There are those that will pipe up and say this is not a real gun, there are those that will say it looks ugly, there are even those who will say you can't wear gloves when you're using it.

And then there are those who have fired it, owned it and loved it.

I obtained this baby second hand from these very forums for the low price of £85, new they will cost you around £90.

The gun itself is a treasure to hold, it feels weighty in the hand and the finish is amazing.

Picture031.jpg

It's available in so many different finishes it has to be seen to be believed, but chrome and black is just the right one for me.

The Dark Hawk is a mixture of a S&W Sigma and a Glock 17

spka27hf.jpg

glock17.jpg

And it is a combination that works amazingly well.

Weight1,100 g

Length 195.0 mm

Capacity 25 rds

I've only run green through this gun but everytime I've fired it it's crono'd at 300 FPS (+/-5%).

The recoil and firing action is as smooth as you could wish for but when you fire it, you know you've fired it. The clink clink sound is music to my ears and the slide cycling forwards looks great in chrome.

Testing the accuracy over 10 meters I managed to get consistant hits on a can of Coke....

I did the required 6 rounds at 5 meters and managed to make a very small hole through the target....

The mag catch protection thingy also makes this an ideal skirmish weapon because no matter how hard I try or how much I roll about on the floor I seem to be unable to accidently drop a mag while the gun is holstered.

The only plastic part on the whole gun is the sliding magazine but plate.

I've shown this pistol to many people (including a leading retailer who is now stocking this range as of this week) and they all seem to be converts to it's beauty and preformance.

All of this and it comes in its own carrying case.

My only niggle is that the rear sights came loose at about 1000 rounds but this was easily solved by screwing them back on. I put 3k more rounds through and it didn't come off.

This gun gets a Razer rating of 9/10

Picture033.jpg

I'd like to thank Eliot from SOUTH WEST AIRSOFT TRADING In Gloucester for the use of his range and crono 9and cans of Coke).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting lookin pistol, hated it when I first saw it, it's not a replica of a real gun after all. Then again perhaps with the present political climate that isn't such a bad thing. If it feels as good in the hand as my WA Sigma, and is full metal it must be a hell of a skirmish pistol! Not sure about the half or total silver models though. Probably better to stick to a black model.

I wonder if their are any non replica lookin rifles on the way?

It's the first pistol I've never had any worries about dropping or, indeed, throwing onto hard surfaces. And yeah it feels as good as the Sigma

good review mate, perhaps i can try it out when i come to Fireball?

It has the Glock upper right? Does this come with the Glock Floating Barrel, or is it a fixed barrel.

Leading on to, hows the accuracy, its quite good from what I hear from your review...

Never really understood why HFC made this (worried about Glock litigation perhaps), but it's interesting to see a review and good to see it's another good performing HFC GBB.

Interestingly, photos on their website show a gun that has a bottom end more like a Glock and a top end like a Springfield XD, although I've never seen this gun for sale anywhere.

Cheers.

Never really understood why HFC made this (worried about Glock litigation perhaps), but it's interesting to see a review and good to see it's another good performing HFC GBB.

Interestingly, photos on their website show a gun that has a bottom end more like a Glock and a top end like a Springfield XD, although I've never seen this gun for sale anywhere.

Cheers.

*albatross* have I believe. I don't like myself, too ugly.

Um... what trades would you put on this? :huh: And why do so many airsofters wibble on about wanting full metal, accurate, powerful GBBs, then moan when one comes along? "It's not a real gun." Big frickin deal. It's not like you look at it and go "That just wouldn't work in real steel." *cough*G3 SAS*cough* If it WERE a real gun, would that make a difference?

:zorro:

Oddly enough it ran through my mind when I was in SWAT (South West Airsoft Trading, Gloucester's only dedicated airsoft store).

But they didn't have any Glocks (HFC) but a KWA Glock mag was a good fit, it just didn't chamber a round...