THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't find an MP5A5 in many shops in the UK very cheap, cheapest I've seen is probs £155, whereas in Hong Kong, |'ve found loads for under £100.

Yes but you have forgotten about courier charges!

AND dont forget Customs will slap a nice VAT import tax on it when it arrives!

If you add all those together it wont be much cheaper than £150 - £200 believe me!

I know, but I'll probs buy some hicaps, 2 batteries, a charger, and a sidearm too, so the items will be cheaper, but the package won't be much bigger.

The cutoms tax thing will be big I know, but all the items together will be so cheap it should make up for it!

Although in principle I agree, you have to remember that the more items you add to your order, the more heavier it gets costing you more on courier charges and again on IMPORT TAX as the amount rises.

If your going to import from HK, then the above is the way to go. But I doubt overall your costs are going to be a huge saving at the end of the day.

I would do some investigation first before placing an order.

They used to sell ICS ("Ichin") - the Armalites, at any rate.

I buy an awful lot from Hong Kong (just ask my bank manager :rolleyes: ), ut I bought my AUG in the UK - the price was pretty much identical, once I'd factored in a free bag and skirmish.

I also know that I would have not decent support, if anything had gone wrong.

That said, I did buy the Academy from HK - noone in the UK was carrying it, at the time.

Although in principle I agree, you have to remember that the more items you add to your order, the more heavier it gets costing you more on courier charges and again on IMPORT TAX as the amount rises.

If your going to import from HK, then the above is the way to go. But I doubt overall your costs are going to be a huge saving at the end of the day.

I would do some investigation first before placing an order.

I did make quite a saving ordering from HK actually - I bought a FAMAS, battery and hi-cap for £183 once you include customs and postage etc. That's a saving of a fair amount, including most of the pirce of the mag and battery.

I did make quite a saving ordering from HK actually  - I bought a FAMAS, battery and hi-cap for £183 once you include customs and postage etc. That's a saving of a fair amount, including most of the pirce of the mag and battery.

I didn’t say you couldn’t if everything goes your way, but Customs here in the UK are very unpredictable. One minute all packages go through no problem with no VAT. Next they hit you so hard that it doesn’t make any sense to import whatsoever.

I have been importing DVD's, consoles and games etc from the USA and Canada for years now and it doesn’t seem to have any definite rules that are adhered to in any way.

ok guys im not that experienced so if i say something wrong go ahead and yell at me. I have an sg-1 and ive really enjoyed it. The battery lasts a LONG time, and on automatic setting it fires extremely fast (especially if you give it a little upgrade). Its accuracy is great, and the adjustable hop-up is great for control. Maybe its just compared to my last gun, a regular spring rifle non gas or electric mp5 single shot, but i really like the sg-1. The only problem is its kind of expensive for a first gun. I got it off of www.precisionairsoft.com for about 290 bucks. I dont know if i was ripped off or anything, but they also have starter packs with batteries, bbs, and magazines. (also in another post, but how do i get a picture next to my name and a signature and all? sorry new to the site here)

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I agree with the most FAMAS users that it is a very good weapon and also a good choice for the start. But perhaps there are better weapons with a higher "starting potential". The FAMAS is a little bit harder to upgrade cause of the special Version 1 GB. Very little people can help you ;)

As long as you use the FAMAS Out of the box its a good weapon but quickly you want to change something and this is the point where most of the GB2 and 3 Models get more interesting. Armalites, G36 and AK are widespread and it is easy to get cheap, used spare parts and add-ons as mountbases or so.

According to my own experiences I do not think that Classic Army AEGs are a good choice for a beginner. Stick to a TM and if Airsoft is the right hobby you might change to more expensive metal AEGs ;)

But what Marui AEG?

As mentioned before look for a Gearbox Version 2 or 3 as they are the widespread once. Most of the Marui ones have this gearboxes. Now you only have to choose one you like most. If you love your AEG you will treat it good, look after it and will learn how it works and what all this little cute parts are for. That´s YOUR perfect weapon to start :D

:huh: I been very confused mates,

I been playing for two years with a super 9, and am now attempting to purchase an AEG, But which one?

I ve thought about the ak-47 and have thought about it for a while but the reviews i read said i had to remove the stock to access the battery and its a piece of @#$@, is this bull?

I've also thought about the M16 A1 VN from TM but i dont know wether I can trust TM.

