CA249, inital impressions.

Screwschom

I added the faux bullets myself. I bought 50rd's linked for $20. CA also sells 12 linked rounds for sale. They do not come with the box mag.

Depending on how much milk you drink, it may break your back. It weighs 6.6KG unloaded w/o battery. Add a large battery, box mag, and 2400 bb's, your talking a good 7-8 KG's.

In the US they cost about $930 w/o box mag. Since I have a resale licenscee I got it for quite a bit cheaper.

On the bottom of the box mag (which uses one small 9v battery) there is a green button. Push it in part way and it will wind until you let go, push it in until it clicks and it will wind until you push the button again. Amazingly, NO FEEDING PROBLEMS!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't a 2000 mah battery needs to be recharged after around 2400 rounds?

I have a 2000 mAh 9.6v battery in my Spetsnaz and I've put 4000 rounds through it in one day with no problems. I think it would die out on me at around 9000 rounds, but I've never even gotten it close to running out of juice, so idk. :P

After some deep thought over night, I have come to the conclusion that I really do NEED one.

Been chatting to my mates as well (were sort of a casual team) and we've pretty much decided to buy one between the 4 of us.

That is of course unless I give in and make the mistake of going in to A2 with my credit card again.

BUGGER!!

dammit i keep coming back to this thread.....i SOOOOOO want one now...think i will have to sell the mp5 and raise another £300-400 depending! bugger :(

why o why did they have to bring this out!! I LOVE IT!

I got a close look at Screwschom's new M249 today, and fired a burst. Boy, this is absolutely the most amazing piece of airsoft hardware I have ever seen! (Screwschom, forgot to ask which spring upgrade did you do?)

However, I don't see me getting one in the near future, not just funding issues, but also the shear weight of the beast, two and a half times as heavy as my M15A4 Carbine! I'm already getting some work out running around with my carbine. I don't think I can carry this around in the field, though the CA M203 would be PERFECT for defending a bunker or a hill.

I also got to fire one recently. The ROF is nice and fast and it seem to fire like any other AEG. The external build quality is very nice and the weight is a good deal heavier than your average AEGs. If you're looking for an M249, the CA seems to be a winner.

Shao, where'd you get to fire a few bursts from yours?

Shao, where'd you get to fire a few bursts from yours?

It's not mine, it's Screwschom's, and he brought it to the field at Windsor where we played, and he let me shoot it a bit. He upgraded the spring but I forgot to ask him which spring he has in it now (he also showed us how easy it is to change the spring. Never seen the ICS M4 split gearbox in action, but can't be any easier than changing the main spring on the M249). With the upgrade, it shot harder than my stock M15, and seemed more accurate too (though no scientific tests were carried out), and the ROF is excellent.

Archived