CA249, inital impressions.

Screwschom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive taken it apart several times now and its still not working.

Its almost as though straight from the factory CA used a screw and ball bearing that was too short.

Im at a loss now as to what i should be doing since i have NO way of fabricating a replacement for that screw.

Im at the point where im going to lock out the fire select mode on the 249 and just leave it in full auto.

Hillslam, i know this is asking alot but if its not too much trouble do you think you could possibly disassemble your unit to show me exactly how the mechanism is supposed to work?

Just by going with what you've outlined here in this thread it appears as though ive got all of the necessary parts. I just want to make sure im not missing anything.

Hillslam, i know this is asking alot but if its not too much trouble do you think you could possibly disassemble your unit to show me exactly how the mechanism is supposed to work?

Just by going with what you've outlined here in this thread it appears as though ive got all of the necessary parts.  I just want to make sure im not missing anything.

Did you check if the sring inside the bolt is free?

In my case, when the small 3mm ball bearing came out of place it damaged the soft alloy bolt an the spring was stuck inside thus not pressing the ball against the grooves in the selector, this cause the looseness of the selector.

The ball bearing inside of the bolt does move but there is a small indentation on the head of the screw that keeps the ball bearing IN the screw.

Should the ball bearing be free to come OUT of the head of the screw?

My mate Skeggs is debating whether or not to buy this, or one of these:

http://www.europe-nikon.com/uploads/ndk/Ed...e/D70_Front.jpg

When he bought his first AEG, he wanted a support weapons as well. He works a lot of hours, but never really gets to spend his money, so every 3-4 months he just buys something stupid. I'll try and wear him down... ;)

Tell your mate to get the Nikon and a CA Armalite and pretend to be a war correspondent :P Always good to have a photographer onboard.

The ball bearing inside of the bolt does move but there is a small indentation on the head of the screw that keeps the ball bearing IN the screw.

Should the ball bearing be free to come OUT of the head of the screw?

There you go, thats the problem! You've to clear the indention so that the ball bearing comes out of the screw, carefull not to lose it! Make sure the spring is free also, put it back together with a bit of grease to hold the ball on top of the spring an screw it on the grip assembly, it should work now :)

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

I'm looking into buying a CA M249 when I noticed the CA249P preorder option on WGCShop. Now it states:

- Metal Feed Cover with Rail

- New Design 8mm Bearing Gear Box

- New Design Hop Up Chamber

- Metal Spring Guide

Only issue is, that I'm looking for the MKII edition. Will there be any new version of the MKII out soon from CA?

And, does anyone know if "Airsoft G.I." will ship to EU (Denmark)? Because their M249 is almost $300 cheaper than the HK one's.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there.

I'm looking into buying a CA M249 when I noticed the CA249P preorder option on WGCShop. Now it states:

- Metal Feed Cover with Rail

- New Design 8mm Bearing Gear Box

- New Design Hop Up Chamber

- Metal Spring Guide

Only issue is, that I'm looking for the MKII edition. Will there be any new version of the MKII out soon from CA?

And, does anyone know if "Airsoft G.I." will ship to EU (Denmark)? Because their M249 is almost $300 cheaper than the HK one's.

Thanks in advance.

These "new design" things are merely a marketing ploy by CA :) All of the versions of the CA249 will have the same hop up, same 8mm gearbox and metal spring guide (unsure on the feed cover with rail however).

Hope that helps a bit,

Chrissy

• 1 month later...

Archived