SAS CRW kit

Diemaco

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of MOE, i was under the impression they used the vicious looking 2 pronged hooligan bar above sledge hammers, mainly becuase you can pry with them too. and although i'm not hard nut sas (obviously :rolleyes: ), i wouldn't fancy legging it round with a sledge hammer strapped to my back lol

Cheers

Mig

The current issue MOE kit was specially developed by Dynamic Entry and comprises the following items:

Boltmaster Bolt Cutters

UK Halligan Tool

CQB Entry Ram

I have attached a picture of the complete kit, although it is probably impossible to get hold of unless you are police or military.

Cheers

Rifleman

:alien:

• 3 weeks later...
Speaking of MOE, i was under the impression they used the vicious looking 2 pronged hooligan bar above sledge hammers, mainly becuase you can pry with them too. and although i'm not hard nut sas (obviously :rolleyes: ), i wouldn't fancy legging it round with a sledge hammer strapped to my back lol

Cheers

Mig

Thundersledge or likewise

this thread needs another picture!

Me in my CRW loadout.

crwsas16xg.jpg

yers the mask is askew, due to my daughter attacking me with a pillow just before the shot was taken.  :D

nice pic, could you list the stuff you bought and where from. How much was the vest? and where from?

ebay.co.uk

I guess they would take them with them if they feared a gas attack.

operationally and in training CS gas is let off in the building as they enter. the S10 also have fitted tinted lenses to save your eyes getting blinded every time a flash bangs goes into a room.

far east nice set up.

im going to make my CRW kit again. I know where to get everything cept for the tinted outserts, i got them on ebay and that guy doesnt sell em anymore. Anyone know where to get another set or if you wanna sell a pair to me ill buy for 150 -170 USD tops.

• 1 month later...

it got mentioned earlier but i figured i'd repeat it (sorry Diemaco), the entry kit tends towards the hallgan tool and a thundersledge, its a weird looking thing, basically a giant ceramic mallet with an angled head and a foot long handle used for mashing in locks and...well, anything daft enough to be in the way. though the MOE Rifleman showed is sometimes used its big and heavy, so when an op requires the team to go though a building where there are lots of internal doors, the thundersledge comes out instead. the MOE is more of a breaching kit for external doors and maybe be brought in if the team reaches something that they can't get around using a cutting charge (might be hostages on the other side) or the big black mallet.

the use of respirators (and the 'blacksuit' in general) has an ulterior purpose. the psychological impact of a six foot tall maniac with a gun is emphasized somewhat when the maniac in question is wearing black, and a weird looking mask. this means the SAS assault team don't look human, they don't look like 'soft targets' and they sure as hell don't look like they are going to stop for some jackass waving an AK about the place. many terrorists receive minimal training, if any, so when faced with a highly motivated individual with all this gear on (as simple as it sounds) the idea is they they get scared, and hesitate. then they die.

hope that helped, apologies for the psycolgy babble, comes with my occupation ;)

The SAS don't use the thundersledge, that is a BHI product. From the pics that I have seen they just use a Black sledge hamme, alot cheaper, and the MOE guys don't use PE4 to do walls in anymore, it could harm hostages, they use a wall breaching cannon and det cord on hinges etc. And, yes you are right about the ulterior purpose

The SAS don't use the thundersledge, that is a BHI product. From the pics that I have seen they just use a Black sledge hamme, alot cheaper, and the MOE guys don't use PE4 to do walls in anymore, it could harm hostages, they use a wall breaching cannon and det cord on hinges etc. And, yes you are right about the ulterior purpose

How can you say they DON'T use it? You're not a member of the unit and I doubt you have a copy of their SOPs or stores list..

The thundersledge is used all over the place, even by a few police units and by the SAS.

• 2 months later...

This thread is null and void really because what the SAS use changes evey couple of months, not to mention it is entirely based on whatever the ###### they have near them at the time.

Also all this footage of 'SAS' guys storming killhouses is fake, the SAS DO NOT release footage of them training and anyone who does release it is in breach of the official secrets act or something. Also I think you will find the SAS use live round never blanks.

Archived