H&k...

Trigger Happy10

P.S. As for real steel comparison not being suitable in an airsoft forum, why not? The things look real to me and many people choose their AEG based on their opinion of the real counterpart. All AEG's are the same with their flaws and strong sides, so you can get the one you'd prefer as a real steel and learn to live with it. With another model you'd have other trouble anyways.

Comparing how accurately and airsoft weapon matches up to its real steel counterpart aesthetically. Yes.

Gettting into a discussion over weather x real steel gun is better then y real steel gun. No. What does that have to do with airsoft.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm a picky bugger.

I like HK guns cos the iron sights are better than any rifle in the world.

I like the pistol grip on the SEF MP5s.

I don't like the ambi' fire selector on the Icon MP5s.

That's why I like my CA MP5A2.

I don't like the way the grip feels on an Armalite.

I don't like the way you can't alter the fire-selector without moving your hand on the grip.

I don't like the iron sights.

I do, however, happen to think that the M4 looks pretty cool.

That's why I like my ICS M4.

Beyond that, though, I'll argue with anybody about HK iron sights. The Dioptre system they use is way better than any other system around. :D

Most people seem to say the same... about the HK rifles. Though I seem to be in the same boat. I like the SEF group. Perhaps I have abnormal thumbs or something.

Thing about armalites is that you need to flick the switch through 180 degrees. It's possible to go from safe to semi and then to auto but it's damned difficult to go back the other way. You'd need double-jointed thumbs.

Same sort of deal with the Mk23 LAM. It's easy to press the paddle-switch to the left cos you're pressing down on it but it's damned-near impossible to flick it the other way cos you need to press up on it with your fingernail.

At least with an HK fire-selector you only have to rotate it through about 60 degrees so you don't have to do as much twiddling.

Another one is on the 1911. I dunno how anybody can release the slide catch on the 1911 without altering their grip. It's miles away from the thumb position.

Thing about armalites is that you need to flick the switch through 180 degrees. It's possible to go from safe to semi and then to auto but it's damned difficult to go back the other way. You'd need double-jointed thumbs.

Thats cause Germans dont use/need the safety ;)

Anyways...H&K is used all over the world cause they are good. Good enough for me.

Comparing how accurately and airsoft weapon matches up to its real steel counterpart aesthetically. Yes.

Gettting into a discussion over weather x real steel gun is better then y real steel gun. No. What does that have to do with airsoft.

To me, the aesthetics of any mechanical device (guns, cars, bikes) is not just how it looks, but also how it operates. No matter how cool a gun may look, it doesn't appeal to me if there are major problems with the ergonomics or reliability. I don't buy airsoft guns that I wouldn't want as real steels.

I definitely agree that getting into endless arguments (instead of a civilized debate) over these issues is pretty pointless. Especially when most of the forum users have never even handled the guns which they are speaking highly of, or bashing furiously. As you might have noticed, I was trying to cool it down a little bit: Give everybody credit for their inventions but others too for innovations, right? I think it's an universal subject.

doc_newstead: You could have bothered to read even the post scriptum of my last post. Instead you chose to post a pointless picture that slows forums down and isn't even funny.

Hissing Sid: I can almost reach the slide catch on a 1911 even with a staggered magazine. On a single stack 1911 it's easy. A tactically smart move anyways is to release the slide by giving it a short pull, because in a stress situation it's hard to control small muscles precisely. And if you really want to release it from the lever, just get a lengthened one.

-Sale

There is a very large "Anit-Europeanism" in the US government and - even more alarming - in the US public. If this behaviour continues, the Alliance between America and Europe will die within the next 10 to 20 years.

To be fair, we don't hate all of Europe, just the French, but then again, can you blame us? Hell, we love the brits, you guys are the only ones that ever back us up, no matter how bad a plan we have!

I second that. It's not fair to group us all together. Most of us in America love the UK. Sure there are some European countries *cough*france*cough* that we really don't like, but from my understanding, most of the world doesn't like them either (oooo, burn! lol). As for Jolly old England, we love you guys. Or we wouldn't plague your forums. If you don't believe me, name one American that doens't want to be James Bond. That's what I thought :P We like the accents, we like the better leadership (trust me, none of us are very happy with Bush, you aren't alone on that one), and much friendlier people. Just all around better. I mean, I am patriotic and I love my country (blah, blah, blah), but if I had to chose another one to live in, it would definately be the UK. Same with most Americans.

Aaron

I DO have an armalite. we love our sweet 16. But I'm from a hick town, so we love our sweet 15 (lol, sorry to jab at my neighbors, but we have a lot of just plain WRONG couples) God I love my M15A4!

But in all fairness, I'm cheating on her. I've been eye-humping an ICS MP5A2 with Guarder Surefire grip, and Surefire Nitrolon torch (of course with the 61 bulb 95 lumens)

-Aaron

EDIT: Gene, you forgot "you can't be an effective geardo without an armalite" :)

Ya know, I'm sick of the anti-French bullship feelings in America. I wanna know how the hell France is so bad for basically being her own country? Is that a bad thing? So DeGaulle told NATO to stuff it. And why not? He's entitled to it.

