Splinter Cell

Butter18c

It's pretty hard to replicate what Sam Fisher looks like. But I have an idea that might work. For along time I've been trying to find clothes that would make absolutely no sound so that I could "sneak up" on people. Then I got this idea that would be kind of cool. How about a wetsuit with some tactical gear over it? It wouldnt make near as much sound as anything else, and it would be very manuverable. I guess it might look a bit like Fisher's. What do you guys think?

If you want his original outfit from the first game, the only hard thing to do is the goggles and the vest.

Subdued Urban BDU Pants with a long Under Armour top would work. Then you need the tactical vest. I haven't yet found one much like his, but a lot of the time, it looks like he's using an FLC in Chaos Theory. I'm currently working on some goggles. They require some pretty good knowledge of electrical wiring and such. Diving goggles, a sodering iron, and some LEDs would help.

To comment on the wet suit.

I have an airsofting buddy who swears by wearing a wet suit when he plays woodland. He says it does indeed get hot, but apparently feels great, leaves him totally mobile and silent. He also enjoys sneaking up on people.

The real bonus according to him is that mosquitos cannot penetrate the wet suit to get their bites in, which has happened with regular cotton/ripstop BDU's plunty of times (crazy skeeters here in Illinois apparently).

Also it's full body poison ivy/oak/sumac protction if that is an issue.

If the extra warmth doesn't bother you it seems like a viable bit of skirmishing gear, not that I would go out to buy one for 'softing.

'course the prospect of being a Sam Fisher look-alike and scaring the *fruitcage* out of anyone else out there makes the heat even more easy to ignore...

Not to discourage anyone, but wearing a wetsuit in a woodland game would be an awful experience. They feel great in the water, but they are way too hot if you plan to run around all day. Plus running in them dry can start to make certain areas feel very uncomfortable. Here is a picture of some fake SF with UA longsleves, and the two on the left have a FN200 and a P90. This picture was taken from the USCav catalogue.

gallery_2496_73_12334.jpg

I have a UN shirt. Not for work though :(

Goggle wise- depends on the budget, but sovietbazaar have relativly cheap  NVGs, and there's always some suspect stuff on ebay...

Well you see, you can't just use any NVGs. Then you'll be some idiot in tight clothing running around with NVGs. You need the 3 lenses. That is the Splinter Cell trademark. That's what makes or breaks the costume. I'm working on some with some diving goggles with PVC piping and plexiglass as the lense with 3 LEDs at the edge of each lense. To create the hazy green look, you have to either sand the lense and scratch it up, or put Satin Scotch Tape over it to spread the glow of the LEDs. It takes some minor electrical work, but it's not terribly difficult. It turns out i could drill through the lense of my SCUBA goggles (extremely tough...don't know why i couldn't) so i had to abandon my internal wiring idea. However, i'm still using an internal battery pack (really just a 9v battery located in the side of the goggles). The external switch goes on the side. Push up=Turns on the LEDs. Push down=Turns off the LEDs. The goggle project alone will cost about $50-70.

the only hard thing to do is the goggles and the vest.

the goggles can be picked up easily but depends on what they are if there the latest technology in night vision (gen 4) then your expected to pay something like $1459 but if you want a simple yet affordable pair of night vision goggles (gen 1) then your looking to pay $329.

here take a look at the one's im looking to get some time.

Night vision gogles.

His suit is made up of a wet suit type material. with water vains running through it. he can adjust the water temperature. and it is thermal evasionable. (is that a word.) any way basicly he has water running through the suit to keep him warm or cool. The suit actually exsist I just dont remember who has it.

Archived