SAS CRW kit

Diemaco

Lads lads, no point arguing! :)

The point here is that the list is not and will never be exhaustive. Unlike conventional units there is an element of personal preference to the kit and weapons used as long as they're available and in line with the parameters of the op and the rest of the team. For example you wouldn't be carrying a 7.62 primary weapon in a soft skinned building with hostages for examples, you risk firing straight through walls and killing anyone standing byond your field of fire. There are of course other issues but you get the point.

To summarise, the list is not exhaustive!

Cheers

Oakers :)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glocks and USPs aren't issue, I was suprised that they used the 5.7 to be honest. I don't understand how any terrorist thinks that they stand a chance against the men in black.

I'm surprised to hear of them using the Five-seveN too - unless the P90 has also entered service, it seems an odd choice.

I can't say I'm a great fan of the Five-seveN, to be honest, even though the P90's a lovely gun; the balance is very odd, because of the composite construction and high mag capacity. With a full mag it's very rear-heavy, and as the mag's emptied the centre of gravity moves right up towards the muzzle. Must play havoc with the groupings unless you're really used to it.

the use of respirators (and the 'blacksuit' in general) has an ulterior purpose. the psychological impact of a six foot tall maniac with a gun is emphasized somewhat when the maniac in question is wearing black, and a weird looking mask. this means the SAS assault team don't look human,  they don't look like 'soft targets' and they sure as hell don't look like they are going to stop for some jackass waving an AK about the place. many terrorists receive minimal training, if any, so when faced with a highly motivated individual with all this gear on (as simple as it sounds) the idea is they they get scared, and hesitate. then they die. 

Exactly. In fact, most have become practically immune to CS and similar lachrymatory agents, and the respirators are often ignored in training. That way, should they become dislodged in action, any gas seepage won't take the squaddie out of action. So arguably the masks' main function in combat is a psychological one.

hes right, its also standard for met police i belive. but the regement use sigs, deffinately... i spend most of my time with guys in my regement who dream of joining, and its one of thier fav topics...

As I understand it, the Metropolitan Police use the Glock as their standard sidearm.

Anyway, I'd be sceptical of taking the word of people who "dream of joining" the SAS as gospel; far better to find people who are serving or ex-SAS to ask. I've been fortunate enough to meet a few (that is, a few that I've been able to verify, and a lot who've claimed to be ex-SAS :rolleyes: ) who have been able to help me get my own SAS kit together.

I'm still working on a few of the details, and this is a modified version I use as STARS kit for Resident Evil games, but close enough (note also the USP instead of the P226; at the time these pics were taken, my P226 and Safariland 6004 were still on order):

Dscn4113.jpg

(Yes, that's my little runabout in the background. Ex-RAF, Defender 90. Far more fun than a second-hand Fiesta, I thought.)

SAS-news.jpg

(And yes, that second pic is faked. I was in a very cynical mood when I made it.)

• 4 weeks later...

Damn nice pictures!

I play CQB and now I want to make an SAS cqb equipment too.

I like the "field" soldier more and have a "perfect" equipment. I only use PLCE and real stuff, I hate Web-tex. But for my CQB equipment, I just want the look, I m very happy, if anyone can list his equipment and where he bought from, thanks.(give's +1 ;) )

For Guns:

I take a P226 from KJW

and a MP5a5 from ICS

much thanks

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Just here to back some things up :) They do use live rounds in the kiling house for the same reasons some one said back there. The walls of the kiling house have rubber of some sort attached or draped in front of them im not sure how. but its so the bullet will pass through and not richochet and come back out.

Also here are some pictures out of Chris Ryans ''the one that got away''

SASwithpm.jpg

Explosiveentry.jpg

The walls of the kiling house have rubber of some sort attached or draped in front of them im not sure how. but its so the bullet will pass through and not richochet and come back out.

In the old 'Killing House' I believe it was done via large sheets of maroon/dark red highly dense rubber suspended (from the ceiling) an inch or two in front of each wall/hard surface (to reduce the incidence of ricochets as powelly says).

In the old 'Killing House' I believe it was done via large sheets of maroon/dark red highly dense rubber suspended (from the ceiling) an inch or two in front of each wall/hard surface (to reduce the incidence of ricochets as powelly says).

Yeah that is how they do it, that's also how they make the bullet stop at my local TA center on the range. Seems very effective, never had a ricochet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read several articles stating thee main advantage of the Five-seveN is its high penetration. Personally I wouldnt want to shoot right through a terrorist and into someone who you may not be able to see behind him. Although I guess they must work out the risks.

Also (bearing in mind I read this on the internet somewhere so it may not be 100% accurate) I have heard that a military team (forget which country) had adopted the P90 as one of its weapons and in a firefight with 3 terrorists 2 of them survived, even though both of them had been hit 6-7 times, as the bullets passed straight through them causing very little damage.

