THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this The new tokyo Marui M4 Sopmod even though its expensive is the most user friendly airsoft gun i have at the moment becasue battery and fuse changing is so simple my cat can change it, all bbs feed into the airsoft gun so no mag falts. Rock solid construction. Plus no need to upgrade becasue at the moment you cant realy do much except add attachments like red dot sights grenade launchers etc. Plus its loud and fun to shoot

Take it easy

I feel any clone gun would be a great starter, people shouldn't start with TM/CA..etc guns

You are everything that's wrong with airsoft.

In other news, you can't go wrong with the expensive brands, but some clones are good too.

The JG G36c is a popular n00b weapon, as is the AGM HK416.

Any of the CYMA or Kalash AK's should do you alright, as well.

Clones are a bit hit and miss, to be honest. Spend the extra, and you won't regret it, but if you MUST cheap out and get a clone, read plenty of reviews on the gun you've picked before laying down the cash.

Ben.

• 1 year later...

GR-16 clear plastic version (sorry if already brought up), I am still using it and it's a great reasonably priced starter AEG.

-Good ROF.

-Strong plastic used (not ABS but Nylon Fibre I think) It's more durable then ABS I believe.

-Lot's of parts available for it as it is an M4 variant, always good to know :)

-I think it has a tightbore, I haven't actually checked mine but as far as I am aware most G&G items come with them.

-Pneumatic blowback, it's not great but it's noticeable and because of the design it does not do anything to the battery or the gearbox.

-Clear>2 tone as you wont be seen form the other side of the area like you will with a bright green gun.

-It is fairly wobble free apart from the retractable stock which is and, with most of it's kind, will be a little wobbly.

-If you spray it whatever colour, when the paint gets chipped it does not look nearly as bad with bits of clear plastic showing through as it would with bits of green plastic/metal.

I would personally give this weapon a 8-9/10 as a starter AEG and, stock as a normal AEG about a 7-8/10.

It's good, its fun and its £140-£160.

• 2 months later...

Well from a total noob who's just bought a TM AK47 with a 100 spring installed, I can say it passed it's first skirmish (my second) with flying colours, some of the regulars even commented how much distance I was getting out of it. No chrono so don't know the FPS sad.gif but it's bang-on accurate, nothing shakes or rattles and the only problems I had were with the hi-cap mag's not feeding very well and I lost the butt plate somewhere (I think it may have been whilst diving into a trench under fire). Think I might get some mid-caps and a few more pouches instead of expecting wound mag's to work all the time wink.gif

+ve's

Large battery = one charge for the day

Not too long, not too short = accurate over distance and okay for close-ish stuff

I was the only one there with an AK in a sea of M4's and MP5's = different

TM = reliable (please don't be the kiss of death). Nothing broke, hop worked great and distance was consistant all day

-ve's

Price = get what you pay for I guess, but still stung for a first AEG

Looks = fugly unless you dress it up as something it's not

Noisy = not exactly subtle so it's a bit like shouting "I'm over here" if you miss

In short, I love it and apart from my MP5K fetish I can only see it getting upgraded instead of discarded smile.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived