots can "throw" our aircraft around the sky.

Being able to throw the aircraft around doesn't really matter much, since both are more manuverable than any human pilot could reasonably expect to be able to control and remain conscious.

On the flip side though,.. how likely is it that the F22 and the EF2000 will go head to head in actual combat?

Besides,.. get close enough and the gun shall be victorious.  ;)

Depends on when it is that Saudi Arabia stops being a friend to the West.

jag, eddie, seki, night raven, if you want to discuss which is the best fighter plane, go start a what am best plane thread for the mods to lock, after all everyone knows that the sheer class of the old navy F14D wins every time

any further argument WILL require its own thread please

now back to peoples pretty wallpapers

DEAR PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD,

The only purpose of jet planes is to look cool, for photos that appear as our desktops

Kindly kill yourself ASAP if you dont understand this. I can PM several ways if you need help.

ohhh, and

picture1nm2.png

ORIGINAL CONTENT™™™™™

Am surprised Long cat hasn't made a cameo here yet D:

loar murking plz, Crandall already posted the longcat v. tacgnol WP here

Edited by SilentScope