So Chirac didn't support us in Iraq. So what? That's actually a sound decision if the leadership and planning isn't up to snuff (and it wasn't). Neither did Schroeder. Do you see people bashing Germany? No.

So France lost Indochina and Algeria. Your point? She had no hope in hell of keeping them anyways, even with US assistance (as was the case in Indochina, one of the MANY reasons the US decided to play world leader by propping up a series of corrupt regimes). Algeria... whoooooo boy. That's a messy one.

As someone who speaks French fluently, has lived in France and Quebec, and knows the culture and how decent most French are (the Parisians give a bad taste, as does Toxic on this board), I am amazed at the utter ignorance displayed by the vast population of America who merely jumps on the 'bash France' bandwagon.

Ironic, given as how a large quantity of the words that are used to bash France started out as French words adopted by the English when the French won the Battle of Hastings in 1066, ensuring that William the Bastarde became William the Conqueror and to a lesser extent that America would be colonized.

So yes, I am a franco-phile, and yes, I am proud to be one. If you have a problem with France, and if you can't back it up with logical arguments, go fondle yourself.

/rant

PlasticMag,

Maybe we wouldn't hate france so much if they'd show some back bone and win a war sometime. I'd say the real reason Americans hate France (at least my reason) is that Parisians are so rude to us, and basically talk the same umm.. bullship about us. That isn't any different from the rest of the world. But France is different, because we saved they're *albatross* in WWI and WWII. and the thanks we get? Exactly. That's why we don't like france. We help them, they hate us. So we don't help them any more. And that just isn't fair now is it. (le pout)

Aaron

No, in general France actually likes America *gasp*

I've lived there and I speak the language. Read LeMonde if you can, or Le Figaro. Both contain articles highly favorable to America, just not the government.

WWI was the first major technological war. Half of Europe wasn't prepared for it (including the British) and America certainly wasn't.

WWII was different - France was facing the most sophisticated and effective army fielded at the time. What would you rather do - surrender and wait for help or fight until your country was devestated and had no hope of recouperating. As it stood France lost her colonial possessions.

France doesn't hate you. That is the ###### spread by people who don't know better and who don't try to understand other cultures.

Furthermore, expvideo, have you ever been to Paris? Do you know how the Parisians are? Have you ever had a Parisian talk to you and discuss politics and civil affairs? If the answer is no, then I don't think you're in a position to talk.

Thanks for that plastic mag.

PlasticMag,

Maybe we wouldn't hate france so much if they'd show some back bone and win a war sometime.  I'd say the real reason Americans hate France (at least my reason) is that Parisians are so rude to us, and basically talk the same umm.. bullship about us.  That isn't any different from the rest of the world.  But France is different, because we saved they're *albatross* in WWI and WWII.  and the thanks we get?  Exactly.  That's why we don't like france.  We help them, they hate us.  So we don't help them any more.  And that just isn't fair now is it. (le pout)

Aaron

And it's comments like, we saved their *albatross*, that makes people hate the USA. Arrogant comments, which is exactly what that was, are not welcomed in any society. Except maybe in Rap music :D

PlasticMag,

Yes I have spoken with several Parisians through my high school's exchange program (no I am no longer in high school). Including a teacher from france. And although I have not been to Paris, most of my friends have. I have no problem with the French, my problem is with Parisians as my post stated. I AM educated on the subject, so don't get me started. You might be surprised.

As for surrendering in WWII, it was the correct choice, for exactly the reason you stated. And what was the sacrifice that came with surrendering? Losing the respect of the rest of the world. They knew what they were getting themselves into when they surrendered. it's one of those things that if you have to do it, you have to understand that people are going to point and laugh. That's why they call it "swallowing your pride". I don't particularly hate the french. I also speak French, and I have no problem with the culture. It's Parisians I don't like. And I think most people, American or not, will agree with me. This IS from my experience, so don't discount it as ignorance. I DO know what I'm talking about.

Aaron

EDIT: and it's not just Parisians I don't like. I don't like New Yorkers all that much either. See. And for the record, I know that there are good people in both places. It's a general feeling you get from the majority that ruins it for everyone. I think we can all agree that there are certain manurisms from any major city that are either possitive or negative. I don't like the negative all that much.

expvideo - Peut-etre, mais la pluparte des Parisiens sont geniale. C'est vraiment domage que tu penses que tous les Parisiens sont betes. Alles au Paris - apres ca, nous parlons un peut plus si tu ne me comprendras pas, ca va?

Apologies for the lack of accent marks - I'm typing on an English language keyboard.

*EDIT - I'm not qualified to speak on New York. I've never been there. I don't want to generalize because, very often, generalizations are flat wrong.

Nothing personal, it's just that I don't want to make a generalization about people I haven't met.

*EDIT 2 - I have a damn hard time switching from French to English. There's an error or two in the above french, bear with me - it's still understandable.

The reason we dont like france over here is a simple reason... We supported them but they dont support us. I dont like the leadership of the country, I like the people ex. one of my best friends moved from france speeks fluent french and is actullay behind bush (w00t ;) )and is the nicest person i have ever met.

Condensed version: France's goverment sucks unlike most people there

Archived