Hydration

doc_newstead

Any ex-Regiment here; what hydration system did you use when you were serving? I want to get a system for my British Army impression, and Arktis do a 2.5L 'Hump' in DPM, but Camelbak seem to have the pedigree as far as quality and recommendations go.

I want to keep in theme in with the British look, so would rather get the DPM option, but if you all dreamt about Camelbak systems when you were serving, and that's what the discerning squaddie would rather own, then I'll allow myself to get one :)

Any response will do; waiting on advice before ordering here.

thanks in advance,

dr_newstead

I'd say go with the CamelBak anyway - many of their systems are small enough to hide in a pouch of some sort (like the 1.5l Pakteen), so it doesn't really matter what colour it is.

The thing to remember also, is that even if you get an 'authentic' one, it's unlikely to be as strong as a CamelBak, surely.

Then again I know nothing about the UK Army so that post may be totally irrelevant - I just own a CamelBak Pakteen.

Could do, but then it'll just be a CamelBak, and nothing else. That said, I have seena lot of the more elite UK soldiers using proper CamelBaks.

I have the 1.5l Pakteen and it's really quite small - small enough to fit into a lot of thigh pouches and butt-packs quite easily.

Archived