ANY suggetions? :huh:

Hey mate

My brother bought an M15 A4 from precision airsoft and got a pretty good deal off them they sent him the gun, 700 mah battery, 2000 bbs, and a double mag for only $350, so from my understanding if your not sure about your purchase iwould definitely keep it

You don't have to remove the stock to put the battery in the AK. You have to slide off the butt plate and then secure it back on. Also I wouldn't go to TM for armalites (M16s etc) as they have a reputation for snapping and being weak bodied.

If your going for a TM as a first gun I'd recommend a FAMAS or AK both are durable long lasting and pretty powerful and accurate. . .

I have a AK and it is far from bull. Buy one...you'll love it :)

My only choices are the AK47, MP5SD5 and the MP5A4.

The good thing about the AK47 is it's the most accurate AEG out of the box. (Stock) It also uses a Version 3 gearbox that can widthstand stong springs. Not to forget the huge battery compartment. Since it's long, you'll never go wrong with the range. You could pwn a tango from whereever. LOL. The only bad thing about it is screws tend to get loose during combat. Oh yeah, you kinda have limited accessories unlike the MP5/M4 series.

I'd also recommend the MP5SD5. One, it has a huge battery compartment so you could easily fit some 9.6v 1900/2400mAh batts in 'em but of course, with some modification. (which is real easy) You could also fit in a BS tight barrel from the M4 series which fits just right at the tip of the suppressor. A little crater cutting will do the trick. It's also real silent, unlike it's scandalous brothers, the MP5A4/A5. It's perfect for CQBs and mid-ranged field games.

As for the MP5A4, all of the said stuff above except for the fixed silencer even though you can get yourself a suppressor (and other of pretty neat accessories too.) The good thing about this is you can get yourself one of those SureFire tactical foregrips which has a silencer fixed to it.

Just my two cents worth.

In the last two and a half hours that I have been sitting here reading all the posts, I came to a conclusion. And that was that every one is right…in a way, and at the same time everyone is wrong…in a way. When I first got in to Airsoft I listened to what everyone had to say, and the general consensus was that the Sig 552 was a sweet gun, and in retrospect it really is. But the first time I got on to the field with it, I knew right away that it was the wrong gun for me. After that I started using other peoples guns for one game. I must have gone through 50 guns before I got a hold of a Psg-1.

What I am saying is, don’t ignore what people are saying, who knows, the gun for you could be the general consensus, but before you invest in one try it first and see it is the gun for you.

okay, i am haveing some trouble here. I am a complete noob to the airsoft world, but i have been researching which AEG i would like to buy for some time now. my biggest problem is that i live in canada and in a fairly small city. There are no airsoft shops anywhere near where i live, so actually holding AEG's, and finding what i am comfortable with is pretty much out of the question. the AEG that i am leaning towards is the FA-MAS but i have heard alot of bad things (and good) about it. my biggest problem with it is i have heard that there is very little you can do to upgrade it externally or internally. i was just wondering what exactly was the problem with upgrades internally for the FA-MAS. so any help on that or any reasons to purchase the FA-MAS or not to would be really awsome. also could someone please clear up the rumor about the magazine realease thing for me people keep saying that it catch's and realeases the mag. but other people say this doesn't happen. thanks alot for any response(s) to this post :)

i was just wondering what exactly was the problem with upgrades internally for the FA-MAS. so any help on that or any reasons to purchase the FA-MAS or not to would be really awsome. also could someone please clear up the rumor about the magazine realease thing for me people keep saying that it catch's and realeases the mag. but other people say this doesn't happen. thanks alot for any response(s) to this post :)

There are a few threads on this AEG. Do a search...it will answer your question.

The good thing about the AK47 is it's the most accurate AEG out of the box. (Stock)

I beg to differ. The PSG-1, FAMAS, M16A1-A2, G3 series, SG550 and the AUG all have longer inner barrels that provide more accuracy. And that's just off the top of my head. Not to nag, but it's really not the most accurate AEG, although it is quite good.

I dont think an AEG is a good noob gun. The best Noob gun is the UHC mp5. I have had it for over a year and its awsome. After you have that for a while and you really get into airsoft, then get an aeg.

Here is a picture of my mp5. I duck taped a lazer to it and made a sling out of a shoe lace, kind of getto but hey, it works

Archived