GBB recoil

Hissing_Sid

I agree with Sid. My G19 has a helluva kick especially as I have lightened the slide a bit now! Enough to put you off your aim easily.

My DE HK has a slower more flummmp kick, maybe as hard, but not as fast so it seems to have less kick. The glock is just fun to shoot ^_^

McM

I think in order to fairly decide which has a harder "kick" is to have a metal slide on both replicas. The metal slide is heavier than the stock (plastic) slide on the desert eagle therefore having more force in the cycle. When i upgraded to a metal slide and frame on my DE i definitely felt a stronger "kick". I can not speak for the G19 though because i have never fired it.

• 5 months later...

I remember correctly, my old Glock 18c had an issue. It all the sudden out of no where started to kick like a real gun (9mm). I wasn't shooting it, nor do i own any real steel, but the guy who was said it was like his real 9mm Berretta. It has much to do with the recoil rod. I figured out mine was set off differently, and yes, it damaged the gun. So just check yours over and make sure its all in the right place.

I feel the M11 gave me the most kick of all guns i've used, maybe the M93R too...

A buddy used to use a metal slided KSC G17 for skirmishes (now switched to my latest TM Hi-Capa project, wise choice) for a long time.

He found that the gas flow of stock KSC Glock mags would vary wildly from mag to mag. By hand-picking a handful of mags out of a whole bunch, his G17 would push insane, unmentionable fps, though still with quite large fps-variations from shot to shot. The gun would always suck in the cold, though, regardless of mag.

In conclusions, it is understandable why KSC/KWA Glock users have such different experiences. The mags are hit and miss.

Here's my non-scientific thoughts on the issue.

I've had various gas guns, the current arsenal consisting of a KWC Mini UZI CO2, KSC Glock 17 with G&P metal slide, and a KSC USP Compact. I also used to have a full metal KSC M11. Having collected, carried, and used real guns a lot longer than airsoft, I can say with good certainty that they don't kick, recoil, or flip anywhere CLOSE to that of real firearms, the only possible legitimate comparison being a .22 LR pistol.

With a real gun you have two forces to consider that contribute to recoil - the inertia of the projection of the bullet, and the cycling of the slide. Anyone who's fired an NBB knows the former is not a factor in airsoft, which leaves the recoiling slide as the only possible source of recoil energy. Because this force is applied parallel to the bore axis, the recoil force should not give any muzzle rise aside from a barely significant rotational force as the rear of the slide bottoms out, and inertia causes a pivotal rotation at the firer's hand. This is quickly countered as the recoil spring drives the slide forward again and restores balance. This cycle is usually felt as more of a vibration or light push, and the lack of a heavy bullet several grams in weight as opposed to fractions thereof, at the muzzle end contributing its own inertia, negates muzzle rise.

The amount of force applied ought to be a function of a combination of the following factors:

- the weight of the slide

- the length and shape (weight distribution) of the slide

- the power of the recoil spring

- the weight of the frame

- the amount and type of gas cycled through the system

I doubt a subject such as this warrants a scientific study, since as others have pointed out the amount of kick felt is entirely subjective. Pistols are typically purchased with aesthetics as the primary motivating factor with the recoil force usually secondary or tertiary; I'd rank accuracy and reliability higher than the felt amount of recoil.

The most kick from an airsoft pistol would have to be the WEI tech Hi Capa.

This is the only gas blowback that has made my hand pivot enough to not be able to fire as soon as possible afterwards. which is wierd because you hardly feel anything when fired.

I have also fired a Marui Hi capa and TM D.E. but neither of them created as much movement.

Farry

I doubt a subject such as this warrants a scientific study, since as others have pointed out the amount of kick felt is entirely subjective. Pistols are typically purchased with aesthetics as the primary motivating factor with the recoil force usually secondary or tertiary; I'd rank accuracy and reliability higher than the felt amount of recoil.

QFT. Which is exactly why I like the TM capa so much - accuracy and reliability.

Archived