SAS CRW kit

Diemaco

Not true Pariah

Weapons and Uniform setups are changed rarely. There are two main reasons for this :

1. The setups have suited the SAS units well when on deployments.

2. The sight of seeing one of these chaps running at you with an Mp5 or M16 would make a guy wanna die there and then.

Diemaco good work we should make a young'ens team.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm SWAT every picture of the SAS in the last 20 years, every diffrent time/war they are wearing something different, this is because they like to stay up to date.

I mean come on yeah they pick whatever they want to wear to wear on most missions, such as the bedouin camel skin coats or whatever, they wore them because they where there and it suited them.

Also you think they have been using those particular door breaching equipment for a long time you would be wrong, they change what they use because they don't want to be outdated. They test everything that could be a likely replacement and if it is better they will replace it, without hesitation.

You say they hardly change weapons? really because they used to use FN fals and all sort that they no longer use because these have been replaced by better weapons such as the g3 in the case of the fal.

Clothing uniform? the SAS don't use uniform, they wear whatever they want from civilian jackets to ww2 kit to modern state of the art stuff which is out of most peoples price range, the only reason ct teams dress in black is because they all think it looks cool and menacing, often they don't even wear the same as the guy next to them, even ct teams.

Everything I said still stands, if the SAS did not change kit they would be outdated and beaten, no matter how well trained.

Very true about the clothes and weapons, I can feel a thread locking though because the FAL and the G3 has nothingto do with this topic. The FAL/G3 thing is a bit like the M16/C8 change. Also this is not footage I have seen it is out of a Barry Davis book.

Very true about the clothes and weapons, I can feel a thread locking though because the FAL and the G3 has nothingto do with this topic. The FAL/G3 thing is a bit like the M16/C8 change. Also this is not footage I have seen it is out of a Barry Davis book.

How can the FAL/G3 thing be like the M16/C8? The FAL and the G3 are totally differant rifles that use total diffrent locking mechanisms and only share the same calibur. Whereas the C8 is basically a Canadian M16.

I was pre-empting the video stuff, I have seen loads of 'reconstructions' and stuff on the internet. I realised you got yours from a book.

I have actually read the whole topic ;)

im going to make my CRW kit again. I know where to get everything cept for the tinted outserts, i got them on ebay and that guy doesnt sell em anymore. Anyone know where to get another set or if you wanna sell a pair to me ill buy for 150 -170 USD tops.

There's currently a set of lenses for sale on ebay at the moment Link or this company sell them as well Link. I know they'relisted as FM12 respirator lenses but the FM12 appears to be the S10 but without the raised rubber strip around the edge.

How can the FAL/G3 thing be like the M16/C8? The FAL and the G3 are totally differant rifles that use total diffrent locking mechanisms and only share the same calibur. Whereas the C8 is basically a Canadian M16.

Well they started using G3s instead of FALs and then started using C8s instead of M16s. Just because they fire a different bullet doesn't mean that they cannot be phased in/out in kinda the same way, the C8 is a Canadian M4 btw not an M16.

There's currently a set of lenses for sale on ebay at the moment Link or this company sell them as well Link.  I know they'relisted as FM12 respirator lenses but the FM12 appears to be the S10 but without the raised rubber strip around the edge.

The FM12 tinted out serts do not fit an S10

This thread needs more pictures..

100_1696sml.jpg

Img_0901sml.jpg

Rgds

Redtroop

http://www.redtroop.com

The FM12 tinted out serts do not fit an S10

This thread needs more pictures..

Finally

Someone who actually has some knowledge rather that bitching about "they do this/oh no they don't!"

How the hell whould any of you know what is recently used by SAS CRW teams? Are you actually a SF solider? No

you can only roughly guess and recreate what you have seen, read and watched.

sorry to rant but this thread will most likely be locked if it just becomes a conflict zone.

Nice to see you on here redtroop

as ever loving the pictures

oh and just for the record they do use blanks

no they dont they use live rounds for these reasons

1) it helps them get used to the noise of the live rounds (if you fire blank and live you will know the difference)

2) it helps them get there sights right. its no good going into a room and firing blanks because you cant tell if you have hit the target in the right place with live you can and then you can judge the grouping and change the sights each time you go into the killing house therefore hitting the target in the right place.

They can choose their weapons but for anti-terrorist work is mainly standard issue to have MP5 an P226, some use G36c and some use 5.7 but with the quality of P226, glocks are rarely used and USPs virtually non-existant within the regiment.

And how would know that?; that USPs are virtually non-existant within the regiment?

That pic isn't a bad impression. I especially like the fact you don't have a red-dot or any other useless aiming device on your mp5, very SAS of you!

A few things I should clear up... the CRW have different bits of kit used for different situations, there's not just one CRW uniform they always don because its not always the same type of problem to fix. Plus two, each team member has a slightly different loadout depending on their specific job.

Specially made ceramic armoured vests with dropdown crotch guards are used by pointmen or the people on the sharpend of an entry. other team members would be wearing something a little lighter to help them move faster during room clearances. Either a lighter version of the armoured vest or a specially made grenade/cs/flashbang vest with a similar pouch arrangement to this one made by blackhawk http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.as...duct_id=1929&d= but on a totally different pattern similar to the suede vests used in the Prince's Gate seige in 1980.

Looking at the pic on the forum again I'm pretty sure he's wearing the black version of that Blackhawk load-bearing vest but with something underneath as well. The rappelling harness he's wearing is the Blackhawk Special Operations Light Adjustable Rappel (SOLAR) Harness (or something very similar). Looks like a Blackhawk Carabina and figure of 8 also. The holster he has isnt blackhawk looks like a non military company like guarder or viper, as does the dropleg mag holder.

The CRW use leather tactical gear made by Paul Evers company 'Holsters International' The Model 47 Special Forces buckle-less gunbelt is a great bit of kit as is the Model 4A Long Drop Tactical Holster. Email Paul at holstersintl@fsbdial.co.uk

As far as pistols go, Browning HP is the regiments weapon of choice and has been for a while but they're all slowly breaking beyond repair so any new pistols they buy are sigs. Other than that people use which ever pistol they can get their hands on really.

CRW wear DARK BLUE.

Edit: AND DON'T USE BLANKS!

Archived