CA249, inital impressions.

Screwschom

Well, just a friendly note that it may not be all fine and dandy, like my friend's one. First up, 31 rounds through the gun and the stock piston was stripped. Open up, replace with a stock marui piston, and after some k's of rounds some bearings have been broken and a few axles cut of the gears. So far my friend is NOT happy at all with the CA249. ~1000euros would've bought a hell of a gun, just not a working CA249, it seems. Most likely something seriously wrong with the whole mechbox.  :angry:

I'm not getting one, that's for sure. :)

That is messed up. I have 20k rounds through the gun, 10k with M130 upgrade and I havent replaces a single part besides spring and bucking.

Contact your dealer, and contact the distobuitor for your dealer. Since it hasnt been 30 days, they should be able to help your friend out.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also has the same experience as SCREWSCHOM. I have fired around 10k of BB and has no trouble at all. No stripped gear or piston. The 'beast' work great. The box magazine work great too, eventhough I heard a lot of complain about the box mag. So I think it's not about the low quality gearbox, maybe something else. Advise, anyone ? ;);)

gotta say, my teammate got the CA249 and 2 box mags

gonna field it Saturday

Was checkin it out last night. thing is massive.....a sling is required.

Field stripping is the best i have seen.....and that mecbox is a friggin brute.

with a metal feed rail and a bit of work, he fit an Elcan scope on it.

without question, the biggest, heaviest, most solid gun airsoft has ever seen.

I also got the m249 and stripped out the piston after 300 rounds.. replaced with a Deep fire half tooth and stripped that as well....

A deep fire with the titanium teeth is on the way.. hope it solves the problem.........

when it was firing it layed out a sh!tload of bb's.... I'll be glad to be at the giving end of this gun....

What were you doing using a half tooth piston with straight gears anyway  :o

Alex "Col Sanders"

it was all i had at the moment... I borrowed a full tooth aluminum piston and it stripped that as well.... so I then pulled the box apart and found a few teeth missing from some of the gears.... I replaced the gears with Systema super Hi torques(had some laying around) and replaced the piston from another gun and the M249 is firing flawlessly... Put 2 box mags(5000 rounds) thru the gun so far and no problems.... I am much more at ease now that it seems to be resolved.... I am taking to an airsoft event tomorrow and will so how it does in the field....

putting 2 box mags thru the gun was actually done pretty quickly as well....

I got my CA249 today, I should be happy about, but unfortunately I am not too impressed so far...

The gun came with an uninstalled (!) rear sight, with only two screws instead of four (!!), and the screws are undersized for the holes on the top cover (!!!). So I can't install the rear sight at all!

Just after unpacking the gun, a small spacer fell out of the receiver (not sure where it belongs) and the outer barrel assy was so loose that it almost landed on ground!

Tonight, I will get my battery for the CA249, but I am expecting the worst!

It's going to ###### you all off when I tell you that I could get a CA249, a boxmag, a chain of rounds, a large 9.6V 3800mAh battery and a sling all for the sum of $6,000HKD.

That's just under 430 quid or $750 USD.

Me love teh Hong Kong Street Prices, and teh Hong Kong Street Prices love me. :P

It's going to ###### you all off when I tell you that I could get a CA249, a boxmag, a chain of rounds, a large 9.6V 3800mAh battery and a sling all for the sum of $6,000HKD.

That's just under 430 quid or $750 USD.

Me love teh Hong Kong Street Prices, and teh Hong Kong Street Prices love me. :P

Now ship it to the US or UK, and if it breaks ship it back to HK for a return. Plus as an american I love to give my country all the tax $$$ I can. AMurrika!

Edit, now dont think for one second that customs agent isnt going to think that M249 would make his son real happy. Even if he lets your happy self have it, godforbid if he openes it he also charges $60. If your in the UK I hear you get to pay VAT tax too.

So now go take your hong kong price and shove it because I was a sucker and paid all that money for one. RARRAH DARKLITE :rocket::ranting2:

Now ship it to the US or UK, and if it breaks ship it back to HK for a return.  Plus as an american I love to give my country all the tax $$$ I can. AMurrika!

Edit, now dont think for one second that customs agent isnt going to think that M249 would make his son real happy. Even if he lets your happy self have it, godforbid if he openes it he also charges $60. If your in the UK I hear you get to pay VAT tax too.

So now go take your hong kong price and shove it because I was a sucker and paid all that money for one.  RARRAH  DARKLITE :rocket:  :ranting2:

I live in Hong Kong, dumbass, so no customs, shipping or delays for me. :P

Well had mine in the field yesterday and it worked great...

HOWEVER THE F*CKING PLASTIC BOX MAG CLIP ON THE TOP OF THE BOX BROKE.............. It did hit my leg ever so gentle when I picked it up to run. Other than that it is truely ans awesome gun.. I resolved my gear box troubles and hopefully I can just get the outer box and swap the interior box mag componants....

Despite my (resolved)troubles with the gun I still give it the thumbs up... The amount of fire it lays down is a wonderful thing....

Does anyone really have flush fit between the outer barrel and receiver on the CA249 (as the manual suggests)?

Mine has 1.5-2mm gap (see below) and I can't push the barrel in deeper, because the "gas regulator" is already flush with the "gas tube" (where the barrel assy connects with the tripod).

http://web.axelero.hu/szlejer2/gap.jpg

I've been reading about the hopup, and someone was stating that setting the hop all the way up will cause bb's to jam, thus causing their piston to strip. Just a word of caution for those of you that have stripped your pistons. http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/arti...rticle&artid=10

Any word back on groupings on this gun in comparison to say a TM AK47?

Does anyone really have flush fit between the outer barrel and receiver on the CA249 (as the manual suggests)?

Mine has 1.5-2mm gap  (see below) and I can't push the barrel in deeper, because the "gas regulator" is already flush with the "gas tube" (where the barrel assy connects with the tripod).

http://web.axelero.hu/szlejer2/gap.jpg

That barrel space is perfectly normal !

As long as you can hold your 249 from the barrel and not have it come out it is fine.

When my M249 came there was a peice of paper in the box stating that if you set the hop up too high like someone mentioned it will strip your piston. My guess is that your hopup may been preset too high or installed incorrectly.

Archived