I thought the point of using a .45 over a 9x19 was to stop penetration and transfer all the power into stopping the enemy. In which case 5.7mm would be the opposite of what is needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found a couple of good links for those wishing to put together an SAS CRW loadout

www.ansontactical.com They're now doing a replica intervention suit. Its not a current design but I believe it is a design that has been in use at some point.

www.ukkitmonster.com This nifty wee site supplies those hard to get leather holsters that are crafted by Paul Evers which are known to be used by various UK special forces and armed police units. Not only that theres some nice genuine issue intervention suits, complete with stun grenade burns :P.

Can't be assed looking through as it's all repetative:

http://redtroop.com/

Forgive me if it's already said, There site and there forums will help you out with SaS kit.

"They use this", "no they dont, they use that"- No one on this site can confirm 100% anything they use or normally use as no-one as been there. Half the rubbish is word of mouth, rumours.

Stop arguing ! It's airsoft !

• 4 weeks later...
Can't be assed looking through as it's all repetative:

http://redtroop.com/

Forgive me if it's already said, There site and there forums will help you out with SaS kit.

"They use this", "no they dont, they use that"- No one on this site can confirm 100% anything they use or normally use as no-one as been there. Half the rubbish is word of mouth, rumours. 

Stop arguing ! It's airsoft !

exactly

if you read a lot of the sas books you will find they use the tools needed to get the job done, crw is something that is constantly changing they are constantly trying new weapons, my best advice for all you geardos out there is to buy some sas books, some of them do list a few pieces of the current issue gear. but your best bet is to find a pic of an SAS Soldier and do this crazy thing called improvise

the reason the sas are so good is no one knows exactly what they use

the element of suprise!!!!!!

also people going on about this shoot to kill policy of the sas are making me want to scream

there is no such thing as a shoot to kill policy

if someones coming towards you firing a weapon you dont think hmmm this is his leg ill shoot him there, if he gets shot and he survives good luck to him if he get shot and hes dead hard luck you shouldnt of been doing what you where doing...

The SAS policy is shoot to kill, how about you read some SAS books. Hell interviews with the guys from the embacy siege say they always shoot to kill. The normal British forces policy is shoot to stop. It's a subtle difference but it is a difference.

Which may I say are at least 15 years out of date, no official info has been released in the last 15 years at least. Ex members are also no longer allowed to release details of their time in the reg.

TBH if you're going for a CRW look just get the gucciest black kit you can find with a Respirator and you already look the part.

The SAS policy is shoot to kill, how about you read some SAS books.  Hell interviews with the guys from the embacy siege say they always shoot to kill.  The normal British forces policy is shoot to stop.  It's a subtle difference but it is a difference.

Which may I say are at least 15 years out of date, no official info has been released in the last 15  years at least.  Ex members are also no longer allowed to release details of their time in the reg.

TBH if you're going for a CRW look just get the gucciest black kit you can find with a Respirator and you already look the part.

thats my point how can you shoot to wound somebody when they are coming towards you firing. read my post

as for reading SAS books Evoracer will confirm my extensive libary of andy mcnab, chris ryan and SAS and weapon books

any books on the sas are out of date anyway but you can use it to get an idea

Fk Gucci.

Don't need to remortgage the house to look similar to the SaS part.

Find a pic and improvise ad Pugboy says, best way. None of us know what they use/using or have used. And tbh i'd rather not know- if i knew then they've already failed.

Anyway all these pages on this don't justify it's cause. No need for them all.

I'm just going to use the Embacy siege as an example of the shoot to kill policy and mentality of the reg. At the end of the siege when they where leading the hostages out. One of the hostages alerted the SAS that one of the hostage takers had disguised himself as a hostage.

The SAS proceded to try and drag the guy back into the embacy and shoot him. The SAS are also known to shoot people once they are down to make sure they are dead. The aim of SAS CRW team is always to kill.

For people as highly trained as the SAS it's not hard to shoot to wound, but they never will, it's always as many shots as needed to the head or center body mass.

My point was you said there was no such thing as a shot to kill policy, which is ######s, the SAS's policy is shoot to kill, all other forces it is shoot to stop. If the SAS shoot a guy and he survives chances are they'll shoot him again.

TBH I find several parts of your post insulting, for instance "the reason the sas are so good is no one knows exactly what they use" seems like you are saying that all the training effort and skill is nothing compared to the fact no one knows what they will be using kit wise.

Also chances are non of the kit listed in SAS books is current issue as it a breach of the agreement SAS members sign to release those sort of details. Also the kit they use changes everytime an improvement is made, this policy was implimented over 15 years ago, so unless no improvements have been made to a piece of kit in the last 15 years, all the kit listed in those books will have changed.

