ff_logo.jpg

The commando came in a really hard to open package. But once the package was knifed open and all the excess items thrown away the mike set was very easy to set up. Just a matter of connecting the small tube to the top of the mike and then [plugging it into the radio.

commandothroat.jpg

Once connected to the radio it's just a case of siting the mike and deciding what ear is most comfortable for you to have the ear piece in.

Communications using the Commando Mike are possibly one of the best and most clear that I've ever heard (as many of you heard me bleeting at AG). And I'm informed that the ear tube can be cut shorter to ensure a better fit.

The actual mike part that attaches round your neck is not at all restrictive and after a few minutes of ajusting for comfort I'd forgot it was there. I didn't encounter much slippage and I even tooka couple of dives down hills and the mike managed to stay in place perfectly well.

The only minor niggle I had with this entire set up was that I did have the ear piece pop out a few times (during Saturday night ;) ) but this was easily solved with the application of some tactical tape.

Overall this is the best communications system I have EVER used. Not only does it do its job amazingly well for a cheap price but it makes you look like you eat this for breakfast 1337-Cereal.jpg

They're available here from Airsoftmart for the low price of £32.

Be warned though, radio comms for you and your team will never be the same again... You will forever want to be on comms. You go to KFC, what's better than firing up your 446 and trying to get comms with the Team KFC guys. You go to ASDA with the girlfriend, what better way of staying in touch while she's in the veg isle and you're racing round on the trolley than being on comms.....

Take a look on the Firefox web site. That will help you compare the features of each one in a standard format.

Maybe we should get all three together sometime soon and put them head-to-head to find out which is the best in different circumstances? ;)

On firefox's website, I don't see the extreme edition. I only see the airsoft and commando versions. So far, I'm leaning towards the commando version since it's wetherproof and the sound tube seems interesting. :)

Wait, never mind, I found the extreme edition as well.:P

Edited by Shao14

Yup. Basically it breaks down like this.

Extreme: Top of the range - two mics, two sound tubes for the best possible sound quality both sending and receiving. (Review link)

Commando: Mid-range system with one mic and one ear tube (tubes provide better sound quality than ear-buds, although the difference isn't massive). (This review)

Airsoft / Paintball: Entry level set. A great set by all accounts, but the least expensive set, which lets you wnjoy throat mic goodness at a low price. (Review link)

There are also differences in weatherproofing and durability which change with the different models, but full details on that are best obtained from Firefox's web site. ( http://firefoxtechnologies.zoovy.com/ )

go to ASDA with the girlfriend, what better way of staying in touch while she's in the veg isle and you're racing round on the trolley than being on comms.....

Wasnt my gf but a House mate, lol now that was so funny, esp when i was in a queue and all the lady infront hears is 'Suspect spotted, IC1 male, dark jean, yellow top heading your way, can you assist' the look on her face :P

Nad

• 3 weeks later...