There was a minor bug in the posts table last night, it's fixed now (just needed a quick repair). Sorry for the inability to read certain things in the forums while the problem was going on this morning, but then again it is the weekend and we should all be out getting sunburnt like me yesterday ;)

There was a minor bug in the posts table last night, it's fixed now (just needed a quick repair). Sorry for the inability to read certain things in the forums while the problem was going on this morning, but then again it is the weekend and we should all be out getting sunburnt like me yesterday ;)

Minor problems?

When I woke up at 1am this morning I found that only the forum index would work.

IF I clicked ANYTHING else I got the SQL error page.

I was gutted. I had to go back to bed with the missus!

Occasionally the large heavily used SQL tables get corrupted, then they just need a simple repair to get them running again. I should really have a scheduled checker running to check the tables periodically that fixes any tables that need it, but as it happens so infrequently I've not got around to it yet.

So going back to bed with the missus was that bad? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

It appeared that everything else was working except the forum posts. I was able to browse the other sections of the site, edit my user profiles, even use the PM systm, and I noticed new members could register too (though it'd been sucky when the new members found out they couldn't post or read others' posts right away). :P