G&G UMG Quick Review

Cool, I'm looking forward to its release!! The 280FPS doesn't bother me, since I'll be upgrading it to my field limit anyway. They probably made it lower than their other guns thinking this will be attractive to CQB players. The hop up bucking being sub par isn't unexpected, but is disappointing nonetheless. The inner barrel is a sticking point, 205mm is awfully small. I don't think Prometheus makes anything shorter than 229. But really, with a barrel that short I'm not sure it's worth bothering.

Does anyone else think it's odd that it doesn't come with the suppressor pictured on the box? The promo shots for the gun also show this suppressor. Though I suppose the sites I've seen state that the suppressor isn't included are all US sites, which makes sense. Does anyone know if the suppressor will ship with the gun internationally?

I also don't like the fact that G&G hasn't released a low-cap for the M14, and have only announced a hi-cap for the UMG. This isn't a good sign for players like myself who prefer low-caps. :( I'm still planning on buying one though!

I also don't like the fact that G&G hasn't released a low-cap for the M14, and have only announced a hi-cap for the UMG. This isn't a good sign for players like myself who prefer low-caps. :( I'm still planning on buying one though!

It said on there that it came wait the locap, and that hicaps for the UMP will come later.

The UMG also comes with a standard capacity magazine ( the 530 round high capacity magazine will also be available), side folding stock and threaded barrel for other attachment.
Edited by Phoenix

There is a barrel for the G3 SAS, it's 208mm, that might work.

The review said 500 bbs then the battery died. We don't know if that battery was fully charged, or if it was some cell that's been to hell and back. The reviewr used an 8.4V 600 mAh stick battery. A 8.4V 1700mAh would be a better choice for longer use.

As for lowcap and hicap mags, the market would dictate both, but I'm a midcap man so...

• 2 weeks later...