H&k...

Trigger Happy10

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it isn't fair to group everyone together and generalize. but it also isn't fair to be rude to us. sure it seems invalid to demand respect because "we saved your arses", but in all fairness, we shouldn't have to demand a little appriciation. And that's why some of us don't like France. And I found that little bit kind of condescending. If you're going to make a point in french to try and make me look stupid, at least use some complicated french. Not that it matters, I'm not translating your ######, just to prove I know the language. It is exactly THAT attitude that makes Americans (no not all of us, but some) not like the French.

I think I am entitled to my oppinion. I don't like Paris. I don't see why I have to be belittled by you for having that oppinion.

And I wasn't the first American to think France was rude, so maybe their rep is their own fault.

Aaron

EDIT: Bon Deau! Il Parle Francais! Oui, Je Comprend.

Pardon MY english keyboard and horrid grammer. I am a little out of practice...

My reply was to something on the other page, I didnt see this page here. Opps.

Anyways, I'm not big on French, cause Im so big on German, but the endless French bashing by some people is really unneeded. I really hate that 'we saved their *albatross* *beep*. WTF Britain and Canada was there too, as well as other nations.

And yea, Germany had the most advanced military back then, and just really really bad leaders.

I didn't use it to make you look stupid. I did it in order to continue our conversation in French so the rest of the board wouldn't have to deal with it.

I'm also not intentionally belittling you - you're entitled to your opinion, but as you've never been to Paris or interacted with the general population, I see no valid reason for you to hate the French based on interaction with all of maybe 7 people.

The reason we dont like france over here is a simple reason... We supported them but they dont support us. I dont like the leadership of the country, I like the people ex. one of my best friends moved from france speeks fluent french and is actullay behind bush (w00t  ;) )and is the nicest person i have ever met.

Condensed version: France's goverment sucks unlike most people there

My French aunt supports Bush....

Also, Iraq is NOT like WWII. Why do people keep making that comparison? The French DO support us, in a place called Afghanistan, where this guy (see attached) was hiding at before the US leadership allowed him to sneak into Pakistan, a place our soldiers arnt allowed to go because Pakistan is an 'ally.'

So please, leave the French bashing to the Germans...

link.bin.laden.jpg

My French aunt supports Bush....

Also, Iraq is NOT like WWII. Why do people keep making that comparison? The French DO support us, in a place called Afghanistan, where this guy (see attached) was hiding at before the US leadership allowed him to sneak into Pakistan, a place our soldiers arnt allowed to go because Pakistan is an 'ally.'

So please, leave the French bashing to the Germans...

link.bin.laden.jpg

While we're on this topic aand mentioning France, the Foreign Legion was kicking Talibani *albatross* some time ago... Plus, given as how they've supplied Pakistan with nuclear secrets :P they've managed to form a closer bond with Pakistan than the US could ever manage to do. Not something heard about often in the American press, now is it? <_<

Hell, we love the brits, you guys are the only ones that ever back us up, no matter how bad a plan we have!

Problem is, it's been going on for over 50 years, when are ya gonna come up with a good one??

I've lived and worked in the us, and most people i've met don't have a clue about Europe except from what they see in the media (and i'm not even gonna start about that one, US tv makes me cry lol, i try not to watch tv at all when i'm visiting)

And as for anti-americanism in europe, not really, and if so most of it is directed at the US goverment.

On one hand it's stupid stuff, like naming fench fries : "freedom fries" that makes it hard to take Americans and their patriotism serious for Europeans.

even harder when we hear of experiments with gay-bombs and the like roflmao

Ironicly, i go to france alot to go fish, and for some reason, when i'm in the town, alot of French seem to think i'm American or British and are genuenly (sp?) intrested in the countries.

On the other, it's stuff like the US congress making acts where it would allow the US to use any military force nessecary against countries as my own and Holland -in retaliation to Iraqeu refugees filling a charge against ... i forgot who was in charge of the US troops in afghanistan at the time, for crimes of war at the international court in Brussels...- that ###### our goverments off and the general public, and makes them less enthusiatic about helping you guys every time you see a new boogieman..

Hell, We even changed the laws, so something like that couldn't happen anymore (under pressure prolly)

The fact that not alot of European goverments wanted to touch Iraq, was because it was a farce to begin with, wich alot europeans realized and protested against, and i think by now it's become obvious that most were right...

And, i aggree, the " we saved the french asses" is stupid...

i could say, hell, we Belgians gave you the cobalk and sh*t you needed to make the nuke that fell on hiroshima...and seeing as ppl like to say, the nuke ended the war, doesn't that mean us Belgians saved the worlds *albatross*?? But that would be stupid to say now wouldn't it :)

generalisation is a always a bad thing, i said: "I've lived and worked in the us, and most people i've met don't have a clue about Europe except from what they see in the media ", wich is true, but most of them were eager to find out more about Europe and how we see things...

Conclusion? stay open minded, educate one another rather then get hung up on stereotypes...

SOOO glad I'm not responsible for starting THIS forum. lol. Mine haven't turned out too good either. I guess I should start one about MREs or something, but people would probably find a way to get bent out of shape about that too. I give up. let the -1's fly in my direction for all of my horrible thread ideas.... :)

Aaron

SOOO glad I'm not responsible for starting THIS forum.  lol.  Mine haven't turned out too good either.  I guess I should start one about MREs or something, but people would probably find a way to get bent out of shape about that too.  I give up.  let the -1's fly in my direction for all of my horrible thread ideas.... :)

Aaron

I usually start good threads this the first flame thread i have started.

Archived