Basicly what I'm saying is your post contains at least one thing that is blatantly wrong and that this thread is pointless because the only people that could help are legally bound not to say anything.

Just get some black kit and try to make it look menacing, the only accurate CRW loadout you can do is one based around Andy Mcnab's time. Doesn't even have to be Gucci just has to look the part.

The SAS are also known to shoot people once they are down to make sure they are dead.  The aim of SAS CRW team is always to kill.

As to the first part, damn straight. If you consider the situations in which the SAS will be called upon to exercise their skills under the MAC-P (Military Aid to the Civilian Power) rules ie: hijackings, sieges etc. you'll find that the SAS won't normally be called in unless the police believe themselves to be facing people who are prepared to kill hostages and themselves to achieve their goal. In this situation even a wounded man can still pull the pin from a grenade or activate a detonator. The general philosphy is, quite rightly, never leave a wounded enemy behind you.

As to the second part, there have been several notable cases where SAS CRW teams have been involved and have resolved the situation without resorting to firearms. These include Peterhead Prison in 1987 where a hostage was rescued by members of the regiment using staves, CS and flashbangs; or the Balcombe Street siege of 1975 where 4 members of the IRA surrendered upon hearing the news that the SAS had arrived and were preparing to storm the building.

For people as highly trained as the SAS it's not hard to shoot to wound, but they never will, it's always as many shots as needed to the head or center body mass.

You try shooting someone in the arm or leg in a combat situation; it's very easy to miss because the extremities move so much. This is why all soldiers are trained to shoot for the centre of the body mass. The centre of the torso doesn't move much at all and makes the probability of a hit that much higher. The reason the SAS are taught to shoot for the head, and particularly the base of the nose, is that behind this target lie the brain stem and cerebellum without which nothing functions.

My point was you said there was no such thing as a shot to kill policy, which is ######s, the SAS's policy is shoot to kill, all other forces it is shoot to stop.  If the SAS shoot a guy and he survives chances are they'll shoot him again.

As to this, you should remember that under MAC-P rules, SAS troops are accountable to the civilian power and should it be judged that excessive force was used, the soldier could face trial and imprisonment. If you're called upon to exercise lethal force options, whether police or military, if you fanny around trying to shoot to stop, someone usually gets killed, either a innocent bystander, a fellow officer or soldier or even you. It's a split second call, do I shoot the guy or do I let him shoot me, my friends or the hostage.

If you ever see an SAS member in a civilian court, remember to tell me.

Many accusations have been made against SF personel, none have ever been prosecuted under civilian laws or by civilian authorities in this country. The SAS actually are offered complete anominity. You'll never see an SAS member in a civilian court because their names are never released.

I believe you will find in Ireland, the SAS executed 3 IRA members who were face down on the ground, no one even tried to charge the SAS. Many killing like this happened and no member of the SAS was even blamed/accused. The SAS also broke orders not to enter Ireland, the most any SAS member has been charged for was a firearms offense after being caught by Irish police in Ireland during the troubles.

I think you'll find the SAS are a law unto themselves.

Also what is meant by the shoot to stop policy is as many shots as needed aimed at the centre body mass to stop your opponent, a soldier following this will be charged for excessive force if they shoot him again after he is down, basicly they have to use minimum force.

Whereas the SAS are shoot to kill, they aim to kill their opponents if they shoot them. They will also not be prosecuted if they unload a mag into a guy when he's on the floor because they aim to kill so there is no such thing as excessive force, when following a shoot to kill policy.

If you ever see an SAS member in a civilian court, remember to tell me.

Many accusations have been made against SF personel, none have ever been prosecuted under civilian laws or by civilian authorities in this country.  The SAS actually are offered complete anominity.  You'll never see an SAS member in a civilian court because their names are never released.

I believe you will find in Ireland, the SAS executed 3 IRA members who were face down on the ground, no one even tried to charge the SAS.  Many killing like this happened and no member of the SAS was even blamed/accused.  The SAS also broke orders not to enter Ireland, the most any SAS member has been charged for was a firearms offense after being caught by Irish police in Ireland during the troubles.

I think you'll find the SAS are a law unto themselves.

Also what is meant by the shoot to stop policy is as many shots as needed aimed at the centre body mass to stop your opponent, a soldier following this will be charged for excessive force if they shoot him again after he is down, basicly they have to use minimum force.

Whereas the SAS are shoot to kill, they aim to kill their opponents if they shoot them.  They will also not be prosecuted if they unload a mag into a guy when he's on the floor because they aim to kill so there is no such thing as excessive force, when following a shoot to kill policy.

I'm rubbing my nipples.

Archived