CA249, inital impressions.

Screwschom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It IS heavy. Luckly a mate if mine let me use his M249 sling curtosey of the US Army. I was very suprised that the bipod and stock did not break off yesterday. It is a Very robust gun. I was worried about the stock breaking off after reading the AEX review.

The spring I put in was a no name Jungle Toy spring that shoots pretty hard.

After about 7-8K rounds yesterday, no complaints at all.

Im 13 :P

And yes I know this gun will be heavy, but im not exactly weak in any way. I had arm surgery last year so I had to go into physical therapy I left that and continued lifting weights and such. So Im sure it will be quite heavy, but with a sling, I think I should be alright :)

My god, you are barely a teen??!! I was thinking maybe 16 or 17. Let's see... when I was 13, I had... oh wait, I didn't have any $1000 toys. YOU ARE SPOILED BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION. All you need is a roof over your head, food in your belly, and some books to get you ready for the SATs. ;)

AND YOU ARE WAY TO YOUNG TO BE CRUSHING ON JMA... SHE'S MINE!!! :)

Apologies for the thread hijack.

My god, you are barely a teen??!! I was thinking maybe 16 or 17. Let's see... when I was 13, I had... oh wait, I didn't have any $1000 toys. YOU ARE SPOILED BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION. All you need is a roof over your head, food in your belly, and some books to get you ready for the SATs. ;)

AND YOU ARE WAY TO YOUNG TO BE CRUSHING ON JMA... SHE'S MINE!!! :)

Apologies for the thread hijack.

:rofl: I concur. :lol:

Enzo, did you get the CA box mag with it?

Also, if you have a hard time finding linked 5.56 talk to me as I have extra I can send you. $5 for 12 linked 5.56 plus shipping.

Also, there is NO POINT in buying extra box magazines. It is about 3 times quicker to pop off the side cover and dump in a bag of ammo than it is to take out the dummy rounds, take out the feeding magzine, and unclip the very tighly held in box mag. I only had to reload in the field once, and it took less than one min.

Yesterday I also installed a 20amp breaker instead of a fuse, so if I pull too much amperage the gun will "over heat" and I will have to wait for it to cool down.... just one more step to realism I guess.

Are enzo and gearboi related?

Anyway dude im struggling to get enough money for an AEG together as it is, and i now have two knackering jobs.

I wish theyd made the Mk 1 because i just can't like that Mk2 stock. You'd never see a squaddy with that lol. Well you probably will soon...

My mate Skeggs is debating whether or not to buy this, or one of these:

http://www.europe-nikon.com/uploads/ndk/Ed...e/D70_Front.jpg

When he bought his first AEG, he wanted a support weapons as well. He works a lot of hours, but never really gets to spend his money, so every 3-4 months he just buys something stupid. I'll try and wear him down... ;)

enzo how the hell can you afford it?, i wouldn't have been able to get that sort of money together at your age, in fact i can barely get it together now :P

LOL, i can't afford one..but i can :blink: i have spent £2000 on 2 bikes in the last 2 years :) and possibly another £600 on things like a airbrush, other bike bits etc :D

i only need to sell a few bits of one of my bikes to be able to afford one, but i don't want to :unsure:

Anyway dude im struggling to get enough money for an AEG together as it is, and i now have two knackering jobs.

same, befor i had a endless supply of money :D i finally come to buying a AEG and i have virtually non :(

NOO WERE NOT RELATED!!!! I got most of the money for this from the sale of my YE MP5, which was going towards an M14, and now its going towards a SAW.

you...you..you..sold a GBB MP5 :o you idiot, i would do anything for a GBB MP5...the closest i can get is lookign at them on MGC :(

*slaps enzo*

Just so some of you CA M249 owners out there, I am a classic army dealer so if you want different grips or a different stock, maybe a new gearbox or something and your having trouble finding it just pop me a over a PM, I also get good prices of the CA stuff and I always pass the savings to my mates on Arnies :).

CA is releasing a Mk1 and a PARA in the furture, when I dont know, but they will be released.

I know you guys will love your 249's , just be sure you get a sling before you skirmish with the 249! You may think its manageable but I soon realized that i loved the sling and my wrist thanked me too.

my 249 will be here on wednesday. ordered the box mag, large 9.v battery, m120, tightbore m16 barrel, G&P feed tray cover with rail...I hope it fits (hehe).

Screwschom, before I go crazy upgrading the heck out of the internals, can you tell me if CA has any available replacement gearboxes already?

Archived