VLTOR Modstock Review

Hi everyone

I know the review is already pretty old but I've just come across it. I've got a question that actually doesn't regard the stock but the m4a1 it's fitted onto in this review.

Pics:

105_0533_img.jpg 105_0534_img.jpg

I find this gun looks awesome! But I'm not even sure what brand this gun is, I'd say it's a G&P M4 Commando although the barrel seems to be still shorter than the commando one. Can someone, maybe the writer DumboRAT himself tell me what parts are used on this gun? I'm very interested in the red dot, it's mount and the of course the whole front. I'd be extremely happy if someone could help me, cuz I can't find these parts anywhere.

Cheers

PaNdeMiC

Edited by PaNdeMiC

The rifle is probably a TM with a new metal receiver fitted - G&P weren't making AEGs back then.

The front end looks like a CQB-R length one, with a folding front sight and different flash-hider. The grips are a Surefire M500A or replica.

The red-dot looks like a Cobra holosight but I may be wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to revive a rather old thread, but I've got another question 'bout the old Vltor if anyone's got experience.

My question is, can the modstock (replica or RS) fit a crane stock battery of some sort? I'm not really a fan of Crane stocks, nor PEQ boxes. So would I be able to buy one of the smaller available crane stock batteries and fit it in? The tabs on the side look quite short. I've seen some fitted which reach all the way up the stock, and some which only go around 3/4 of the way.

There are only a few replica Modstocks available, and the one which has stood out most to me is that of Guarder. I've got no clue if it's designed to carry a battery, I haven't seen anything to indicate it is...

See Here: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...07BK_cat_Stocks

There's also the RS. The tabs don't look as wide as the Guarder one so may be less suitable to carry a battery. The review mentions a mod of some sort to allow it to, but it doesn't elaborate...

See Here: http://www.optactical.com/vlcamokit.html

Anyway, if anyone knows of any replicas which can carry a battery (note: not the Crane stocks, just vltors) or how to mod a RS one, I'd be greatful for any help.