Marui M93r AEP

sillyp

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying its realistic on a real gun is one thing but that would not support his side(that has never even used an AEP) becuase in real life rifles blow back. So he uses movies as an example to justify their realism but becuase rifles dont blow back in movies who cares if they dont in airsoft. Thats what I get from reading his messages atleast. And a little point to the movie bit, all guns in movies eject shells, so wheres the realism of a GBB there?

And gun play in movies is preety bad on a relaistic level. However on a entertainment level its excellent.

Saying its realistic on a real gun is one thing but that would not support his side(that has never even used an AEP) becuase in real life rifles blow back. So he uses movies as an example to justify their realism but becuase rifles dont blow back in movies who cares if they dont in airsoft. Thats what I get from reading his messages atleast.  And a little point to the movie bit, all guns in movies eject shells, so wheres the realism of a GBB there?

And gun play in movies is preety bad on a relaistic level. However on a entertainment level its excellent.

there were plenty of airosoft guns befor that ejected shells liek the TM Mp5, walther MPL or even the maurazen [sp?] shell ejecting UZI ;) but all these are now gone apart from teh odd few you may be able to buy second hand <_<

but even these used a external air suppy <_<

This argumeet may be great, but it must wait.

I need to sleep for work tomorrow. And my point is. There are no %100 real airsoft guns so hating a AEP becuase it doesnt blow back is silly. And that basing realism off what you see in movies is a stuooopid idea.

there were plenty of airosoft guns befor that ejected shells liek the TM Mp5, walther MPL or even the maurazen [sp?] shell ejecting UZI ;) but all these are now gone apart from teh odd few you may be able to buy second hand <_<

but even these used a external air suppy <_<

I think people got bored running around picking up the shells :)

Cheers.

I think people got bored running around picking up the shells :)

Cheers.

wont it be great making bio-degrade-able shells :D and costing 0.05p per shell.

im sure i will get one :P

dont like a AEP because theres no blow back is silly? but GBB is closer to the real thing than what a AEP can offer..... and course we would very much prefer a rifle that can blowback and stuff, but it would be insanely priced. and, yeah, we get your point for AEP has it right to exist, but... doesnt mean we have to like, do we ? for what you have posted, it sounds like you hate GBB more than we hate AEP.... :huh: let it be, people like and dislike, why bother changing people's view...

Having seen one being fired, I'd never get one. The noise is feeble and it chrono-ed quite low. It also felt less heavy duty, and the choice is obviously much worse. I don't own any pistols, but if I was going to get one, it would definitely not be an AEP.

Realism isn't important. Consumer satisfaction and experience is. And a GBB offers more of that than any AEP I've seen.

So your basing stuff from movies huh.....thats interesting.

I think that's a perfectly valid POV.

We see guns in the movies and we like the idea of playing with them cos we figure it looks like fun.

If we don't SEE the bolt on an M4 rattling backwards and forwards then we don't feel that we're missing anything by not having it on an AEG.

The same, however, is not true of a pistol. We SEE people racking the slides of pistols in movies and we want to do the same.

Who would want to shoot an NBB DE after seeing the slow-mo footage of Agent Smith pumping bullets into Neo?

Personally, I don't think that an AEP has any advantages over a GBB in practical terms.

Sure, the battery lasts 400 shots but you still have to bung more BBs in at the same rate as a GBB.

The fact that the battery is a seperate unit means that you've got 2 items to swap out to keep the gun working.

In cold weather a GBB loses power. So does a battery. I shot an AEP in January this year, with snow on the ground, and, I swear, I got less than 4 mags out of it (200 shots?) before the battery died.

TBH, on a practical level a GBB and AEP are pretty equal. That just leaves subjective impressions.

Personally, I like the click-clack noise of cocking a GBB. I like the way it kicks in my hand and I like the way people can be intimidated by something like a DE.

Wasn't this suppost to be about the new AEP? We might as well rename this thread, let's fight about AEPS. Since we are on the topic, I think that AEPs are probally most suited to newbies, or people who aren't that good at taking things apart if something goes wrong (refering to GBBs). Honestly, like what other people have mentioned, its all a matter of time before the AEP becomes more widley accept it. For example, I'm sure when the first car came out, or perhaps any new important product of a certain industry, sometimes it's not met with open arms. but mark my words, perhaps the future generations of airsofters will embrace the AEP, because not alot of them have money to spend on GBB, and plus gas is expensive, and finkck.

I suppose this is as good a time as any to share my thoughts on this particular subject. A lot of you may not like AEPs and, of course, that's your perogative. However, I've seen some even say that they should not be made at all! As was stated, just because they are disliked doesn't mean they don't have a right to exist.

There is a market (although small) of people that could find a use for these including "noobs", those who want to plink around in cqb situations without causing major damage; in my case, those of us with disabilities which make it difficult to support the weight of an AEG. Heck, I'm still in the process of fabricating a mount for my Sig 552 but if I could get the same distance and accuracy out of something light enough to hold in my hand then that's much more practical!

AEPs may not be good for you in your particular situation but keep an open mind before completely condemning a product. Besides, this is only the first year AEPs have been in production. They may very well be improved to the point that they're true AEG contenders.

All you people who say they are less realsitic dont use AEGs then right?

And the G18 can reach 330 with upgrades. And you can take your gas Glock and have it  run itself out like most auto gas guns do.

Well I guess because it is a SIDE ARM, you do not have to worry about running out of gas either.

Also, where did you get the number of 100 shots from. Is there a website where someone has upgraded and tested it out?

shot for shot an AEP is cheaper, but its still an aeg with aeg problems so for semi auto only or cqb, i would have to say i'd take a gbb over the aep. for woodland backup however, an aep would work better exept you cant drop the mag to checkyour load because then you get the 2 or 3 bbs that fall out of any aeg, and if your me you only drop the mag far enough to count the bbs and those 2or 3 lose bbs get stuck in the mag well and jam the pistol.

Well I guess because it is a SIDE ARM, you do not have to worry about running out of gas either.

Also, where did you get the number of 100 shots from. Is there a website where someone has upgraded and tested it out?

No someone in NJ owns one.

And when I meant by run out. Is that gas auto pistols slowly wear themselves to the breaking point from constant automatic use.

Archived